Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 17 of 91 FirstFirst ... 7 16 17 18 27 67 ... LastLast

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop Machine Photos

Quote Originally Posted by purplefiend View Post
    My favorite treadle is my 1936 Singer 201k-4(original hand crank). There's also my 1968 Singer 237 zig zag and 99K hand crank. Also my 1916 Singer 66-1 red eye.
    Sharon W.
    So Sharon, you like to use the hand crank machines? I've never tried it should be interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
    Really nice Holly! And SUPER price! Can't wait to see her when you get her cleaned up!
    Thanks Charlee, I'm still researching her, I think she will clean up nicely! I'll send pics.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollyann View Post
    So Sharon, you like to use the hand crank machines? I've never tried it should be interesting...
    I'm not Sharon, but will tell you that I LOVE using my handcrank! There's just something about it...
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

I'm not Sharon, but will tell you that I LOVE using my handcrank! There's just something about it...
    Seems like it would be hard to do, but I guess it will be a good work out... LOL

Blog Entries
    ~grin~ It's not hard at all, and the only thing that gets to be a real workout would be winding the bobbin!! LOL
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

Being a long bobbin I guess it would be! LOL I hear they run out fast, maybe it's good it's a hand crank the bobbin will not run out so fast!

Quote Originally Posted by Hollyann View Post
    Hi Hollyann,
    I much prefer a treadle machine, a smooth running hand crank is nice; however winding a bobbin is too much work IMHO. I have had my right rotator cuff and shoulder repaired, so winding the bobbin with a hand crank isn't happening. I only use round bobbin machines unless they are treadle operated.
    When I do use a hand crank machine I have a seam guide on the machine so that I have a guide when I'm sewing. In my picture you see my Singer 99K with a seam guide.
    When I'm teaching small children to sew, the hand crank is great; there is no motor to be frightened of and they are in complete control of the machine.
    Sharon W.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by purplefiend; 02-04-2012 at 08:55 AM.

Blog Entries
    I like a finger guard on a hand crank to prevent accidental vaccinations. http://shop.sew-classic.com/Finger-N...nes-SCF020.htm seems out of stock though
    Last edited by miriam; 02-04-2012 at 08:57 AM.

Blog Entries
    Just wanted to post pictures of my Singer 15-91 that I received Monday. It was $50.00 on ebay. The tension is off but I can fix that. I downloaded the manual and printed it. So when I get finished with my current project I will get "Ethel" running smooth.

Name:  2012-01-28 Sewing Room and Machines 009.jpg
Views: 1484
Size:  676.5 KB

Name:  2012-01-28 Sewing Room and Machines 010.jpg
Views: 1308
Size:  753.8 KB

I looked through the pictures and don't see a picture of my 1949 Singer 15-90 treadle; she's had a motorectomy. So here's her picture.

The Domestic is a beautiful machine.

Recently purchased an early 1900 Singer treadle machine but don't know much about it yet. The face plate has a Scotch thistle design engraved on it. The cabinet is in pretty sorry shape. Where can I find parts and information on restoration of the machine? Where do I find the serial number etc?

Help, I have an extra spring left that I can't find a place for

Billy

I aquired a singer red eye and I've been trying to clean it my self. When I cleaned the parts above the shaft that the foot is on I somehow pulled a spring lose that I can' figure out where it came from. The lever to lift the foot doesn't work now Can you help me or do I have to take it in

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quilting momma View Post
    Billy

I aquired a singer red eye and I've been trying to clean it my self. When I cleaned the parts above the shaft that the foot is on I somehow pulled a spring lose that I can' figure out where it came from. The lever to lift the foot doesn't work now Can you help me or do I have to take it in
    Take it in some where - he is sick and has a lot of stuff he hasn't been able to get done. Any particular reason you had to take the machine apart THAT much just to clean it? I bet they don't at a shop.

Quote Originally Posted by quilting momma View Post
    Billy

Sounds like a beautiful machine. Sometimes it is easy to loosen something while cleaning or to remove things that don't necessarily need to be removed. Take it somewhere in your area to get the spring put back on. There is most likely a repair shop nearby where you are. Call around, check on the web for any complaints or comments regarding where you take it. Almost everyone has a rating these days. On a personal side, I wouldn't send it to Billy. He has machines (and money) that he has had for months and (at least one) over a year. No one can find out if they will ever get them back. You will be just as well off, if not better, to take it locally.

Blog Entries

Meet Margie!!

May I introduce "Margie"? (named after the lovely lady I had lunch with today!! )

Margie is a 1912 Singer model 115 born in 1912. Her "skirt" is a cabinet model 21 and had all sorts of goodies in it. You'll notice the (seemingly) requisite 5 or 6 rufflers... LOL 2 of them don't fit this machine! (One is for a White or other top clamp, one is for a 66-1 back clamp)

Margie's serial number, according to the links on ISMACS indicates a model 27 with a date of Dec 20, 1911, but her decals, shape, etc., all say 115! (The "Wings" decals are exclusive to the 115).

Charlee,

She is gorgeous!!! I am envious. The 115 is a very smooth sewer, you'll love her.

Cathy

Charlee,
    Everything about her is drop-dead gorgeous! Weird about the number coming back as a 27 'cos clearly she's not. Love her markings.

You hit the mega jackpot girl.

Best,
    d
    My best is the least I can do.

How honored I am to have that awesome machine named after me. "THANK YOU" That's about as good as getting an academe award! Ha Ha! Hubby didn't seem as excited about it as I was tho, looked at me like I'd lost a few more screws!!

That Singer attachment that I have and thought looked like your zig-zag one. Well it's not a zig-zag. Took a picture tonight but it didn't show it very well so will try again tomorrow.

Really did enjoy the day and we will need to do it again and hit some of the thrift stores! THANKS!
    http://signatures.mylivesignature.co...5F1E81D66A.png
    Whatever I said in anger, Whatever I shouted in spite, I'm sorry I spoke so quickly--I thought of some worse ones tonight.

Blog Entries
    Charlee, she's lovely. Ruffles, anyone???

Blog Entries
    Very pretty machine!!

Blog Entries
    Charlee, no wonder you were looking to sell everything else!!!! WOWZER!!!

Charlee- Perhaps her name should be Lady Margie? She certainly looks like royalty- not a frill out of place. Beautiful!

Blog Entries

May I introduce "Margie"? (named after the lovely lady I had lunch with today!! )

Margie is a 1912 Singer model 115 born in 1912. Her "skirt" is a cabinet model 21 and had all sorts of goodies in it. You'll notice the (seemingly) requisite 5 or 6 rufflers... LOL 2 of them don't fit this machine! (One is for a White or other top clamp, one is for a 66-1 back clamp)

Margie's serial number, according to the links on ISMACS indicates a model 27 with a date of Dec 20, 1911, but her decals, shape, etc., all say 115! (The "Wings" decals are exclusive to the 115).
    Margie is gorgeous, and you are one lucky gal!!

Blog Entries
    Miriam found a "Treadle Lady" video...the machine in the video is a 66, but the cabinet is the same as mine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fi8a_...1&feature=mhum

Blog Entries
    Miriam found a "Treadle Lady" video...the machine in the video is a 66, but the cabinet is the same as mine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fi8a_...1&feature=mhum
    Dumb luck?

Page 17 of 91 FirstFirst ... 7 16 17 18 27 67 ... LastLast