Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Two Machines for the Price of One :( >

Two Machines for the Price of One :(

Two Machines for the Price of One :(

Old 01-22-2014, 04:30 PM

Default Two Machines for the Price of One :(

i was out and about picking up my singer 15-88 treadle cabinet and 2 antique side tables that my brother bid on. there was this domestic sewing machine listed for $40 but the catch is, if you buy it you need to get his other sewing machine. check out the other free sewing machine - it's a white rotary. there was this other person who's coming over today to pick them up. he said, who ever comes first will get the first dib. i decided to let it go as my truck is already full and i couldn't possibly squeeze 2 more sewing machines with cabinet. also i was with my MIL helping her do some grocery shoppings and i also went to my daughter to bring some food. so car is totally full. imagine, 2 sewing machines for the price of 1. oh well next deal again.
Attached Thumbnails screen-shot-2014-01-22-4.25.54-pm.png   screen-shot-2014-01-22-4.26.02-pm.png  

Last edited by vmaniqui; 01-22-2014 at 04:32 PM.
Old 01-22-2014, 05:10 PM

Darn it! Why can't I live in Ca? You've been finding some great machines!
Old 01-22-2014, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Rach L. View Post
Darn it! Why can't I live in Ca? You've been finding some great machines!
i can adopt you and you can stay at my house. its just me and my wife now since my daughter (senior at UC Berkeley) moved out to stay at an apt . but guess what, there's this seller at CL with the exact model Domestic machine for $15.
Attached Thumbnails screen-shot-2014-01-22-5.23.55-pm.png  
Old 01-22-2014, 06:03 PM

I'd have no problem taking the White - it's that other machine that goes with it I would have a hard time with LOL!!
Old 01-22-2014, 06:24 PM

You can adopt me. I'm tired of the cold and icy roads anyway. However, you're home will be over run with sewing machines, and any cool parts I can find, and Macybaby would hate me because I'd be bugging her constantly asking what this and that are for.

I know I'm in the minority here, but I really like the look of some of these 60's "retro" machines. Although, I absolutely love my Domestic treadle. It sews so nicely. I haven't gotten the chance to try out my Two Spool yet, but I'm sure I will this weekend! I might attempt a rug mug. I have a mental pic of what I want to do....the question is, can I actually do it?
Old 01-22-2014, 06:29 PM

You can adopt me. I'm tired of the cold and icy roads anyway. However, you're home will be over run with sewing machines, and any cool parts I can find, and Macybaby would hate me because I'd be bugging her constantly asking what this and that are for.

I know I'm in the minority here, but I really like the look of some of these 60's "retro" machines. Although, I absolutely love my Domestic treadle. It sews so nicely. I haven't gotten the chance to try out my Two Spool yet, but I'm sure I will this weekend! I might attempt a rug mug. I have a mental pic of what I want to do....the question is, can I actually do it?
that would be nice, we can conquer and buy all machines (ha ha ha) and put them all in one room. right now it's 54deg. here and yet i am complaining that it is cold. with all those machines, you've got no reason not to do it or no reason that you can't do it. you can do it.......there's nothing to it.....
Old 01-22-2014, 06:32 PM

that would be nice, we can conquer and buy all machines (ha ha ha) and put them all in one room. right now it's 54deg. here and yet i am complaining that it is cold. with all those machines, you've got no reason not to do it or no reason that you can't do it. you can do it.......there's nothing to it.....

tell me about it. i have a project (all wool iPhone case) that i already cut and ready to be sewn and yet i am putting it on hold as my time is pretty much consumed working on all my sewing machines.
Old 01-22-2014, 06:36 PM

ok. i offered the seller $80 for this treadle. seller replied back that it's free if i can pick up. so i said i will take it and can pick up now. i emailed 6 times asking the address for pick up but nada. hope i can get a reply soon. wouldn't it be nice to have this treadle.
Attached Thumbnails screen-shot-2014-01-22-6.35.39-pm.png  
Old 01-22-2014, 06:36 PM

You call 54 cold? I think we had a high of 7 today, however, with the blowing snow and wind, it felt like -12.

I hope you have a big room! Then again, I am finding that once I get my machines home, I really enjoy cleaning them, and fixing them (I have yet to run into anything challenging), so maybe, we can buy 'em all, fix 'em up, and sell the ones we don't want, to buy more of the ones we do, LOL. I hope your wife shares the enthusiasm for sewing machines considering this will take place in your home....I think I'm making progress with my hubby.
Old 01-22-2014, 06:39 PM

You call 54 cold? I think we had a high of 7 today, however, with the blowing snow and wind, it felt like -12.

I hope you have a big room! Then again, I am finding that once I get my machines home, I really enjoy cleaning them, and fixing them (I have yet to run into anything challenging), so maybe, we can buy 'em all, fix 'em up, and sell the ones we don't want, to buy more of the ones we do, LOL. I hope your wife shares the enthusiasm for sewing machines considering this will take place in your home....I think I'm making progress with my hubby.
nope. not with my wife. she's not even happy everytime i bring home a cheap sewing machine. i can see the frown in her face. you're lucky that your hubby partly supports you. good job making him that way . i tried but she can't understand this addiction i have - another