Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Giggles aka What are they smoking???? >

Vintage Giggles aka What are they smoking????

Vintage Giggles aka What are they smoking????

Old 08-15-2013, 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
yeah but he IS motivated.
Motivated seller but not a motivated photographer...
Old 08-15-2013, 04:17 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by frudemoo View Post
Motivated seller but not a motivated photographer...
Oh who needs pictures everybody knows what a sewing machine looks like... LOL
Old 08-15-2013, 04:35 AM

Location: Cabin at the lake.. on my way to Brunswick as soon as the house is complete

I replied to a Craigslist Ad for

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/art/3997643971.html

This is what I received back.!! I have read it 3 times and still do not fully understand the message he is trying to convey. I can not even imagine what communication with this guy would be like in person.

The machine belongs to a friend of mine that does not have a computer ! If u call the # I listed he can send some pics to u on ur cell phone ! His name is Kevin ! I CERN the machines and they need a good home ? The machine u want is made of metal ! No plastic parts or pieces on it at all ! It looked like it was in very good condition for its age ! I'm sure tha by the looks of it it was made in the 50's or sixties ! It told him that it was a highly sought after machine for some one interested in sewing heavy materials dot to the fact it had all steal gears and a good motor and heavy belt ! I hand opiated it from the rear ! It all moveced as it should ! It was mint condition ! Call keven ! He is good guy ! He will Probobly give u both machines if u buy the first one listed ! They even had the original foot pedals ! The steal machine was in a nice table aswell ! He will give u good deal if u give them good home ! Tom ! If that is not what you are looking for I have a nice singer ! But it is so old it has no revers ! But it is mint ! It has every thing ! Lower bobbin needle pedal in full operational order ! But I want $100 ! It was made in 1821 !
Old 08-15-2013, 04:38 AM

Maybe when they said that "you would be hard pressed to find one in this condition for this price" they meant no one else is selling a dirty machine without a case or cabinet for this much money.
~G~
Old 08-15-2013, 04:40 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by brunswickgirl View Post
i replied to a craigslist ad for

this is what i received back.!! I have read it 3 times and still do not fully understand the message he is trying to convey. I can not even imagine what communication with this guy would be like in person.

The machine belongs to a friend of mine that does not have a computer ! If u call the # i listed he can send some pics to u on ur cell phone ! His name is kevin ! I cern the machines and they need a good home ? The machine u want is made of metal ! No plastic parts or pieces on it at all ! It looked like it was in very good condition for its age ! I'm sure tha by the looks of it it was made in the 50's or sixties ! It told him that it was a highly sought after machine for some one interested in sewing heavy materials dot to the fact it had all steal gears and a good motor and heavy belt ! I hand opiated it from the rear ! It all moveced as it should ! It was mint condition ! Call keven ! He is good guy ! He will probobly give u both machines if u buy the first one listed ! They even had the original foot pedals ! The steal machine was in a nice table aswell ! He will give u good deal if u give them good home ! Tom ! If that is not what you are looking for i have a nice singer ! But it is so old it has no revers ! But it is mint ! It has every thing ! Lower bobbin needle pedal in full operational order ! But i want $100 ! It was made in 1821 !
rotflmbosboc
Old 08-15-2013, 05:23 AM

I replied to a Craigslist Ad for

This is what I received back.!! I have read it 3 times and still do not fully understand the message he is trying to convey. I can not even imagine what communication with this guy would be like in person.

The machine belongs to a friend of mine that does not have a computer ! If u call the # I listed he can send some pics to u on ur cell phone ! His name is Kevin ! I CERN the machines and they need a good home ? The machine u want is made of metal ! No plastic parts or pieces on it at all ! It looked like it was in very good condition for its age ! I'm sure tha by the looks of it it was made in the 50's or sixties ! It told him that it was a highly sought after machine for some one interested in sewing heavy materials dot to the fact it had all steal gears and a good motor and heavy belt ! I hand opiated it from the rear ! It all moveced as it should ! It was mint condition ! Call keven ! He is good guy ! He will Probobly give u both machines if u buy the first one listed ! They even had the original foot pedals ! The steal machine was in a nice table aswell ! He will give u good deal if u give them good home ! Tom ! If that is not what you are looking for I have a nice singer ! But it is so old it has no revers ! But it is mint ! It has every thing ! Lower bobbin needle pedal in full operational order ! But I want $100 ! It was made in 1821 !
Brunswick Girl - I laughed and tears came out of my eyes. Honestly, that was just hilarious. Every precious word. I am still giggling.

Still, looks like you could bargain a few Necchis for a good deal from 'keven'. He is, after all, a good guy. ;-)
Old 08-15-2013, 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
rotflmbosboc
Miriam, what does the 'sboc' portion of that mean?
Old 08-15-2013, 05:26 AM
Power Poster

spewing beverage on computer
Old 08-15-2013, 05:31 AM

But I want $100 ! It was made in 1821 !
LOLOLOL! ... at all of it, but this bit really unravelled me

Just found this one in our hemisphere. Interesting to look at if nothing else. $2,800 anyone?

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/goobu...ine/1015943465
Old 08-15-2013, 05:35 AM

$5,500 for this one. Obviously planning to purchase new camera equipment.

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/sunny...869/1025426229