Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 09-27-2011, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by miriam
Originally Posted by bloomin'Iris
wish I were
Hey Iris - how's that table?
still in the garage...:(, it's for my future sewing room :)
will be removing a wall between two small rooms in Nov, such a long long time away.
Finish your machine tune-up?
How's the studio coming?
I spent the better part of an hour trying to get the grocery ad unstuck off the floor. I got several layers off but that last layer is still stuck. I got my 2 3in1 tables working - the ironing pad is fantastic. I can cut on one table and iron on the other and sew too. I've started cutting pieces for a quilt for the little man (2 year old GS) out of old shirts. I had to quit - my neck was sore. I'm thinking there is enough to make a patch quilt, and some patchy skirts out of sleeves and maybe a baby quilt for the one due in December. I hope everybody will 'match' - DH had some shirts he didn't want anymore. I still need better lighting. That place is so dim. I'm picking up a Spartan to rehab this morning. :roll:
lol, and when you get time...........
Old 09-27-2011, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by justtrish
Originally Posted by Lostn51
Okay just to mess with you guys a bit but I just picked up a MOP F&R off of CL today!! I will post photos of it when it gets here but I am waiting for the confirmation of address to send my BIL to go get it for me. And yes it is a hand crank!

Billy
You picked up a ??? F?&R? from craigslist :)

Can someone translate this coded message please? Lol

Well the F & R refers to Frister & Rossman - a german machine and the MOP means Mother of Pearl which is in the design. I have a F&R hand crank, as well, and they are quite decorative and slick machines, just don't have the easy access to parts and needles as Singers or other domestics.
:mrgreen:
Old 09-27-2011, 04:27 PM

I really would like this, but too far away for me and they won't ship. Oh Well.
Old 09-27-2011, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by melinda1962
http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=8641598

Nothing like this ever shows up at the closest goodwill to me.
I would love to have that! 5 hour drive one way though, oh well.
Old 09-27-2011, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by justtrish
Originally Posted by Lostn51
Okay just to mess with you guys a bit but I just picked up a MOP F&R off of CL today!! I will post photos of it when it gets here but I am waiting for the confirmation of address to send my BIL to go get it for me. And yes it is a hand crank!

Billy
You picked up a ??? F?&R? from craigslist :)

Can someone translate this coded message please? Lol

:mrgreen:
Frister & Rossmann with Mother of Pearl inlays....
Old 09-27-2011, 07:24 PM

A cool setup, this desk is free. They stated that the typewriter area was used for the sewing machine, but I think that area could be set up for iron and pad. And bottom shelf could hold fabrics.

Great deal free! I don't have room for it. If I had the basement, it would be down there holding my Singer 401A...but I don't have a basement. :(

Just a way to decorate a sewing room for almost nothing-this case the desk is free.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/zip/2620940681.html
Old 09-27-2011, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by melinda1962
http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=8613238

The person with the cabinet in need of a machine may can use this one.
Is that a handcrank or a treadle?
Old 09-28-2011, 01:20 AM
Power Poster

wish I were
Hey Iris - how's that table?
still in the garage...:(, it's for my future sewing room :)
will be removing a wall between two small rooms in Nov, such a long long time away.
Finish your machine tune-up?
How's the studio coming?
I spent the better part of an hour trying to get the grocery ad unstuck off the floor. I got several layers off but that last layer is still stuck. I got my 2 3in1 tables working - the ironing pad is fantastic. I can cut on one table and iron on the other and sew too. I've started cutting pieces for a quilt for the little man (2 year old GS) out of old shirts. I had to quit - my neck was sore. I'm thinking there is enough to make a patch quilt, and some patchy skirts out of sleeves and maybe a baby quilt for the one due in December. I hope everybody will 'match' - DH had some shirts he didn't want anymore. I still need better lighting. That place is so dim. I'm picking up a Spartan to rehab this morning. :roll:
lol, and when you get time...........
yeah, in my spare time. I'm really waiting for DH to do something with that horrid bathroom. I always feel like I might catch something. I should post pictures on here. It's in the ugly cottage. I do have the shop sort of kind of working sort of... There are cabinets from 2 kitchens hogging a lot of the room though... :roll: And no they can't be used - someone could get hurt. :roll: and the light just doesn't shine on the bench... The lamp fell off... But it kind of sort of works maybe.
Old 09-28-2011, 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by Mornigstar
wouldn't work for me with ---JA #
thought I would let you know

Some of the Singer documents were lost. When I downloaded the charts, JA was not one of the charts there. Perhaps they were lost. (Or maybe I did something wrong... :roll: )
Old 09-28-2011, 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
A cool setup, this desk is free. They stated that the typewriter area was used for the sewing machine, but I think that area could be set up for iron and pad. And bottom shelf could hold fabrics.

Great deal free! I don't have room for it. If I had the basement, it would be down there holding my Singer 401A...but I don't have a basement. :(

Just a way to decorate a sewing room for almost nothing-this case the desk is free.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/zip/2620940681.html
That would be great! The desk is a good size for handling a quilt in the quilting process. Hmmm... My dad has one of these and I never thought to ask waht he plans to do with it. My luck my sister already has her name on it! :lol: