Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 09-30-2011, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by jljack
Originally Posted by melinda1962
Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Originally Posted by Candace
O.K....is this a 99 with a Godzilla finish? If not, what is it? What would you pay?
Candace,

Cute machine! Looks to be a Singer 99 with the Godzilla finish.
No more than $100.
I lightened the picture and it has the double slide plate, so I am thinking 128 Blackside, Godzilla finish. There have been some on Goodwill, and I actually have one. Prices vary according to location, as usual.
I recently got a 128 Blackside from Quintncowgirl, and she sold it to me for what she bought it for...$30!! And it's in GREAT condition.
:mrgreen: That's what enabling friends are for! Plus - don't forget that you were doing some marvelous quilting for me!
Old 09-30-2011, 09:32 AM

Ok, now I'm curious. What's the difference between blackside and godzilla finish? Is any of it the same as a crinkle finish?

And did accessories come in blackside? I've got a few that are black, not shiny silver.
Old 09-30-2011, 09:34 AM

OK - Need some help with my Deluxe Sew Ezy 15 clone I just got. Here's a pic of the tension unit (not my actual machine, but a pic I found online that is identical). The spring on mine is way too long, and protrudes into the center of the face plate. The thread coming down from the uptake arm to the thread guide at the needle bar keeps getting tangled with the spring. I took the tension unit apart trying to find out how the spring is in there, but it's attached somehow...I couldn't see how, and I couldn't find a way to turn it or otherwise change it's orientation to the tensioner.

Anyone have any suggestions? I couldn't sew with it like this.

Second issue - My 15 manual says that the needle goes in flat side to the right and threads from right to left. But this machine won't pick up the bobbin thread if I thread it like that. So I turned it around - flat side to left, threaded left to right, and it worked, but skipping stitches. Anyone know which way is correct? Do I have it all wrong??
Attached Thumbnails attachment-264429.jpe  
Old 09-30-2011, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by MrsBoats
Ok, now I'm curious. What's the difference between blackside and godzilla finish? Is any of it the same as a crinkle finish?

And did accessories come in blackside? I've got a few that are black, not shiny silver.
Blackside is simply black. Godzilla is the crinkle finish. Attachments did come in the blackside...but I've only seen a few of them...
Old 09-30-2011, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
Ok, I need some help identifying a machine. Anyone familiar with Morse sewing machines? Got an email from my nephew asking what this machine is & if I know of anyone interested in it. Told him I would ask & see what you folks had to say. If anyone can help me with model, serial #, value, etc., I would greatly appreciate it.
The model # and serial # are located on the machine if you look....

They sell in my area for $20-$50. I paid $20 for my pink Morse.
Old 09-30-2011, 09:43 AM

Congratulations on 900 pages, Billy!! We love hanging out here to find information on our machines. My new hobby-ette is my 4 vintage machines.

Elna Supermatic - have not gone through it yet.
Singer 301a - love it and am sewing on it
Singer 99-13 - haven't touched it yet...hope to make it a hand crank.
Western Electric - just arrived, had to fix case after shipping damage. Seller said she has been sewing on it daily, and I believe it from how it looks. Will try it this coming weekend.

You all are an inspiration to me. Now I have to stop buying machines for a while, and just play with my 4. My DH about KILLED me when the Western showed up yesterday!! "Another machine??? Good thing it's pretty!"

LOL
Hey Janice - remember this post? So how many are you up to now? And is the DH on board yet? LOL
Old 09-30-2011, 09:48 AM

I paid $35 for my godzilla finished 128 with a bentwood case.

Karen, my 1928 Leader is a very small treadle as is my 1904 Ruby.

128 is 3/4 size, so you can see how small the Leader is
[ATTACH=CONFIG]264492[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-264439.jpe  
Old 09-30-2011, 10:15 AM

hiya...just got this from my great aunt...she cant see to sew anymore...everything still moves smoothly...just needs a good cleaning...

gotta go study the tutorial lol

im only on page 66 trying to catch up on all the goodies i missed...but now ive got the bug since i just bought a FW...waiting on it to arrive...

what machine is this and where can i locate the serial #...my great aunt is 96 years old but i dont know exactly when she bought it and she doesnt remember...

TIA

oops..sorry...the last two i forgot to rotate...lol
Attached Thumbnails attachment-264436.jpe   attachment-264437.jpe   attachment-264438.jpe  
Old 09-30-2011, 10:49 AM

OK - Need some help with my Deluxe Sew Ezy 15 clone I just got. Here's a pic of the tension unit (not my actual machine, but a pic I found online that is identical). The spring on mine is way too long, and protrudes into the center of the face plate. The thread coming down from the uptake arm to the thread guide at the needle bar keeps getting tangled with the spring. I took the tension unit apart trying to find out how the spring is in there, but it's attached somehow...I couldn't see how, and I couldn't find a way to turn it or otherwise change it's orientation to the tensioner.

Anyone have any suggestions? I couldn't sew with it like this.

Second issue - My 15 manual says that the needle goes in flat side to the right and threads from right to left. But this machine won't pick up the bobbin thread if I thread it like that. So I turned it around - flat side to left, threaded left to right, and it worked, but skipping stitches. Anyone know which way is correct? Do I have it all wrong??
Hope this helps!
http://www.tfsr.org/publications/tec...achine_manual/

Under Section 2: Refurbishing.
Click tension mechanism, scroll down to page 8 (upper tension mechanism 15K model). Lots of pictures that could be of help to you.

Send an email to Cathy; I bet she has a spring for that.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by irishrose
I paid $35 for my godzilla finished 128 with a bentwood case.

Karen, my 1928 Leader is a very small treadle as is my 1904 Ruby.
Sweet looking Leader!!!