Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 09-30-2011, 01:43 PM

I am up to 22 sewing machines with one not working. I gave my sister-in-law my Janome 10,000 yesterday. Today I came home with a message on my voice mail from a friend. She bought me another sewing machine. She got it at a thrift store for $15. It is an Adler. The attachment box has writting in German on it. Luckly the manual is in English. The serial number is 62958. I called Adler and was told that Adler does not keep records of any of their machines. I checked out the internet and could not find anything. Can anyone tell me about this sewing machine? Hopfully Nancy will post pictures of it for me :lol: . Kathie
Old 09-30-2011, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
Ok, I need some help identifying a machine. Anyone familiar with Morse sewing machines? Got an email from my nephew asking what this machine is & if I know of anyone interested in it. Told him I would ask & see what you folks had to say. If anyone can help me with model, serial #, value, etc., I would greatly appreciate it.
It's a Morse Super Dial.
http://www.sewusa.com/Threading_Diag...ng_diagram.htm
Old 09-30-2011, 02:02 PM

Charlee the cabinet for the Davis looks very good. What a great job you and William did. Did you have any trouble with the shellac?

Glenn
Old 09-30-2011, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
Ok, I need some help identifying a machine. Anyone familiar with Morse sewing machines? Got an email from my nephew asking what this machine is & if I know of anyone interested in it. Told him I would ask & see what you folks had to say. If anyone can help me with model, serial #, value, etc., I would greatly appreciate it.
It's a Morse Super Dial.
http://www.sewusa.com/Threading_Diag...ng_diagram.htm
Thank you! Now that I have at least a model name I'll do some searching for more info on it. :)
Old 09-30-2011, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Glenn
Charlee the cabinet for the Davis looks very good. What a great job you and William did. Did you have any trouble with the shellac?

Glenn
No Skip, thanks to you, I didn't! :) Thanks for the compliment, that means a LOT coming from you!! :) It was a lot of fun, but did you see those grundgy rags???
Old 09-30-2011, 03:21 PM

Too bad I'm the only one up here. Look at the condition of this one. http://nmi.craigslist.org/atq/2591322469.html
Old 09-30-2011, 03:23 PM

That's a NICE machine Rose!! :) VERY nice!
Old 09-30-2011, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose
Too bad I'm the only one up here. Look at the condition of this one. http://nmi.craigslist.org/atq/2591322469.html
Wow, that is really nice!
Old 09-30-2011, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee
Originally Posted by Glenn

Glenn
No Skip, thanks to you, I didn't! :) Thanks for the compliment, that means a LOT coming from you!! :) It was a lot of fun, but did you see those grundgy rags???
Didn't I tell you there will be lots of dirty rags. :lol: It is a messy project for sure but you did great!
Glenn
Old 09-30-2011, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee
Here she is!! More pics will be on my blog (second link, not the Dear Jane link) in about an hour!! :)
Charlee, Absolutely Stunning!!