Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 12-08-2010, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by purplefiend
Originally Posted by quilterguy27
I'm probably the only one that's not working on gifts. I still have more decorating to do. Then maybe I can get back to making gifts.
I'm not making gifts, I'm making charity quilts. I quilted a QOV today at the weekly sew-in, just have to trim and bind it. Its a 2
block quilt, Churn Dash and 9 patch. Pictures when I'm done with the binding.
Sharon W.
I would love to see them. I think it is fantastic that you are making charity quilts. Are you doing this with your guild?
Old 12-08-2010, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
I'm probably the only one that's not working on gifts. I still have more decorating to do. Then maybe I can get back to making gifts.
I'm not making gifts, I'm making charity quilts. I quilted a QOV today at the weekly sew-in, just have to trim and bind it. Its a 2
Sharon W.
I would love to see them. I think it is fantastic that you are making charity quilts. Are you doing this with your guild?
The QOV I make with my guilds and the others I make for
"The Linus Connection" a local organisation. I'll take pictures when I'm done with these last 2 quilts.
Old 12-08-2010, 07:21 PM

Sharon W.
The QOV I make with my guilds and the others I make for
"The Linus Connection" a local organisation. I'll take pictures when I'm done with these last 2 quilts.
Yes, I remember you stating that you made quilts for the Linus Connection. After reading that, I looked into the Linus Project and plan to make quilts for the local chapter after the holidays.
Old 12-08-2010, 07:52 PM

Now the machines really are finding me. Today, my dental hygienist gave me a Singer 66-2 machine,1925. She saved it from her friend throwing it in the trash. My husband told her about my new hobby, and she told him about this machine that was just sitting around her house. She asked if I would like to have it. Well, I couldn't turn down a free machine. I plan to toss the motor on this one too. I now have a box of motors.

with quilting foot
[ATTACH=CONFIG]140331[/ATTACH]

well used manual
[ATTACH=CONFIG]140332[/ATTACH]

motor with old cord & attachments
[ATTACH=CONFIG]140340[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-140326.jpe   attachment-140327.jpe   attachment-140335.jpe  
Old 12-09-2010, 07:57 AM

My friend, Terri, and I make 'preemie' quilts and donate them to the neonatal unit at Wesley in Wichita. To date we have donated close to 300 of them. The nurses tell us they don't last long because there are so many preemie babies born nowadays. It's a wonderful way to give and a great way to use up scraps or donated fabrics. Sometimes thaat is all that a mother has to take home with her is the quilt that her small one was wrapped in when she got to hold it. Not all the little ones make it home.
Anyway, any neonatal unit loves getting the little quilts so if anybody is yearning for a cause, this is a good one.
Old 12-09-2010, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by tonsau7
Nope, you are not alone, your sister isn't making gifts either!
LOL Toni! Are you at least decorating?
No, I was going to include that comment, but I didn't want anyone to think I was a Scrooge. I did put up a little 3' Christmas tree though.
Old 12-09-2010, 12:05 PM

Well, that's a start. I've got my tree out of the box and the lights on and that's it. I hope to get more done this weekend. I hope to see you all soon. Keep your fingers crossed and your mouth closed. LOL. No one knows I may be coming home.

Oh, and you aren't a Scrooge!!! Not in my book anyway.
Old 12-09-2010, 12:27 PM

Now the machines really are finding me. Today, my dental hygienist gave me a Singer 66-2 machine,1925. She saved it from her friend throwing it in the trash. My husband told her about my new hobby, and she told him about this machine that was just sitting around her house. She asked if I would like to have it. Well, I couldn't turn down a free machine. I plan to toss the motor on this one too. I now have a box of motors.
Vintagemotif are you sure that is a 66? It sure looks like my 99 from Canada? Same decals. That machine will look really good when you get it cleaned up!

Here is one of my quilts -- I just got done quilting it. Next year, I hope I can do more on my treadles!

Nancy
Attached Thumbnails attachment-140489.jpe  
Old 12-09-2010, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Weedwoman
My friend, Terri, and I make 'preemie' quilts and donate them to the neonatal unit at Wesley in Wichita. To date we have donated close to 300 of them.

Anyway, any neonatal unit loves getting the little quilts so if anybody is yearning for a cause, this is a good one.
Wow, that is such a great thing to do!

Weedwoman, I love your Avator quilt!

Nancy
Old 12-09-2010, 12:37 PM

Nancy, your quilt is so so pretty. Even Hubby made a commet on how pretty it is. The colors go great together. Do you have a name for it? :thumbup: