Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 09-19-2011, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom
HELP!! I had posted this question but haven't seen any comments yet.

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom
Also, on the bobbin winder is a rim of what I think was leather (the part that would "feel" the bobbin). The leather (or whatever it was) is shot and I'll need to replace it. Is this an easy part to find and replace?
Also ... I now have the needle plate off and the bobbin case, but wondering how far do I disassemble the entire bobbin area? I don't think the user of the of the machine had EVER cleaned the bobbin area.
Yes, they are easy to find at a sewing center or somewhere they sell parts and pieces. We have a sewing center in town and I did have to rplace one - it was about $2. It does come off easily and go back on easily also. I hope this helps. My place recommended I bring in my machine so it could be eyeballed as to whether a small, medium, or large was needed. I hope this helps.
Old 09-19-2011, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by grayhare
Okay, I'm not very good at computers, but I figured something out; how to get the Singer serial registration numbers/information. I had saved the G series, here is the link http://www.singerco.com/uploads/asse...NGER_G_nos.pdf
Then just change the G to what ever series you are looking for (enter) it will pull it up. I tried the AA series and it worked. Let me know if it works for everyone. I hope it makes sense. :)
THANK YOU!!!!! So happy for this information.
Old 09-19-2011, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by chris_quilts
Okay, I'm not very good at computers, but I figured something out; how to get the Singer serial registration numbers/information. I had saved the G series, here is the link http://www.singerco.com/uploads/asse...NGER_G_nos.pdf
Then just change the G to what ever series you are looking for (enter) it will pull it up. I tried the AA series and it worked. Let me know if it works for everyone. I hope it makes sense. :)
THANK YOU!!!!! So happy for this information.
Thanks! Yes that helps. Now I can take the grody old thing off without having to worry if I can replace it.

Sue
Old 09-19-2011, 04:30 PM

[quote=deplaylady]
Originally Posted by vintagemotif

Bless you! I replaced the "G" with "AN" and it worked! Now I can find out the birthdate of my 603 - hopefully I will get some hope to get it to sew! (Yes, I know there are other machines - I have them.) This is another one to save in my pages!
You should save on your computer. If you open the pages, it should download onto your computer. You should have a record of it on your computer which you could then make into a file. That is what I just did. My son calls this inb4 4o4, or in before everything gets deleted. He came over to ask me what I was up to and chuckled at me quickly opening all the pages to save on my computer. That's when he told me the term, learned something new!

I found that some letters (A, C,E, T, W) wouldn't open. I can't remember if there had been information from them. And same with some double letters.

Just a heads up if you wish to save.
Old 09-19-2011, 05:34 PM

I'm just saving the PDF files as they are presented...
Old 09-19-2011, 05:50 PM

I'm glad it worked for everyone. So, does this mean that the information is still somewhere on the Singer web site? I have saved some of the files that I was interested in. Our there any that anyone would recommend I save?
Old 09-19-2011, 05:55 PM

AneMarie, save as many as you can, altho several of us are doing that right now...so we'll be able to help if you don't have the files!

For now, anyway, the files are still on the Singer website, they have just removed the links for them. You got us through!! :)

Our Heroine!!
Old 09-19-2011, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee
AneMarie, save as many as you can, altho several of us are doing that right now...so we'll be able to help if you don't have the files!

For now, anyway, the files are still on the Singer website, they have just removed the links for them. You got us through!! :)

Our Heroine!!
Yes, she is!!! I thank you again Anamarie for showing us this. I now have a fold of the files that I could download to my computer.

Hugs again!!!!:)
Old 09-19-2011, 06:27 PM

You should save on your computer. If you open the pages, it should download onto your computer. You should have a record of it on your computer which you could then make into a file. I found that some letters (A, C,E, T, W) wouldn't open. I can't remember if there had been information from them. And same with some double letters.Just a heads up if you wish to save.
I know that the A, C, and E records were lost and I think T & W also but your son's info is good to know. I will begin downloading them and saving to computer.
Old 09-19-2011, 06:40 PM

Thanks! :thumbup: Now I'm going to spend some time saving them to my computer just in case!