Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: what is your ultimate must have machine for your collection?

Quote Originally Posted by frudemoo View Post
    A Necchi Mirella is the last one I could actively pursue I think. I would just love to have one....

But I think if I saw a treadle as beautiful as that Grover & Baker I'd go silly, for sure, just to own something so amazing. You must be really excited Steve!
    ......aaaaaaand I just got it!!

Does that mean you're all done now?
    Singers: model 12 MOP (1885) Improved Family 29k58 (1939) 44K11 (1921) 201K2, 201K23 206k11 (1950) 222k (1959) 320k2(1959), 15K90, Bernina 530, Pfaff:360 (1959) http://tailororfailure.blogspot.com

I guess my ONE machine would be a feather weight portable Consew industrial Treadle servo motor SS only ZZ machine made by Pfaff that used class 15 bobbins in "m" size . maybe I cant have just one ?
    " one should endeavor to keep ones straight pins from the floor whilst treadling barefoot" .... me 2015

When you're finished Muv'ing it, you'll have to post pictures. Some people won't understand the excitement
    Singers: model 12 MOP (1885) Improved Family 29k58 (1939) 44K11 (1921) 201K2, 201K23 206k11 (1950) 222k (1959) 320k2(1959), 15K90, Bernina 530, Pfaff:360 (1959) http://tailororfailure.blogspot.com

I don't think I have an ultimate must-have since there are too many I like! I DO love those pretty treadles/handcranks with the roses decals and the fiddle bases I think they're called...also like the hot pink Morse...

for the first person who wants the Pink Atlas - I'm sure you're meaning you're wanting a bargain but I've come across 2 pink Atlas machines - one is very pricey IMO but I think is in nice cosmetic shape - think the shop wants $175 as is (and says needs complete rewiring) or $300 serviced plus if they ship...the other is or was on etsy and I thought about getting it but decided I have other things to spend my money on- think it's $140 though plus shipping but for me it's driving distance - about an hour away. but the pic doesn't look as nice as the other pricier one. I'm near Houston and both machines are in this area (or were- I haven't tempted myself by checking to see if they're still available after a handcrank and fleetwood followed me home last time...
    Susanna

Right now I want the Kenmore 1030 or 1040 with the rose case. It would be perfect to take to classes and stuff. Plus it just looks great. Unfortunately the ones on ebay right now seem to be made of solid gold. One day.

Blog Entries
    hhhmmmm I am pretty sure I already have what ever it is............
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    good mothers let you lick the beaters - great mothers turn it off first

I have decided now. My most wanted machine will be a gnomezilla. A 3/4 size godzilla finish. A shuttle would be ok but a round bobbin would be better. Shuttles wear out. With easy to find bobbins and needles or a way to fix it to take easy to find bobbins and needles. And I have fallen in love with the eight sided pillar of the White Rotary model 77. That will be my most wanted gnomezilla.
    Quote Originally Posted by greywuuf View Post
    I guess my ONE machine would be a feather weight portable Consew industrial Treadle servo motor SS only ZZ machine made by Pfaff that used class 15 bobbins in "m" size . maybe I cant have just one ?
    You ask for so little.
    Kenmore: 158.14001 (still seeking its perfect name), 158.17011 ("Enterprise")

I have 2. One machine and one cabinet. I want a white Brother FZ2 Pacesetter(I have a blue one) and I'd love to find a Brother convertible cabinet.

Cari

Fiddlebase

I have that one! 1889 singer VS2. Cost me $50 and a trip to Seattle. Someone posted it on the Ravelry vintage machines group and we contacted the owner right away. Came with the puzzle box too. I just love it.

I would like a Davis Vertical Feed because I find it interesting. Mostly I'm happy with my current batch of treadles.

Quote Originally Posted by notsothoreau View Post
    I would like a Davis Vertical Feed because I find it interesting. Mostly I'm happy with my current batch of treadles.
    Frudemoo has one of those as well!

It isn't really a must have for my collection - but I really want a pink White. I've got a green White, a black White, a blue White, but no pink one yet.
    My name is Cathy - and I'm addicted to old sewing machines and their attachments.

Macybaby just filled one major hole in my collection with the Montgomery Wards Streamliner she just gave me. It's an excellent example of early electric only machines and was ahead of it's time with it's concealed light fixture and tension assembly up front.
    Thank you Macybaby!
    Rodney
    "Neglect to oil the machine will shorten its life and cause you

trouble and annoyance" Quote from Singer Model 99 Manual

I saw a FW in a godzilla finish on eBay over the weekend. It's beautiful, that matte finish looks GREAT on the FW body. Very classy. Way way way out of my price range, but it sure is pretty.

Rodney - nice!! I like those Streamliners, the looks are amazing. The shape of the head and the smiley grill reminds me a bit of the HR Giger aliens - if they were black and shiny I'm not sure I'd be able to sleep with one in the room, LOL.

Junior Member Freaky_Quilts_Dragon's Avatar
    I'm happy with the machines I have for now. Emphasis on the 'for now.' I could really use a good strong zz, I have an attachment for it but their abilities are limited. What I ~want~ is a big ol' boot patcher with stand. I had an opportunity about 18 months ago to buy one for $100 and I very, very foolishly turned him down because money was a little tight. Ugh. Silly Dragon. Even my boyfriend, who only kinda likes my other machines, would have loved it! Ah well. Live and learn. Money's a little tight again but I snapped up an $85 Two Spool. *insert happy-slightly-irresponsible-face here* As an adult I am fully qualified to make my own dubious decisions.
    I love and respect everything with all my heart and soul, because everything is sacred, and deserving of love and respect.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/BraveNewCraft?ref=listing-shop-header-item-count"

I put together a list - along with the long bobbin eldredge
    Avery
    Chicago
    Elipse
    Howe (high arm)
    June
    Leader
    Union
    Victor

and possibly

Bell
    Portman
    My name is Cathy - and I'm addicted to old sewing machines and their attachments.

Blog Entries
    I'm working on a Pfaff #6 and I think this one is a keeper. I just love the engineering. It is a very simple straight stitch machine but I really like it. I'm half tempted to try it out on the big industrial motor and see how she goes.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    good mothers let you lick the beaters - great mothers turn it off first

I'm wanting a 15 with Tiffany decals to go with the 15-clone hand crank, 15-clone portable electric, 15-90 in cabinet, 15-91 in art deco cabinet & 1902 15K26 (i think) treadle. Although, if I found another model with decent Tiffany decals at a decent price I would probably get it.
    Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
    Janey & John

Quote Originally Posted by OurWorkbench View Post
    I'm wanting a 15 with Tiffany decals to go with the 15-clone hand crank, 15-clone portable electric, 15-90 in cabinet, 15-91 in art deco cabinet & 1902 15K26 (i think) treadle. Although, if I found another model with decent Tiffany decals at a decent price I would probably get it.
    Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
    If you're that into 15s, why isn't an Improved Family (15-1) on the list? They are a fiddlebase machine, very nice indeed.

Blog Entries
    I think I'd get a 201 if one ever crossed my path, would like a Pfaff, and would love to get a (don't hate me) Sweet 16 mid-arm for quilting (I know, that's not vintage!). Oh, then there's a fiddle base machine, a nice shiny chrome filled dashboard machine...and probably a lot more I can't think of now!
    Mavis

I need to play with the ones I already have! I wouldn't mind some colored machines though- like hot pink, blue..I have a blue one I got recently but haven't had time to play with it- maybe today would work out for that since the college kids have my townhome pretty much organized - at least enough to move around in and that machine is in a good spot by a window so when more rain comes today I'll have something to look at..so tired of the rain here!

I would still like a pretty treadle that's fairly easy to use and a fiddle base or handcrank with pretty rose/floral decals.

Mavis I hear you on the sweet 16 - I have modern too and love going back and forth depending on my needs and mood!
    Susanna

likingquilting - they'd all have to hate me if they hated you for wanting a Sweet 16! I've spend more money on my brand new machine than all my vintage ones put together!

And I just ordered the Pro-stitcher to go with it.

i am still looking for a necchi julia. that will be my ultimate machine. if anyone has one, please ping me. or i could probably trade these 3 cabinets with 4 machines for a necchi julia. .
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by singerguy; 05-31-2015 at 11:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by singerguy View Post
    i am still looking for a necchi julia.
    I have one on the shed. Awesome machine.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast