Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 491 of 1792 FirstFirst ... 391 441 481 490 491 492 501 541 591 991 1491 ... LastLast
Results 12,251 to 12,275 of 44790

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by laura59
    Well, I did it again. Last night I got another sewing machine. There are some attachments with it. The machine is a Singer 66 treadle. The alloted date is 1909. Pretty cool for being over 100 years old. Just had to share my good news
    Nice Lotus! I love the Lotus! Can we see a picture of the whole thing including the cabinet?

Nancy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Weedwoman
    Nancy, it was easier for me to add a new pic of the Davis VF rather than look for the page. She's not purty but she sure does sew a good stitch.
    Weedwoman, thank you! I will add your Davis to my list of Davis's and where they are posted! What is the serial number of your machine?

Nancy

Blog Entries
    A member of this board came and picked up the Rocketeer this am. Neat lady!! Then DH and I went to an estate sale. They had a vintage Kenmore in a poor cabinet with a $125 price tag. Get real! Anyway we brought it home for a fraction of that price. It will possibly go to a local school. That house had boxes and boxes of polyester fabric and more plastic flowers than 3 cemetaries could handle. Now DH bought a huge band saw and a joiner. He got fantastic deals.

Here is a pic of the cabinet for my Singer 66. Not much room to take a good pic. Sorry.

Singer Model 66
    Name:  Attachment-170587.jpe
Views: 56
Size:  28.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles
    Nancy, it was easier for me to add a new pic of the Davis VF rather than look for the page. She's not purty but she sure does sew a good stitch.
    Weedwoman, thank you! I will add your Davis to my list of Davis's and where they are posted! What is the serial number of your machine?

Nancy
    Where do I find the serial number on my davis?

Blog Entries

Nancy
    Where do I find the serial number on my davis?
    On the slide plate, I know that could have been changed, but that is all we have to go on. Also, anyone out there who has a Davis and knows or has a reliable source for the date of your machine, I would really appreciate that information. I am trying to put together a date list for the Davis.

Also, for the Free. If you have an old receipt or know the date of your Free, please let me know!

Nancy

Blog Entries
    [quote=tomilu]A member of this board came and picked up the Rocketeer this am. Neat lady!!

Thank you for the sweet compliment Tommie, I know for a fact that the same can be said for you and your dh....it was so nice to meet you and again, thank you so much for the machine.....by the way, she will now be known as Tommie here in my home....a wonderful 501a Rocketeer from a wonderful couple....

Nancy, my Davis serial # is 2424236. I'm sure it's not been changed out because the lady I bought it from knew the family and they said it had been their mothers forever and after she died they put it in the basement and it had never been touched. And it was in there so tight it took us forever to get it loosened up so it would move, I won't say slide because it still doesn't slide without being coaxed with a screwdriver and hand heel.

Blog Entries
    Laura your one lucky woman!! Lotus they are quite rare and so beautiful. There are 2 types. Orange Lotus and a Brown Lotus (more rare of the 2). It is my understanding there was a problem with the paint tint during production of the decals making them brown instead of orange.

Quilt Addict, I've not seen one before either. It's really is a neat cabinet. There a little holes drilled in the front of the bottom drawer to hold the tiny bobbins.

Nancy, I love your Avitar and thought... Here's a woman that is truly blessed. Horses and sewing machines. Come to the VSMS retreat and we'll go horse back riding.

Judy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by laura59
    Here is a pic of the cabinet for my Singer 66. Not much room to take a good pic. Sorry.
    Yes, I'd say that machine was taken care of!

Nancy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcene
    Thank you for the sweet compliment Tommie, I know for a fact that the same can be said for you and your dh....it was so nice to meet you and again, thank you so much for the machine.....by the way, she will now be known as Tommie here in my home....a wonderful 501a Rocketeer from a wonderful couple....
    Darcene, I love my 501a Rocketeer! I have gotten most of the cams off of e-bay along with a buttonhole attachment and a monogrammer! So much fun!

Nancy

Sorry mine is the 503a! Still, I love that style of machine for decorative stitches and monogramming.!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitzone
    Nancy, I love your Avitar and thought... Here's a woman that is truly blessed. Horses and sewing machines. Come to the VSMS retreat and we'll go horse back riding.

Judy
    Wouldn't that be fun! Yes, I am blessed, if I am not sewing, I am with the horses or working in the yard!

Nancy

Blog Entries
    Ok I think I have the back clamp versus the side clamp figured out on our 66's!

Actually Billy had started figuring it out on page 1 of this forum! He said that the 66-1 and 3 were back clamps and the 66-2 was a side clamp. I couldn't find information on a 66-2?

Here goes - the 66 spanned 1902 to 1956:

The 66-1 with the Egyptian? was made from 1902 - 1906 and the Scroll (red - must be the redeye?) from 1906 - 1923 was a back clamp. These were treadles with back clamping feet.

The 66-3 a HC also back clamping
    66-4 from 1923 - ? side clamping treadle
    66-5 HC - side clamping
    66-6 from 1921 - 31 side clamping - electric
    66-8 side clamping
    66-13 side clamping 1920 - ?
    66-14 thru 66-24 side clamping with reverse

I found this on this site of ISMACS! http://www.ismacs.net/singer_sewing_...sses-1-99.html

Nancy

Blog Entries
    Darcene, I love my 501a Rocketeer! I have gotten most of the cams off of e-bay along with a buttonhole attachment and a monogrammer! So much fun!

Nancy

Sorry mine is the 503a! Still, I love that style of machine for decorative stitches and monogramming.![/quote]

Nancy, I messed up and am I ever blushing....my new (to me) machine is a 500a...sometimes my fingers type faster than my brain can work.

I have a FW that runs great BUT about half the time it "stalls" when I beginsewing.I have to reach over and turn the flywheel then it sews normally.
    Is there an adjustment I can make?

I know that here there is always someone looking for specials, this was posted in our town Dunlpa buy-sale-trade
    is a antique sewing machine table http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...4743196&saved#!/photo.php?fbid=1596503159314&set=o.176171325760445 &theater

good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Cindy Lou Who
    Yep, got that too- and it got worse this week with the time change!!
    Yeah, buddy!! The time change is killing me. I'm either oversleeping, falling asleep in the middle of a sentence, or hurting too bad to move. I HATE DST!!!

MY body HATES the time change. It always takes me about a week to get back my body rhythm. For the meantime, I am really draggy.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tammy
    I have a FW that runs great BUT about half the time it "stalls" when I beginsewing.I have to reach over and turn the flywheel then it sews normally.
    Tammy what we were told when Kathie and I took the FW class was that the Handwheel was just that a Handwheel - we should be starting the FW with that handwheel.

My white FW does the same thing, I just start with the handwheel - actually my Mother's Pfaff 130 (a very powerful machine) does the same thing! I start it with the handwheel also!

Nancy

Quote Originally Posted by jan on 446
    I recently posted about a Necchi machine I was thinking about getting.

"There's a number pressed in the metal on the bottom front of the machine (when you tilt it back from the carrying case base) which I believe is the serial number. It is 507098. My guess is that it's from the 1940's or '50's.
    Note: ***
    Dh found another number also A107-3
    Other writing reads: Distributed by Necchi Elna Sewing Machine Sales USA
    *** Arm says Miracle on it.
    Motor: Champion Made in USA Universal Motion Cycles 25-75 Model 24
    I have one of these machines labeled as distributed by Necchi-Elna. Mine is a green straight-stitcher, and I believe it was made in the early 60s. My friend's ex-husband gave it to her for her birthday one year. I got it in the divorce--I'm pretty sure she didn't want to look at anything that reminded her of him!!

Blog Entries
    So I have an old Singer - okay one of several. Her serial # is C5056816. She lives in a lovely bentwood, box and is knee press operated. According to Singer, those records were lost. How/where do I find out info about this baby?

Quote Originally Posted by cherrybsixty
    Nancy, let say this and I have to hit the hay cause tomorrow is another work day, but your quilt is gorgeous. You don't suffer from Adult ADD, do you.
    Cherrybsixty, I know you are not trying to be funny because ADD is not a funny subject, but I had to laugh. Sorry. No, I just come from a rancher family - my Dad was a cowboy. I was raised by the creed that as long as there is daylight you keep busy. My family did not have 9 to 5 jobs so I was taught at an early age to make my life productive - which means you work from dawn to dark! It drives my husband nuts sometimes, because he could watch movies all weekend, and he thinks after 5 you should be just sitting watching TV. That is from the way he was raised and our jobs! I want to make the most out of every day of my life - DH is much more laid back then I am - it has been a joke between us for 30 years that I can't sit through more than one movie -- then I have to do something!

Nancy
    That's one of the reasons why treadles and HCs are so handy--you can do both!!
    I'm not really good at sitting still myself, but I'm also probably ADD (my kids are all diagnosed; I see no reason for an official diagnosis at my age), so I never really FINISH anything.

It doesn't help that the @#$% phone keeps ringing. Anyone else hate the telephone??

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
    That's one of the reasons why treadles and HCs are so handy--you can do both!!
    I'm not really good at sitting still myself, but I'm also probably ADD (my kids are all diagnosed; I see no reason for an official diagnosis at my age), so I never really FINISH anything.

It doesn't help that the @#$% phone keeps ringing. Anyone else hate the telephone??
    Well, that is why it is nice when you can screen your calls -- you don't have to talk to the person calling if you don't want to!

Ok you all this is one of my dream machines! One of two! There are actually two of these on e-bay right now, but they always get bid out of sight! My daughter's married name is Jones!

http://cgi.ebay.com/JONES-HAND-CRANK...item3cb5da59b0

Nancy

There are 10 bids on this machine already!

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy
    Hi Tammy,
    Have you cleaned,oiled and greased your FW? The motor needs grease in the 2 grease holes. Is the motor belt in good shape?
    Sharon W. in Texas

Blog Entries
    Nancy;
    Pretty machine. Really like the way she looks and her decals.