Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Substitute needles for the Minnesota and Davis, as well as others, machines

Where do I go to find a specific age date for my Minnesota B? I have a complete number, but apparently not the brains to find this information after hours and days of searching. Her number is D1470174.

Don't feel bad, you'd need psychic ability rather than brains to figure out a make date for your B. The Minnesota B was made from approximately 1904-1909. You have a later serial number, so I'd estimate 1907 or 1908. The Minnesota B warranty certificate consisted of a page in the manual the customer needed to fill out. I've only found one filled out so far.

Jon

Thanks for bringing this old thread back. I've got a Minnesota model A. Am I correct in assuming it takes the same needles? Do you happen to know what years the model A was made? I need to find a bobbin winder assembly for it, and would like to (someday) convert it to a hand crank.
    Annette in Utah

Quote Originally Posted by quiltedsunshine View Post
    Thanks for bringing this old thread back. I've got a Minnesota model A. Am I correct in assuming it takes the same needles? Do you happen to know what years the model A was made? I need to find a bobbin winder assembly for it, and would like to (someday) convert it to a hand crank.
    Minnesota A was made by a few different makers so a photo would be best to figure out the needles and parts. Some used the Davis Long needles and others a regular 15x1. I don't believe any of the Minnesota A's had a motor boss to make mounting a handcrank easy.

Jon

Jon, I have a WheelerWilson #8 and a #9 can I use the same needle in both machines? The #8 machine is in pristine condition and came with lots of needles and attachments. I'm still cleaning the #9.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2