Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 08-06-2012, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by purplefiend View Post
Cindy Peters has to come to my rescue, she'll be sending me a 7' belt, she said I may have an industrial type treadle like her 130 Pfaff has.
Sharon
I'm glad you got the help you needed with your belt.
Old 08-06-2012, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by melinda1962 View Post
OMG!! A red Bel Air on shop goodwill. http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem...temID=11158125 I know we had the discussion of tell or don't tell, but wow, if someone is hunting red. Looks similar to sewmore, with the indentation for the thread and the badges. Cute!!
Wow that's a gorgeous red machine!
Old 08-06-2012, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Candace View Post
Actually, if you had a white on yours...it was probably aluminum rot. Which is not a good thing. I hope you got all of that off of it by sanding because it comes back under the paint and eats away the aluminum. My long bed 301 had a touch of that that I had to remove some of the paint to get to. I used my Dremmel on it and carefully monitored it to make sure I had gotten it all off.
I had white oxidation also on a featherweight...I scrapped off all loose paint and then oiled the daylights out of it!! Thought that would at least stop the oxidation for a bit....so now you think I should dremmel it to clean it all off? Don't really plan on a repaint on it. It's only about 1/4 - 1/2" from the bottom of the base upward.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:51 PM

That red machine is gorgeous. Now I want a red or a pink machine. When does it stop? I think I want pink more than red.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by sew wishful View Post
I had white oxidation also on a featherweight...I scrapped off all loose paint and then oiled the daylights out of it!! Thought that would at least stop the oxidation for a bit....so now you think I should dremmel it to clean it all off? Don't really plan on a repaint on it. It's only about 1/4 - 1/2" from the bottom of the base upward.
If it's rot, then yes! Get rid of it Randa... it will only continue it's evil work on the body of your machine!
Old 08-06-2012, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
The aquarium tubing works pretty good. I'm running my 9W-7 #1 with it right now:

Pull it around and cut it where it would meet up. Then cut 1" off that to use as a coupler. To make the coupler slit the one inch piece length wise, roll it up tight and put it in one end then the other.
It's cheep too.

Joe
Yep, I can vouch for this method!! We have it on my New Glenwood, and although the machine won't sew, that tubing turns it just great!! My DH still chuckles at it.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:31 PM

Sharon, Your new Pfaff in treadle look SWEET! I like the look of the cabinet and treadle. Enjoy and happy treadling!
Old 08-07-2012, 01:44 AM

If someone on here gets the red machine, please post better pics of it. I have already bid as deep as my pockets would go and been outbid, when I factor in shipping. I will just have to wait, but there is a red machine out there somewhere waiting for me.
Old 08-07-2012, 03:03 AM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
Joe, Your Singer 9W looks pretty. Glad you got the aquarium hose to work. Directions are as simple as that!
And yes, the tubing is cheap.
Unfortunately the camera flash makes it look much better than it is. The decals have silvered a lot and are missing in places. But somehow the camera really brings out what's there.

The tubing worked on the treadle, but not the portable I tried. So it won't work on everything.

Joe
Old 08-07-2012, 03:03 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by melinda1962 View Post
If someone on here gets the red machine, please post better pics of it. I have already bid as deep as my pockets would go and been outbid, when I factor in shipping. I will just have to wait, but there is a red machine out there somewhere waiting for me.
That red machine is a very nice machine IMHO. Very nice straight stitch machine.