Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 12-13-2013, 05:28 PM

Nancy, Glad to read that you still have your mom's machine. You still have more machines then I ever will!
Old 12-13-2013, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Hello everyone! Sharon, Purplefiend, don't you have a Pfaff 60? I just gave my Pfaff 60 to a lady who helps with a rescue home for girls in Mexico. She will be taking the Pfaff 60 along with a couple other machines I gave them to Mexico in February. I forgot to give them bobbins and I think, if I remember correctly, that the 60 was the only Pfaff I had that does not use Pfaff bobbins, instead it takes class 15 bobbins? I need to get a bunch of bobbins together for them! Do any of you know the answer to my question if Sharon doesn't see this! I want these girls to be able to use the machines!

Thank you
Nancy
It uses a class 15 bobbin, but the hole is larger and it also must have a little notch in the bobbin to fit on the bobbin winder or it won't work. I got them from my Pfaff dealer, they were in a batch of generic Bernina bobbins. My machine only came with 1 bobbin or I'd have never figured out why the bobbin winder wasn't working properly.
Sharon
Old 12-13-2013, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher View Post
Nancy, that is a very nice thing donating those machines. I hope they will be able to use them for a long time.
Trish, the machines I donated will outlast the girl's in the home! They are all metal 50's machines - well made as you know. Those machines will be great for the girl's to learn on - they really can't hurt them! Those girls are as young as 5 - sickening! I am just worrying about the machines getting to their destination - they are extremely heavy!

Nancy
Old 12-13-2013, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by purplefiend View Post
It uses a class 15 bobbin, but the hole is larger and it also must have a little notch in the bobbin to fit on the bobbin winder or it won't work. I got them from my Pfaff dealer, they were in a batch of generic Bernina bobbins. My machine only came with 1 bobbin or I'd have never figured out why the bobbin winder wasn't working properly.
Sharon
Thank you so much Sharon! I thought I remembered that the 60 was the only Pfaff I had that did not use a regular Pfaff bobbin! I thought it was that machine because I remember that it blew my mind when I had to use a class 15 bobbin on a Pfaff! Now, I can get a bunch of class 15 bobbins together and they will work on all 3 machines! I will make sure I get the bobbins with the notches for the Girls Home!

Nancy
Old 12-13-2013, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
Nancy, Glad to read that you still have your mom's machine. You still have more machines then I ever will!
Well, finding a really great cause helps when rehoming vintage machines! Now, I want to go out and find some more machines I can clean up, put new belts on, fix whatever needs fixing, get to play with - then send a clean, happy machine somewhere to start a second life! What could be more fun than that!!!!

Nancy
Old 12-13-2013, 09:36 PM
Power Poster

Nancy you are as hopelessly addicted as the rest of us and still not taking a pledge...
Old 12-14-2013, 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
Nancy you are as hopelessly addicted as the rest of us and still not taking a pledge...
Yes, I am but I feel empowered now that I can tell DH there is a reason I have to go machine hunting!

Nancy
Old 12-14-2013, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Thank you so much Sharon! I thought I remembered that the 60 was the only Pfaff I had that did not use a regular Pfaff bobbin! I thought it was that machine because I remember that it blew my mind when I had to use a class 15 bobbin on a Pfaff! Now, I can get a bunch of class 15 bobbins together and they will work on all 3 machines! I will make sure I get the bobbins with the notches for the Girls Home!

Nancy
Buenos notches?

Jim
Old 12-15-2013, 05:45 PM

I am an avid sewer and just more recently a quilter. I have a few more modern SM but am coveting an older Singer. A Scotland made one preferably.The 66 or smaller 99 maybe. I wonder just how heavy are the larger models. Can I ( 66 year old ) carry one?. Maybe even a hand crank 201. I started sewing 50 years ago in school w/ an old Black Singer.
All suggestions welcome.

Last edited by ukdame; 12-15-2013 at 05:48 PM.
Old 12-15-2013, 05:51 PM

I am an avid sewer and just more recently a quilter. I have a few more modern SM but am coveting an older Singer. A Scotland made one preferably.The 66 or smaller 99 maybe. I wonder just how heavy are the larger models. Can I ( 66 year old ) carry one?. Maybe even a hand crank 201. All suggestions welcome.