Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 10-10-2011, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by sammygirlqt
I have one more picture of the refinished cabinet with the clone installed.

The Singer 404 now becomes a portable and I found a little suitcase in WM that just molds the machine, has wheels and a handle and it is light enough I can carry it. I think I am done on the machines, I have 4 now.
~grin~ You're not done...you're just getting started!! :lol: I keep saying "I'm done" but as soon as I say it there's another machine wrapping itself around my leg begging me not to leave it behind!! ;)
Really nice!! You did a great job!
Old 10-10-2011, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by Janis
I can't wait to try her out. Now I need to come up with a name for her.... When I wrote that about wanting a 1945 FW, I never dreamed that I'd find one so quickly, if at all!! I don't do ebay or buying on line, I guess I'm what you call an 'old foggy' so I didn't think I'd ever find one. The happy dance is what I'm doing. It's finally sinking in.. But I had to promise my hubby that I wouldn't buy any more. He said that they'd have to be paying me to take them for me to get any more machines. I do have a 1939 FW, that I got in May, an old serger (yard sale) in June, and my 1928 99 in Aug., and now this one in Oct. I guess that's quite a few in a short amount of time!!
Hmmmm...since she's from your birth year, and that was such an important year to your mama, why not name it after her? :)
Old 10-10-2011, 08:39 PM

Sam, those are beautiful machines. The Fabric one us very pretty and looks great in the cabinet. The cabinet turned out beautiful!! I also like the treadle.
The 404 looks like the machine my mother had last. I didn't want it when she died as it was a cabinet model, which I didn't have room for, and took her little Sears portable as it had a knit stitch, which was of more interest at the time. ( I was sewing clothing at the time, years ago... I've since given it to my brother as it weighs a ton. He bought my mother's home and rented it out. When a renter moved out, the Singer went somewhere else. He doesn't know who took it. I'd like to have it now. But oh well, I like what I have now.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:44 PM

Hmmmm...since she's from your birth year, and that was such an important year to your mama, why not name it after her? :)[/quote]

Her name was Novia, which isn't a cute name for a machine.
My other Fw is Lilly and my 99 is Tillie, after a special Aunt.
I could continue the rhyming names... but I don't think I really want to do that.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:46 PM

Hmmmm...since she's from your birth year, and that was such an important year to your mama, why not name it after her? :)
Her name was Novia, which isn't a cute name for a machine.
My other Fw is Lilly and my 99 is Tillie, after a special Aunt.
I could continue the rhyming names... but I don't think I really want to do that.[/quote]

You mean like "Millie"? :) ;)

I think Novia is a beautiful name... "Novie" or "Nova" for short...
Old 10-10-2011, 08:54 PM

I'll have to see what she wants to be called. I had originally wanted to name my other FW Lila after a neighbor woman when I was growing up. Then I named the 99 Tillie, and later when I was using the FW, she told me she really wanted Lilly. Lila was too serious a name for her. She lives in a rolling yarn tote from Michaels that is hot pink inside, so she needed a more playful name. Maybe my serger can be Lila as that's a more serious and practical type of machine.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:55 PM

I can't wait to try her out. Now I need to come up with a name for her.... When I wrote that about wanting a 1945 FW, I never dreamed that I'd find one so quickly, if at all!! I don't do ebay or buying on line, I guess I'm what you call an 'old foggy' so I didn't think I'd ever find one. The happy dance is what I'm doing. It's finally sinking in.. But I had to promise my hubby that I wouldn't buy any more. He said that they'd have to be paying me to take them for me to get any more machines. I do have a 1939 FW, that I got in May, an old serger (yard sale) in June, and my 1928 99 in Aug., and now this one in Oct. I guess that's quite a few in a short amount of time!!
LOL! I think you are doing great for being an old "foggy". There are no keepers of my treasures in the future so I don't know where they might end up.
Old 10-10-2011, 09:13 PM

I'll have to see what she wants to be called. I had originally wanted to name my other FW Lila after a neighbor woman when I was growing up. Then I named the 99 Tillie, and later when I was using the FW, she told me she really wanted Lilly. Lila was too serious a name for her. She lives in a rolling yarn tote from Michaels that is hot pink inside, so she needed a more playful name. Maybe my serger can be Lila as that's a more serious and practical type of machine.
They DO tend to "talk" to us, don't they? :)
Old 10-10-2011, 09:30 PM

None of my other machines have talked to me like these vintage machines. Maybe because they have a lot more plastic in them and aren't a pretty. They just don't hold a candle to the vintage in beauty.
My eyelids are getting heavy, I think it's getting bed time for me.
Old 10-11-2011, 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by grayhare
I just received this beautiful pink machine. It is a really beautiful shade of pink. The paint got scraped to the metal in two areas. It had a long journey. What can, or should I do if anything? Thank you for your advice.
Anamaria, I love your new 15 clone! That one drops its feed dogs so it will be a great quilting machine!

Nancy
Thank you Nancy, I just got her, and don't know anything about her. I just fell in love with the color and the style. Any information you can share would be greatly appreciated.

Anamaria