Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
UH While the Big Katt's away... >

UH While the Big Katt's away...

UH While the Big Katt's away...

Old 07-03-2013, 08:58 PM

I don't think you will get it all in that 50 ft mobile home either, Joe. The pathfinder you could tow behind the bus.
Old 07-04-2013, 01:21 AM
Power Poster

We could help you paint up the school bus... Every where you stop someone could paint a quilt square on it. Yup tow the Pathfinder. Make a good tent for the garage... sleep on top of Elaine's fabric stash - it would be soft - it is just a matter of how you fold it. .
Old 07-04-2013, 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
We could help you paint up the school bus... Every where you stop someone could paint a quilt square on it. Yup tow the Pathfinder. Make a good tent for the garage... sleep on top of Elaine's fabric stash - it would be soft - it is just a matter of how you fold it. .
Mental picture here of a vintage sewing machine 2013 hippie/quilty greyhound bus. It would be painted with quilt squares and vintage sewing machines. What a great advertisement for a business to repair old sewing machines or rescue them. I can see you and Elaine all set up at flea markets all across the country. Joe would be treadling along making wacky bags and Elaine making and selling her wares using the sewing machines she claimed from you. Don't forget the cats. They would have there own digs in the bus all set up with cat trees and kitty accessories that Elaine makes. Oh, I could go on and on. Let us all add to Joe and Elaine's future travel plans.
Old 07-04-2013, 08:09 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Caroline S View Post
Mental picture here of a vintage sewing machine 2013 hippie/quilty greyhound bus. It would be painted with quilt squares and vintage sewing machines. What a great advertisement for a business to repair old sewing machines or rescue them. I can see you and Elaine all set up at flea markets all across the country. Joe would be treadling along making wacky bags and Elaine making and selling her wares using the sewing machines she claimed from you. Don't forget the cats. They would have there own digs in the bus all set up with cat trees and kitty accessories that Elaine makes. Oh, I could go on and on. Let us all add to Joe and Elaine's future travel plans.
If Joe doesn't want it ...... keep dreaming Caroline.... maybe someone else wants to do that...
Old 07-04-2013, 08:10 AM
Power Poster

Joe, if you had the Greyhound you just would need a couple motorcycles - take up less space than that Pathfinder...
Old 07-04-2013, 01:27 PM

Joe, what an adventure everyone has planned for you! If you did get a bus and wanted it decorated with quilts, you could also have us all sign the quilts painted on the bus as you make your way around the country.
Miriam, maybe he thinks he needs the Pathfinder to go and get the machines, but with all of the publicity on the bus with all of the quilts and pictures of machines, etc , all he'd need would be a big magnet and the machines would find him!
What a fun life that would be!
Old 07-04-2013, 01:41 PM

I will want to paint a quilt square! Come visit us. We have some nice guest rooms to give yourselves a break from the camper. And, I have enough treadles and vintage tailed machines for Joe, Elaine, myself and guests
Old 07-04-2013, 02:00 PM

What a fun read this has been
Old 07-05-2013, 05:01 AM

Joe and Elaine are headed to Mooresville, NC to bargain for the Terminator-Octopod! ;0)
Old 07-05-2013, 09:51 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Lara122 View Post
Joe and Elaine are headed to Mooresville, NC to bargain for the Terminator-Octopod! ;0)
Well he better stop by here on his way home so I can play with it, too...