Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 07-31-2014, 02:35 AM

THX. Luckily, I didn't remove the horizontal arm shaft. The puzzle pieces are the needle bar, presser foot, bobbin winder, tensioner, and flywheel. Reassembly of the parts look doable with the help of your references and the MUV cleaning/oiling YouTube video--only thing MUV tutorial doesn't address is needle bar.

Maybe 128 will be back in business after this weekend. Fingers crossed.
Old 07-31-2014, 02:52 AM
Power Poster

The needle bar and presser foot will take some adjustment. Maybe the manuals will be some help. Dig through Rain's blog, he has the best info on the flywheel. Keep us posted.
Old 07-31-2014, 04:12 AM

Shearling, are you anywhere near me? I am in the Chicago suburbs.
~Grant~
Old 07-31-2014, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by grant15clone View Post
Shearling, are you anywhere near me? I am in the Chicago suburbs.
~Grant~
No, east coast. I'm pretty sure I can get this little 128 back together, and then use the adjustments manual to make it purr. I did bag up and label each unit as I dismantled the machine, and discovered I have taped all the tensioner parts to an envelope in the order and orientation necessary to reassemble. But I noticed that I have not yet polished the metal parts, so that's what I will do first.

Can't quite remember why this process was interrupted some time ago, but I'm in gear now! Thanks everyone.
Old 07-31-2014, 07:04 AM

You were smart to bag assemblies separate. If you have a leftover part it narrows down the search as to where it goes quite a bit.
~Grant~
Old 07-31-2014, 07:10 AM

In other news, I have some really great friends down in Georgia that saw a Feldman SM in a shop down there a while back and sent me a pic. I told them that I liked it. Well, yesterday they went there and bought it for me and it should be here Sat. Really great friends. I am very excited about this project. It is missing a couple of things but I like a challenge.
~G~
[ATTACH=CONFIG]485740[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails feldman1.jpg  
Old 07-31-2014, 07:28 AM
Banned

Now that is cool. I can't wait to see the restore/cleanup thread for this one!
Old 07-31-2014, 07:41 AM

That one is way beyond my abilities. The area below the needle is interesting. Does it clamp onto a table?

Just want to add that that Grant, I went to your Facebook page for Sew Restored and if you ever get the urge to teach classes, they'd be very popular. You do some amazing stuff.

Last edited by KenmoreRulesAll; 07-31-2014 at 07:48 AM.
Old 07-31-2014, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by KenmoreRulesAll View Post
That one is way beyond my abilities. The area below the needle is interesting. Does it clamp onto a table?

Just want to add that that Grant, I went to your Facebook page for Sew Restored and if you ever get the urge to teach classes, they'd be very popular. You do some amazing stuff.
Me too Steve. LOL.
Kenmorerulesall, Thank you for the nice compliment. I am going to do SM Basic Maintenance classes for my local quilting guild.
~G~

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 08-18-2014 at 04:00 AM. Reason: promoting own business
Old 08-03-2014, 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
Besides nobody would have needed to send their machines to him to put back together for a small fee plus shipping both ways plus his labor.
Ohhhh... is this the answer to that question that's been in the back of my mind all this time? Now I understand.