Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
You got what?!?!? for your birthday!?!? >

You got what?!?!? for your birthday!?!?

You got what?!?!? for your birthday!?!?

Old 08-12-2015, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Cari-in-Oly View Post
The creeps next door were actually starting to move out when we got home, so we knew something was up before we even got to our front door. They were long gone by the next morning. We stayed there for two more years, the rent was cheap and I was going to college so money was tight.

Cari
Oh that's right, you mentioned that. So they got off scott free? That's a shame.

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
I can't believe my parents stay in this house. In April there was a bullet through the siding and through an interior door and then bounced off a window sill and onto the floor - in other words the bullet passed through the whole house. Then the neighbors... They won't move.
I get the impression there's going to be a point where it's no longer their choice. My dad had to do that with my grandpa - took his car and put him in assisted care at the same time.

Seriously, to have bullets going through the house, it's not safe. Did anyone report that?

Originally Posted by tessagin View Post
I thought the same about the case. Ditto on Happy Birthday to you!!
yeah, that case is only good for a template to make a new one. I'm keeping it around for that purpose only. I know that there are a few places who carry a bendable plywood, I'm going to try that when finances and time permits.

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
I have a 201 that has finish like that. It has a bit of checking though. I wonder what you did with yours?
I found that as I was doing the prep for the French polishing that the sandy part was getting softer. With relatively aggressive (with my soft fingernails) mechanical convincing, it's quite flat and smooth now. I am now at the "trying to bring up a shine" stage. Word to the wise though - don't put the full can of Bri-Wax on the bed for any amount of time no matter how crowded the room is. It left a ringed indentation on the bed that I had to work to get rid of setting the whole process back.