Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 01-01-2012, 03:47 AM

A very happy New Year to all on board! We celebrated our family Christmas yesterday and guess what one of the DD brought to me (very much to my DH's dismay)! An American treadle coffin top! The cabinet was a bit rough but SIL shored it up! A metal box in one of the drawers is filled with attachments! It has it's shuttle bobbin, and a new belt that I have to put on it. I'm thrilled. Now the big chore is getting DH to feel the same way about it! Or at least willing to share some space!! Could be a long year at our house! LOL!
Old 01-01-2012, 07:11 AM
Power Poster

Muv sent a new video!!!!! Enjoy
http://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage...ml#post4830136
Old 01-01-2012, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
Happy New Year to all VSMS members and may you have a great year...
And A Happy New Year to you and all!
Old 01-01-2012, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny View Post
I actually like this one, and would probably use it. . . .
Yup! I like this one too. Now I need to find the basement for my studio.
Old 01-01-2012, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by irishrose View Post
Ah, Miz Johnny, my thread never tangles, but on a 301 the bobbin runs out often when FMQ. Happy New Year to y'all.

AnnieRose's (301) latest - 1000 yards of thread and not one bird's nest or stitching issue. She may not be a pretty treadle, but she knows how to sew. BTW, the blue and gold were high school colors. I didn't just pull fabric from my stash. My son was pleased.
Irishrose, That is a very nice quilt!
Old 01-01-2012, 12:33 PM

Thank you. It fun to do because the blocks all mean something. He is an outdoorsman, who played sports, was in the USMC and now travels for work - hence the Tradewinds blocks. The back has a USMC symbol and his daughter's pictures. There is a stone print in some of the flying geese because he was a stonemason, too.
Old 01-01-2012, 02:58 PM

Beginning the year as I intend to go on?? Went to an auction today, pulled out a ten and rescued another poor sewing machine that is definitely "barn fresh." Cabinet needs a lot of work. I'm thinking the veneer is so torn up and gouged, it might not be worth saving. Looks to be oak underneath. Machine needs a new plug, possibly a foot pedal, and a bobbin cover, but the 99s are just too stinkin' cute to pass up! Funny the cabinets seem to be hard to find, but this is the 3rd one in 6 months I've had.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]299467[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails before.jpg  
Old 01-01-2012, 03:02 PM
Power Poster

Tonight, I'm swapping a 66 and a Spartan out of their cabinets and re-arranging a few parts. The 66 gets the bentwood case and a hand crank and the top hat clutch holder thingy off the Spartan. The Spartan goes in the 66 case and waits for top hat looking part and gets better wires & motor. I'm taking the 66 camping.
Old 01-01-2012, 03:03 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
Beginning the year as I intend to go on?? Went to an auction today, pulled out a ten and rescued another poor sewing machine that is definitely "barn fresh." Cabinet needs a lot of work. I'm thinking the veneer is so torn up and gouged, it might not be worth saving. Looks to be oak underneath. Machine needs a new plug, possibly a foot pedal, and a bobbin cover, but the 99s are just too stinkin' cute to pass up! Funny the cabinets seem to be hard to find, but this is the 3rd one in 6 months I've had.
You might just want to make that cabinet work some how - those babies dance all over the table if they aren't nailed down. Sew-classic has the slide plate
Old 01-01-2012, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
You might just want to make that cabinet work some how - those babies dance all over the table if they aren't nailed down. Sew-classic has the slide plate
The cabinet is definitely a keeper--just not sure if the veneer is. Either way, it's going to take some work. Plus, I like the style better than the other 3/4 cabinet I have hanging around waiting to be worked on. I also checked Sew Classic before I bid for the cover plate. Y'all are good teachers!