Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 09-17-2011, 08:16 AM

Can someone tell me if there is a darning foot for the 401A machines? I'd really like to use this one as my FMQ but a darning foot was not included in the "box". I'd sure buy one from someone, or if you know of a different foot to use. Any info?? Site?? Seller???
Old 09-17-2011, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by grayhare
I just thought this was so cute, just something about it, and the color! http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-DRES...item336bf6263a
Wow I have the twin to it. It is a very nice 15 clone. The cabinet is cool too. Mine came in a carrying case, at a consignment store for $5, since it was 80 percent off day.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-258144.jpe  
Old 09-17-2011, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
I just thought this was so cute, just something about it, and the color! http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-DRES...item336bf6263a
Very cute 15 clone! I am still looking for a red clone!

Nancy
I think you are going to have to paint one red. :-)
Old 09-17-2011, 09:18 AM

Necchi makes pink machines too that fit into Singer cabinets.
You could start a collection of pink machines!
Old 09-17-2011, 09:37 AM

Just for the record, if you have a hopping quilting foot(if that is what it is called), try it. WOW!! Was way easier than I thought, and hate I waited to use it. Did two baby quilts last night on Pfaff 230, and it liked it a lot.
Old 09-17-2011, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by melinda1962
Just for the record, if you have a hopping quilting foot(if that is what it is called), try it. WOW!! Was way easier than I thought, and hate I waited to use it. Did two baby quilts last night on Pfaff 230, and it liked it a lot.
Hopping foot or darning foot, they do make life easier! :wink:

Looking forward to seeing more of your finished quilts!
Old 09-17-2011, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by sew wishful
Can someone tell me if there is a darning foot for the 401A machines? I'd really like to use this one as my FMQ but a darning foot was not included in the "box". I'd sure buy one from someone, or if you know of a different foot to use. Any info?? Site?? Seller???
The 401 is a slant needle like the 301, right? I bought my FMQ foot from april1930sshoppe. It was a lttle expensive ($18.95 w/no shipping), but it works well. When AnnieRose and I went to a class at the LQS, which is also a Janome dealership, the instructor liked mine better than anything they sold.
Old 09-17-2011, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by melinda1962
Wow I have the twin to it. It is a very nice 15 clone. The cabinet is cool too. Mine came in a carrying case, at a consignment store for $5, since it was 80 percent off day.
I like your twin! It would be nice to have a room full of 15 clones.

:D
Old 09-17-2011, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by irishrose
The 401 is a slant needle like the 301, right? I bought my FMQ foot from april1930sshoppe. It was a lttle expensive ($18.95 w/no shipping), but it works well. When AnnieRose and I went to a class at the LQS, which is also a Janome dealership, the instructor liked mine better than anything they sold.
I tried my Janome darning foot (which does "hop"!!) but it doesn't fit it...because of the needle screw being too low. The little bar that makes it hop has to sit on top of the screw. I will contact april1930sshoppe. Thank you!!
Old 09-17-2011, 12:49 PM
Power Poster

[quote=sew wishful][quote=irishrose]
I just got a hopping sort of foot from sew classic for a 401. I got the cheaper plastic foot. I think I would be spending the money on the more expensive hopping foot.