Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 01-20-2015, 12:28 PM
Banned

To get past the need for this, I would recommend searching all over craigslist and ebay and etsy to find sometime you want more..... hehe
Old 01-20-2015, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
To get past the need for this, I would recommend searching all over craigslist and ebay and etsy to find sometime you want more..... hehe
Steve, thanks but not much help. I have thought about offering her several machines as trade for the one. Pretty sure shop owner doesn't any more though since she tried to sell me all 3 of the machines she currently has..
Old 01-20-2015, 05:39 PM

Hi Chris,
Is the machine close to you?
Can you test drive it? Be sure to take some sample fabric with you.
Then see they will bargain on the price.
Ebay has one for 99.00 currently.
Good Luck
dawn227
Old 01-20-2015, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by Dawn227 View Post
Hi Chris,
Is the machine close to you?
Can you test drive it? Be sure to take some sample fabric with you.
Then see they will bargain on the price.
Ebay has one for 99.00 currently.
Good Luck
dawn227
Thanks. Tomorrow, I plan to test drive the machine - hoping the store will let me. This store is about 3 miles from my home - which is why I try to not go there too often. Nice people but some ridiculous prices. A 15-91 with original sales receipt in a cabinet with the storage stool but asking $150. Comes with a few accessories and a green boxed buttonholer plus a blind hemstitcher including a plate. The bobbin case is there but only 1 bobbin and many cobwebs - I did advise them to dust it to make it more attractive.
Old 01-22-2015, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Windblown View Post
Claus I saw a older Paff for sale and it appeared to have the same type of bobbin that yours uses. Also some of the online vintage machine sites in the UK have these type of bobbins for sale, have you tried a search of them? They are very well informed. I hope this is of some help to you.
I have tried searching, but find it difficult to explain the "fingers" and their position on the bobbin case illustrated in my guide. Ofcourse I dont even know how big my bobbin case is supposed to be, or what other models it may fit. I have bought one China-clone and one vintage "Simanco 15277" on eBay to see if I have any luck
Old 01-22-2015, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by grant15clone View Post
Claus, I had an Anker RZ at one time but it didn't have the two tensions, but otherwise looked like your machine. I don't recall it needing a round needle though, so it might not be the same. Class 15 bobbins are not for industrial machines per say. It may take the class 15 bobbins. You might want to try a class 15 case just for giggles. I did that on a machine once and it worked. If you have a Japanese Clone or a Singer 15 it might work. Some of the fingers point to the left, and some point to the right depending on the model. It looks like yours would point to the right. If you have a local shop, take the machine in and ask if you can try on some bobbin cases to see if one fits. It might save you a lot of time and frustration. A vintage Pfaff case might work too. I know mine was not all that hard to get parts for, but again, it might not have been the same configuration.
I hope this helps.
~Grant~
Hello, and thank you for your reply! :)

The double-tension spools are probably a bit rare as they were delivered installed on buyers request (to make the machine do tucking with double needle).

As for the bobbin case and those "fingers", I find it difficult to describe both direction of "arm" and position of "fingers" (I dont even know what is considered "left" or "right" or what side is up and down on a bobbin case).

Ive tried searching, but sellers are inconsistent in displaying images of the bobbin case (Im sure to most people a case is a case, and If they know their model number, it doesnt matter what case is depicted), and mixing up codes so its not easy to understand if the images are of actual case or just depicting a case in general.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]507168[/ATTACH]
A and B from manual. B points to what I call the "fingers" (making a kind of "thumbs up" on the one I am looking for).
Some sellers list this as a "Singer 15277", and as a HA1, but when searching for original Simanco 15277 or HA1, it seems sellers dont really know what exactly they are selling. At least none from eBay have tried to answer my questions. (I might be a bit unclear as I dont know what things are called and find I am making up an entire little language regarding the anatomy of these cases :)

I have ordered one Vintage "Simanco 15277" with bobbins, and one Bobbin case called "15277" Stated to fit Sears Kennmore 158 / 385, but depicted with "Thumbs up" and looking just like a China 15277 listed as being a Class 15 Singer bobbin. I guess time will tell :)

I have ordered an asortment of needles to se if size 18 is too heavy, and to test flat vs round shank.
Old 01-22-2015, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
That Anker likely uses L bobbins.
Hello

Im a bit clumsy on terminoligy (among other things)... Would that be Left? Does it have anything to do with positions pictured below?:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]507177[/ATTACH]

Or Does "L" mean the "Thumbs up"-thing I have tried to describe here?:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]507178[/ATTACH]

Sorry. Im really trying

Claus
Attached Thumbnails 10987057425_a99c557fd7.jpg   spolekapsel1.jpg  
Old 01-22-2015, 12:13 PM

If it were me, I would try the #15277 (1 O'clock). Be careful and watch the needle and the hoot closely to make sure that they don't touch or bind. That goes for Straight and Zig Zag stitching.
~Grant~
Old 01-22-2015, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by grant15clone View Post
If it were me, I would try the #15277 (1 O'clock). Be careful and watch the needle and the hoot closely to make sure that they don't touch or bind. That goes for Straight and Zig Zag stitching.
~Grant~
Thank you! Im hoping the one that is original Singer "Simanco 15277" that I have bought on eBay from someone in Scotland will fit. I will make sure to check interaction before putting any load on things.

Thank you again for helping me! If I find out what bobbin case fits (best), and what it is called I will post here If anyone owning one of these Anker RZ reads this, I would greatly appreciate if they would look at their bobbin case to see if there are any inscriptions / writings on it, or check if the "Thumbs up" is there

Claus
Old 01-24-2015, 06:08 PM

Välkommen Claus! "L" is just a name for a kind of bobbin the way Miriam used the word. But that is a name for an industrial bobbin so it would be good to make sure there is an industrial bobbin case to go with it. The description of this L sized bobbin case says that it has an L-shaped thread guide instead of a "pigtail" thread guide. That part that sticks up and out from the bobbin case is what they are calling a pigtail. But here and here are L sized bobbin cases that have the pigtails, the part that sticks up, the part that is shown in the Anker manual illustration. Simanco 15277 is supposed to use Class 15 sized bobbins. On Stitchers' Guild there is a thread about someone else who bought an Anker RZ. And I am very sorry there are not enough line breaks between the paragraphs. I cannot get the board software to let me put them into this post.