something about sitting for a neighbor
Welcome to the Quilting Board!
I thought that was yesterday Cher.
Also Cher, I love how you put your quilt name in your signature line. I'd love to do that too...mind if I copy you?
Oh maybe it was yesterday got a little confused. Well I hope everything is ok.
You sure can copy me I think it would be nice to see them there.
1. This topic will be temporarily locked to give everyone time to read this before it gets buried in more pointless hysteria. it'll open back up in a few days.
2. we have not deleted any tutorials. we surgically deleted specific items within tutorials and topics that should not have been put there.
3. we have not forbidden tutorials related to this BOM activity. we advised that detailed step-by-step tutorials be limited to those blocks which are clearly and without-a-doubt firmly planted in the public domain.
4. we further advised that tutorials could safely focus on the techniques necessary to successfully making specific blocks if there was any doubt about whether or not the specific blocks in question were firmly in the public domain and not protected by copyrights.
5. we have NEVER proposed closing down this BOM activity. the sole purpose of doing more research and modifying advice regarding procedures was to make sure the activity COULD, WOULD and WILL CONTINUE.
6. the mutual support, encouragement, and education will continue. nobody is going to be left "dead in the water" with expensive supplies they can't put to good use for this BOM activity. we can still ask and answer each other's questions.
7. if you plan to privately exchange any information or resource materials we have recommended not be exchanged publicly kindly do not discuss that intention publicly. when you discuss such intentions here, it drags the board into those plans. we are not the arbiters of your conscience. we are here to ensure the board can continue to operate to the greatest mutual benefit while observing legal and ethical requirements as we understand them.
7. Admin is still doing more in-depth research so we can make sure the procedures grant the widest possible freedom to exchange useful information while also protecting all of us from accidental violation of copyrights, etc.
8. we don't have a lawyer on retainer. we will occassionally make mistakes. guess what. as we figure that out, we'll fix them.
9. please don't make mountains out of molehills. keep working on your blocks. keep posting your pictures. keep helping each other. keep the fun going.
10. there is no cause for alarm. there has never been any cause for alarm. it's all going to be just fine.
Please hold tight. I'm waiting for response from Brenda.
I unlocked this thread so you would have a way to continue discussing this, but please don't post any more patterns at this time.
As Patrice said, the sky is not falling.
It shouldn't take us more that a few days to clear up the situation.
Perhaps there wouldn't have been so much panic if we'd heard this from you guys originally, instead of going through Klue. This project is her baby, but it's your site.
Thank you for coming in and clearing up the confusion.
one attempts to solve problems privately.
one occassionally fails.
human beings. what'cha gonna do wit 'em?
Originally Posted by Admin
I think that is a great idea thank you for your help.
Can't live with 'em.... aren't allowed to shoot 'em! ;-)Originally Posted by PatriceJ