Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop Machine Photos >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop Machine Photos

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop Machine Photos

Old 06-06-2013, 08:17 AM
Banned

very nice, well done!
Old 06-06-2013, 09:44 AM

vanginney, they look beautiful a very cool color.
Old 06-06-2013, 11:00 AM

Vanginney,
The colored machines are pretty, especially the blue Stitchmaster.

Everyone else,
I had 5 Featherweights when this quest to find the machine to get painted purple. I've sold 4 of the machines that weren't getting enough use; 2 featherweights,a black 301 and Pfaff 2040 all have new very happy owners.
The machine that got painted had no clear coat and very little decals, in some areas along the front edge the paint was down to bare metal. Yet she sewed very smoothly and has a beautiful stitch.
Sharon

Last edited by purplefiend; 06-06-2013 at 11:14 AM.
Old 06-06-2013, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by purplefiend View Post
Vanginney,
The colored machines are pretty, especially the blue Stitchmaster.

Everyone else,
I had 5 Featherweights when this quest to find the machine to get painted purple. I've sold 4 of the machines that weren't getting enough use; 2 featherweights,a black 301 and Pfaff 2040 all have new very happy owners.
The machine that got painted had no clear coat and very little decals, in some areas along the front edge the paint was down to bare metal. Yet she sewed very smoothly and has a beautiful stitch.
Sharon
That sounds like a perfect candidate for a repainting. I like the color too btw. Good choice. When I get time I have a Singer 66 that is going to get a repaint job done to it too. The paint is destroyed on it but I have not decided what color to paint it yet.
~G~
Old 06-06-2013, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by vanginney View Post
The white took a whole bottle of WD40 and i eventually had to lightly scrub the caked on oil with steel wool. Nothing else worked!
They look amazing indeed! Great job. ...I have to say, I just discovered the joys of using Isopropyl Alcohol on that hardened oil... breaks it down really easily. Got the tip from following the Necchi cleaning instructions from the Yahoo group pages. It has CHANGED MY LIFE
Old 06-06-2013, 08:39 PM

Sharon I just love your purple Featherweight. He did a nice job on it.
Old 06-06-2013, 08:46 PM

Do try GooGone, it works wonders on sticky residue and does not hurt the paint at all. Make sure to purchase the oil-based GooGone and not the one with something like paint remover in it.

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Just found this Japanese 15 clone today... at a garage sale on the way home from the gym! It's a Wizard, a green one! If anyone knows anything about it, please spill... On the underside of the body it's got "JC25" embossed in the metal, and then nearby there is a hand-painted number "JA14" and then stamped into the metal it says "013296". Three number notations. What does it all mean?

It moves great. I ran it for a few seconds and got the faint odor of burning, so I won't try that again until I've cleaned it well and re-oiled and packed the grease ports with vaseline. It had an old tape stuck on it as a fabric guide, which left a nasty sticky residue when I removed it. What is the best way to get that off-- sewing machine oil?

This is Alba, named after the first owner:
Old 06-07-2013, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by frudemoo View Post
They look amazing indeed! Great job. ...I have to say, I just discovered the joys of using Isopropyl Alcohol on that hardened oil... breaks it down really easily. Got the tip from following the Necchi cleaning instructions from the Yahoo group pages. It has CHANGED MY LIFE
Be very careful using alcohol on sewing machines, it'll take the paint off in a hurry.
Sharon
Old 06-09-2013, 11:41 PM

This is my first treadle and I am very excited and happy to have her - have not had a chance to sit and play yet but looking forward to learning. Its a Davis - I think a VF2.
Attached Thumbnails bette-davis.jpg   bette-davis-2.jpg  
Old 06-10-2013, 03:21 AM

Originally Posted by vanginney View Post
Love the purple! I would like to do that to a FW but I would need more that one before I would take the plunge. I just finished cleaning up two baby blue sewing machines...o natural Here are the pics. The white took a whole bottle of WD40 and i eventually had to lightly scrub the caked on oil with steel wool. Nothing else worked!
I STRONGLY recommend that you do not use steel wool on a painted surface.
~G~