Turissa Machine

Old 09-04-2019, 06:26 AM

My Adler (German) has a hinged lid and yet still a bit of a bobbin cover[ATTACH=CONFIG]617027[/ATTACH]

FWIW
Attached Thumbnails leonf-u169597-albums19738-589986.jpg  
Old 09-07-2019, 06:12 AM

This one has me bugged. I have been doing a lot of searching to find which machine riutzelj actually has.
Could it be https://picclick.ca/RARE-Swiss-made-...171294419.html or
https://picclick.fr/Vintage-TURISSA-...088965786.html

As Mickey2 has suggested that the ones he has seen seem to have bobbin cases like shown at https://image.jimcdn.com/app/cms/ima...4377/image.jpg and are similar to the one Leon posted above.

According to Turissa ultramatic it came with a manual. Does the machine in the manual and your machine look the same? I have gotten and seen too many machines that didn't match the manual or other bits and bobs that came with it. If the manual is actually for the green machine, does it show how to insert the bobbin? Does it have you insert it into a separate case similar to https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sewing-mach...sAAMXQupJRFx2T or does it look like something else?

The Huskvarna-Viking site has some manuals for Turissa machines, but I don't think any of them are green.

Some manuals have part numbers in them. Pictures would sure help. I have not seen any free arm machines that take a long shuttle bobbin.

If you or patricio rojas can''t seem to be able to post a picture, but do know how to email pictures, I would be happy to send my email address so that you could send them to me and I could reduce the size, if needed, and post for you.

Picture of the whole machine and the bobbin area would probably help a great deal. Also if you have a class 15 or 66 bobbin, have you tried them?

I did notice that some of the Turissa machines appear to take high shank feet.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 09-07-2019 at 09:38 AM. Reason: font size
Old 09-04-2020, 12:20 PM

Im not sure how successful you will be selling it for spares. The spares that folk seem to need most of all are the toothed belts.

My aunt told me her friend was selling her mother's machine, Turissa Swissmatic, (green, with the telephone dial front) nothing happened, but I set up a search on ebay mainly to find what to offer the person for the machine. Eventually one came up and it turned out to be auntie's friend's machine. I won the bidding at £17. Marvellous, as I would have offered her more!

Then she got in touch to say that her son in law had opened the machine and found that the belt had turned to dust. I said I would still take it.

Hub found one online and eventually I bit the bullet and purchase it at vast expense and also some bobbins as well. Eventually after more reading up i was totally dismayed to find that the machine has two drive belts and the other wasn't available!

So now I have this beautiful machine sitting on the shelf in my workroom. I can tell by turning the wheel that it would be beautiful if it were running! I have the spec for the belt but no idea of how I could get one made. My hub spends a fortune on bits for his vintage car, so I would be happy to pay for one. I think.

Any ideas of how I might source one? What might fit instead, or whether getting one made would be possible?
Old 09-04-2020, 12:49 PM

I have a Turissa Swissmatic too, I managed to source a belt, before finding that there were two needed! I got bobbins as well!

Wondering if digital printing has advanced enough to allow someone to print me one! I guess you need a flexible material