Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 12-29-2011, 09:48 AM

I thought it was an old fashioned computer mouse inadvertently attached to a sewing machine and trying to escape/
Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
Let's play a game. It's called "What is it?" from tantalizing CL pictures.
http://wichitafalls.craigslist.org/atq/2769906381.html
Old 12-29-2011, 09:48 AM

When asked the model or for another picture with the machine itself, the seller said she thought it was a Singer. I had already figured that from the cabinet style and the poor dangling 2-button foot controller.
Bennett, The very first vintage machine I purchased came in a cabinet like this. The machine that came with the cabinet is a Singer 15-91. My daughter now owns the machine and cabinet.

My guess is a Singer 15-91.
Old 12-29-2011, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Mizkaki View Post
Nancy,

I just gave your husband the extra hinges. I'm crossing my fingers that one combo works.

"fix that 28 with blunt force" Let us call that gentle persuasion. I was actually just opening up the thread embrasure.
It was so tight that the thread popped through it, therefore giving the thread a momentary super high tension and causing the upper thread to bunch up on the bottom (AKA thread barf). I hope that was clearer that mud.

Cathy
" aka thread barf" I love the terminology!
Old 12-29-2011, 10:02 AM

Nancy, What type of sewing projects do you have going with the grandkids? A pillowcase project, pot holders?
I wish my son would take a greater interest in sewing. My daughter loves to sew and create her own patterns.
She will inherit all my vintage e-machines.
Old 12-29-2011, 10:09 AM

Default My New Home A-1 (For Texas Jan)

Attempting to upload some photos of my New Home for Texas Jan. The bed decal on this one is actually pretty good, so took a close up. It was actually that bed decal that caused me to go over budget on this one!! (I know, I know; but there's no reasoning with a collector.)
Attached Thumbnails p1011496-2-.jpg   p1011500-2-.jpg   p1011501-2-.jpg  
Old 12-29-2011, 10:15 AM

When asked the model or for another picture with the machine itself, the seller said she thought it was a Singer. I had already figured that from the cabinet style and the poor dangling 2-button foot controller.
I have a 66 from 1956 in a similar cabinet (mine is darker), so that is my guess.
Old 12-29-2011, 10:27 AM

Miz Johnny,

What cool decals on the New Home. WOW!! Can you guess I love it?

Cathy

Last edited by Mizkaki; 12-29-2011 at 10:29 AM. Reason: spelling mistake
Old 12-29-2011, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
Nancy, What type of sewing projects do you have going with the grandkids? A pillowcase project, pot holders?
I wish my son would take a greater interest in sewing. My daughter loves to sew and create her own patterns.
She will inherit all my vintage e-machines.
Monica, you remember all the sewing projects the kids have done? They all made a lap sized quilt, placemats using their hands for the moose head and antlers, oak leaf bowls out of felt to hold nuts, quilted bags for their 'stuff,' reverse applique pillow covers, pillow cases, and we tore apart T-shirts to make into skirts and sleeveless tank tops, I am running out of ideas! Anyway, this time we have been hiking/running 2 miles everyday. The 3 year old and I ride the quad! One of the kids rides her horse, the rest run! Their parents are really animate about them getting enough exercise - they don't get to watch TV/I-pods all day! I made a breakfast this morning with 18 eggs! Anyway, I am tired but loving it. The kids are growing up. There are two 16 year olds, two 14 year olds, one 13, one 12, one 9, and the 3 year old. Grampa left for a few hours today - Hummmm I wonder why?

Nancy
Old 12-29-2011, 11:25 AM

Miz Johnny, The bed decal is still gorgeous. So much detail went into making that drawing.
I'm assuming that the decals were hand painted.
Old 12-29-2011, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Monica, you remember all the sewing projects the kids have done? They all made a lap sized quilt, placemats using their hands for the moose head and antlers, oak leaf bowls out of felt to hold nuts, quilted bags for their 'stuff,' reverse applique pillow covers, pillow cases, and we tore apart T-shirts to make into skirts and sleeveless tank tops, I am running out of ideas! Anyway, this time we have been hiking/running 2 miles everyday. The 3 year old and I ride the quad! One of the kids rides her horse, the rest run! Their parents are really animate about them getting enough exercise - they don't get to watch TV/I-pods all day! I made a breakfast this morning with 18 eggs! Anyway, I am tired but loving it. The kids are growing up. There are two 16 year olds, two 14 year olds, one 13, one 12, one 9, and the 3 year old. Grampa left for a few hours today - Hummmm I wonder why?

Nancy
Nancy, You don't look old enough to have two 16 year old grandkids. I do remember those very cute moose heads, which is why I'm asking about this year's project. You could make the large potholder or clothe trivets that I made. I found the ironing board fabric at JoAnn's. I sent some to my mom for Christmas gift. She stated that one nevers have enough trivets for the hot pots and plates during the holiday gatherings. 18 eggs! Do you have hens too? That may be a stupid question since you have acreage and a farm. I could have hens where I live, but my dog would go nuts and eat them. Hope those hinge pins work for you! You are very fortunate to have your mother's Pfaff, beautiful machine.