Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 09-16-2013, 12:07 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by manicmike View Post
Hmm... I feel drawn to it. Not the least reason is that I collected the Rocketeer comics as a kid (they cost a lot less but this looks waaaay more fun) ;-)

Is it worth $60?
YES - go steal that machine before someone beats you to it. If it isn't all there offer less $$$$$$$ all they can do is say no and you can give them the full price which it IS well worth.
Old 09-16-2013, 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
YES - go steal that machine before someone beats you to it. If it isn't all there offer less $$$$$$$ all they can do is say no and you can give them the full price which it IS well worth.
Thanks Miriam. You're always good for sensible buying advice

I contacted the seller today because she described an aluminium 201k (the one that looks like my tan coloured one) she's selling as "sexy". Literally laughed out loud and felt it necessary to let her know that I liked her style. I'll let you know tomorrow if I win it.
Old 09-16-2013, 04:03 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by manicmike View Post
Thanks Miriam. You're always good for sensible buying advice

I contacted the seller today because she described an aluminium 201k (the one that looks like my tan coloured one) she's selling as "sexy". Literally laughed out loud and felt it necessary to let her know that I liked her style. I'll let you know tomorrow if I win it.
I hope you do - you will LOVE it.
Old 09-16-2013, 05:17 AM

Someone set me straight if I am wrong, but only the 500 series are called "rocketeers?" The 400 series are not shaped like the rocketeer's, at least that is what I remember being told ages ago because I use to refer to my 401's as Rocketeer's - I was chastised for that!

Anyway, Mike whether or not that machine is a rocketeer, it is still a great machine. I have some of the 500's and 400's and I love them both! I can't resist either if I come across one for a decent price!

Miriam, I am so jealous of all the fun you guys are having with Skip and Pat! Geeze, girl you have accumulated a lot of machines!
Nancy

Last edited by BoJangles; 09-16-2013 at 05:19 AM.
Old 09-16-2013, 05:23 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Someone set me straight if I am wrong, but only the 500 series are called "rocketeers?" The 400 series are not shaped like the rocketeer's, at least that is what I remember being told ages ago because I use to refer to my 401's as Rocketeer's - I was chastised for that!

Anyway, Mike whether or not that machine is a rocketeer, it is still a great machine. I have some of the 500's and 400's and I love them both! I can't resist either if I come across one for a decent price!

Miriam, I am so jealous of all the fun you guys are having with Skip and Pat! Geeze, girl you have accumulated a lot of machines!
Nancy
you are right about the 500 is the Rocketeer.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:21 AM

Miriam,

What is tomorrows color?

CAUTION
NEVER LET A SEWING MACHINE
KNOW YOU ARE IN A HURRY

Joe
Old 09-16-2013, 08:34 AM

I just got one of these machines and know nothing about it except it is in great shape. I also would like to know how to thread this machine and is there availability of an instruction book? It has many attachments. I like to quilt but need to learn a lot. Thanks
Old 09-16-2013, 08:42 AM

I am looking for a front slideplate for a Queen. It is 2 13/16" X 1 3/16". Does anyone have one to sell?
~G~
Old 09-16-2013, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by grant15clone View Post
I am looking for a front slideplate for a Queen. It is 2 13/16" X 1 3/16". Does anyone have one to sell?
~G~
I have a tiara. Does that help??
Sorry for this but too much caffeine and never enough sleep lately.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
That is a great read!!! Thanks for sharing it.