Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Thrift store run and a nice machine >

Thrift store run and a nice machine

Thrift store run and a nice machine

Old 02-10-2016, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by maryb119 View Post
No! Of course, you couldn't leave her there. You will give her a good home. Enjoy her.
Thank you, I think hubby was luv struck when he saw what was in the coffee grinder and how it was built. He is a scientist and loves these more complicated machines.

Originally Posted by liking quilting View Post
You did good! I am still a real novice at this and did not know any sewing machine ever had a light like that. I mean that's a light "fixture."!!!
I totally agree!!
Old 02-10-2016, 06:26 PM

I have seen Pfaff 130's on craigslist, but never with the light and certainly not at that price, what a great find!
Old 02-10-2016, 08:44 PM

Awesome, amazing find! Show us how she looks when she's all shined up!
Old 02-10-2016, 08:49 PM

That machine is a boss!!!
Old 02-10-2016, 09:14 PM
Power Poster

Congrats on the great find!
Old 02-10-2016, 10:46 PM

The inside of the coffee grinder which is really a 50010 embroidery attachment 54 stitches! Going to need a pretty good cleaning...looks like she was in a wood shop, sawdust all over the back side of her which would have been facing up in the cabinet I believe. The bottom of the cabinet was rotted from water damage and had much termite damage too. Such a shame.
Attached Thumbnails pfaff-130-6-004.jpg  

Last edited by Sunflowerzz; 02-10-2016 at 10:50 PM.
Old 02-11-2016, 06:31 AM

Now THAT is a heck of a find! I would have bought it in a second, too! She's a beaut!

I don't have space for more cabinets, so now when I find a machine I want in a cabinet, I buy it and then "re-donate" the cabinet by just leaving it there. (I tell them what I'm doing, of course) The staff often think I'm crazy because they think the value is in the cabinet itself, not the "weird old machine" inside it. I'm happy they think that way, because it means they really don't mind if I take the machine and leave the cabinet for them to sell again.
Old 02-11-2016, 07:10 AM

That's one heck of a good price for a Pfaff 130 with everything! Lucky lucky you! You must have had an angel on your shoulder!
Old 02-11-2016, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by Sewnoma View Post
Now THAT is a heck of a find! I would have bought it in a second, too! She's a beaut!

I don't have space for more cabinets, so now when I find a machine I want in a cabinet, I buy it and then "re-donate" the cabinet by just leaving it there. (I tell them what I'm doing, of course) The staff often think I'm crazy because they think the value is in the cabinet itself, not the "weird old machine" inside it. I'm happy they think that way, because it means they really don't mind if I take the machine and leave the cabinet for them to sell again.
Yes, I have done that too and would have done that with this one....BUT, the matching slide in hidden chair had fused inside it and my hubby and the men couldn't get it to pull out of the cabinet so because I didn't want to take a chance that it might have had goodies hidden in the drawers of the matching chair we took the cabinet too....alas no goodies but did salvage the drawers and the bobbin holder inside.

Originally Posted by Mrs. SewNSew View Post
That's one heck of a good price for a Pfaff 130 with everything! Lucky lucky you! You must have had an angel on your shoulder!
I think you are right, it was my day up and walking about after being flat on my back with pinched nerve in my back!!! I was feeling much better after the find. Hehe, forgot all about my hurts for the rest of the afternoon. Couldn't wipe the big smile off of my face.

Thanks to all that have replied in this thread. I think the attachment is the biggest one I have ever seen, it is nicely hinged and opens easily and attaches pretty easy too. I know they call this machine the 130-6, Can anyone tell me if all 130's come with the holes in the body of the machine for this attachment? Just curious why the 130-6 is in the manual and machine is only marked 130.
Old 02-11-2016, 11:52 AM

It looks like a good find.