Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
You want HOW much for it?!! LOL >

You want HOW much for it?!! LOL

You want HOW much for it?!! LOL

Old 05-07-2010, 03:17 AM

Did the antique store come with it at that price??
Old 05-07-2010, 04:01 AM

mmmmmm, maybe she is attaching sentimental value to it also. Just a thought. Wander what she is seling other things in her house for.
Old 05-07-2010, 04:07 AM

Holey moley!

Marsye - too funny.
Old 05-07-2010, 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by Kyiav10
If you find the ebay add you MUST post the ad so we can all see this $15,000.00 sewing machine!

Kyia
ditto
Old 05-07-2010, 04:48 AM
Power Poster

Oh gosh.....catching my breath from laughing!!! Do ya' think she has another one???? I'm SURE this one will be gone in a heartbeat for that price and I'd HATE to miss it!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 05-07-2010, 05:22 AM

I just bought a 1871 (about) Singer sewing machine. It has a crank like handle. I haven't figured out how you sew with just your left hand. It is heavy, and someone else will have to bring it in from the car. Can't wait to try it
Old 05-07-2010, 05:32 AM

Have you read Alex's trilogy books? They were great! I lost track of him after not re-subscribing to the Featherweight Digest. Didn't know he had a new book out. Got to order it.
Old 05-07-2010, 05:35 AM

I have a hand crank German machine that works. You have to sew carefully and make sure that the left hand knows what the right hand is doing and vice versa. The right hand can't go to fast. Start slow, practice and then build up your speed. It takes a while to get the hang of it but it's fun for a change. Mine is small and very portable so I can take it anywhere. I could, if I wanted, even take it tent camping---wait, don't have to anymore our new tent has electrical hook ups.
Old 05-07-2010, 05:41 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Rachelcb80
My husband just called me to tell me about a phone call he just received. He had left his number with a lady at an antique store a few weeks ago because she had had a customer in wanting to sell an old Singer treadle. The phone call he just got was from the woman selling the machine. It went like this....

Woman: "Yeah, I got your number from the lady at the antique store. She said you was wantin' to buy an old sewing machine."

Husband: "Yes ma'am. Is the machine you've got in good shape?"

Woman: "Oh yeah, yeah. It's perfect. The string on it ain't hardly wore out at all." (I'm assuming she was talking about the belt)

Husband: "Well how about the cabinet wood, is it all still nice?"

Woman: "Yeah, it's real pretty."

Husband: "Could you email me a few pictures of it if I give you my email address?"

Woman: "Well no I can't do that but I'm gonna put it on eBay so you could look at it there."

Husband: "You can't email me pictures but you can put them on eBay? Anyways, how much are you wanting to get for your machine?"

Woman: "Well now it's real nice and my gramma, she says it's older than her so I was wantin' to get 'bout $15,000 for it."

Husband: "$15,000?!!! Ma'am, the nicest ones out there don't bring but about three, four, maybe five hundred dollars on eBay."

Woman: "Well now, they ain't got what I got."

Husband: "Let me ask you this, is the machine made out of solid gold or something?"

Woman: "Uh, no it ain't gold."

Husband: "Well I can tell you that we're wasting each other's time. Have a nice day."

Some people are seriously crazy! LoL
I can not tell you how many of these folks I run into all the time. :roll: :roll: I am surprised your hubby didn't use Dr. Phill's favorite saying..... "What are you, F'n stupid?" LOL!!!

Its the thing that kills me with folks, if its old its worth a lot.

There was however one machine that was gold plated and it was put out by the Singer Sewing Machine Company! It was a Model 12 with the "Corn Flower" decals etched into the casting then Gold plated. The only photo I know of it is on the NB and it came off of a factory issued calender one year. Nobody knows where, who, what and when about that machine now, but whoever has it has a "Gold Mine"!!

Billy
Old 05-07-2010, 06:35 AM

Did Singer ever make an automobile, maybe its an antique car?
Di in TX