Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 11-22-2011, 07:26 AM
Power Poster

Hey Glen! What do you know about the little pin (looks like a nail with a pinched off end) that goes inside of a tension shaft? What direction does it go? I've looked at pics and can't seem to wrap my brain around it. I'm trying to cobble a tension together for an orphaned 15 clone.
Old 11-22-2011, 07:30 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by mpeters1200 View Post
Wowza..body bags? Not a topic I thought would come up in VSMS. That is really cool. I bet it does add ambience around Halloween. Totally cool!

I had to increase my bid a bit on the the 15, but I can't increase it anymore. If I get outbid again, it was just not meant to be.

I was looking through my bookmarks and can't find the site where you can enter your serial number and it tells you what year your machine is. Can someone post a link to it?

Thanks.

~M~
You need to get pointers from from Melinda for the bidding - she's good!!!! She's helped me pick up some on GW! 15s come up regularly so don't panic.
Old 11-22-2011, 07:31 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]290049[/ATTACH]Well I have done it again. Found a Brunswick (cheap) wasting away in an antique store. National badged it for Monkey Wards around 1890-1900. The decals are in good shape but the cabinet is in rough shape. Here are the before pics. I just have to find a manual for it.[ATTACH=CONFIG]290047[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]290047[/ATTACH]
Glen you might have to re-size the pics. Maybe Charlee can help you with that.
Old 11-22-2011, 07:34 AM

I am doing this now
Old 11-22-2011, 07:43 AM

I am doing this now
Ok lets see if this works. Brunswick, National badged for Monkey Wards 1890-1900
Attached Thumbnails cigar-box-049.jpg   cigar-box-054.jpg  
Old 11-22-2011, 07:47 AM

Default Brunswick

This is another view of the machine.
Attached Thumbnails cigar-box-046.jpg  
Old 11-22-2011, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
Hey Glen! What do you know about the little pin (looks like a nail with a pinched off end) that goes inside of a tension shaft? What direction does it go? I've looked at pics and can't seem to wrap my brain around it. I'm trying to cobble a tension together for an orphaned 15 clone.
I think is installled from inside the front cover. It goes behind the arm so it can push in to release tension on the disk If I remember right.
Old 11-22-2011, 08:33 AM

As I'm just starting my journey on vintage machines, I'm really appreciating the detail in the decals. Some of them are just beautiful!
Old 11-22-2011, 08:36 AM

Ok lets see if this works. Brunswick, National badged for Monkey Wards 1890-1900
Really a nice machine and cabinet Glenn. Can't wait to see it all fixed and pretty !!

Texas Jan
Old 11-22-2011, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
Nobody gave me 60 spankings - but I had a lot of phone calls, and LOTS of wishes. I love the wishes- thank you. My son and I spent the day together reconnecting. We went on a road trip and had lunch. It was a very good day. I was hoping my DD would have her baby but she let me down.... LOL My Dad has his 87th on Thanksgiving so maybe.... He's been lobbying for it... She isn't due for another 2 weeks or so anyway. I guess the only gift I got was a body bag from my BFF... I've been thinking about quilting or decorating it up. Why not green burial. But then again the straps might rot before I desperately need it. I sure would hate for the straps to fall off when somebody picks it up with my remains in it... BFF's DH got a bunch from work. Don't ask me.... It was being pitched... I wonder what all that nice fabric could be used for. It is a very heavy nylon. BFF says I would think up something to do with the fabric. (I have two bags) Maybe we can cut the poison ivy/sumac off to the ground and cover the ground with bag parts... I would need more bags though. With my luck those weeds would grow back around the bag 4 times as many....
To get rid of the poison weeds pour diesel fuel on them....that stuff kills any plant!! That is, if you are OK with a spot of ground that won't grow anything for about 10 years. Just a little should do it. And don't any of your environmentalists hiss at me!! This is an emergency deal just for Miriam!!