Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 08-18-2010, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by jackkip

I don't know, call me crazy but I think the red rubber bands on the motor are not orginal. Just a gut feeling on my part :lol:
LOL, that is funny. But, my those rubber bands look so professional :)!!!

It is a pretty one, especially like the cabinet.

Jenna
Old 08-18-2010, 03:43 PM

I visited a friend today whose deceased husband was a taylor and she wants to sell his Singer AG118516. It's an industrial machine made in 1941, Model 245 and I found pictures online... attached here. Any ideas on what it would sell for or what she should ask for it and where's best place to sell. Ebay did not have any for sale or any that have sold in the past. Thanks for any advice you can offer......
Attached Thumbnails attachment-99309.jpe   attachment-99310.jpe  
Old 08-18-2010, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by quilterguy27
Originally Posted by dvseals
Oi... some peoples...
It's a nice looking machine from what I can see but.. Oi.

http://iowacity.craigslist.org/atq/1904577125.html
I just couldn't help myself. I had to e-mail them about this one and try to set them straight. Shame on me, I"m a bad boy. WAY overpriced.
Thanks for trying to set him straight. Someone on the board had the same equipment for sale, and the table was $175, I think, the featherweight higher. Somehow, I think the pics will show that featherweight is not pristine...
Old 08-18-2010, 05:49 PM
Banned

The Featherweight tables in really nice condition used to go for around $500 or so by themselves but since the economy has dropped I dont think we will see that price for a while. He is definitely out of line with the price but give it a few months and it will be priced right.

Billy
Old 08-18-2010, 05:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Arty1
I visited a friend today whose deceased husband was a taylor and she wants to sell his Singer AG118516. It's an industrial machine made in 1941, Model 245 and I found pictures online... attached here. Any ideas on what it would sell for or what she should ask for it and where's best place to sell. Ebay did not have any for sale or any that have sold in the past. Thanks for any advice you can offer......
Honestly I have no idea but it looks like it would be a nice machine to have to quilt on!!!!!

Billy
Old 08-18-2010, 05:55 PM

It would be good for quilting because it had a longer throat area and the table was fairly long on the left side.
Old 08-18-2010, 06:10 PM

I would like to find a table for my 1952 221 Featherweight... Any ideas? Do you know anyone who can build one if I can't find one. I have fancier machines for sewing, embroidery, and such... But every quilt top must be pieced on the FW. She needs a permanent home.
Old 08-18-2010, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Annaleehunter
I would like to find a table for my 1952 221 Featherweight... Any ideas? Do you know anyone who can build one if I can't find one. I have fancier machines for sewing, embroidery, and such... But every quilt top must be pieced on the FW. She needs a permanent home.
Oh, I am a preacher's wife and can't spend 500 dollars or so... but I will save and sacrifice for a proper home for this machine.
Old 08-18-2010, 06:13 PM

There is a FW table for sale on my local CL for $125...is that a good price? Now that I have a FW but just wondered :).

Jenna
Old 08-18-2010, 06:22 PM
Banned

Yes it is a good price. Trust me I am the king of by cheap and get a good machine or cabinet. They are out there at carport sales and estate sales. Half the time if you fine them at an estate sale they will let them go for little to nothing thinking its a card table.

Billy