Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 204 of 247 FirstFirst ... 104 154 194 203 204 205 214 ... LastLast
Results 5,076 to 5,100 of 6168

Thread: [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crafty38
    I am a brand new newbie and have not made a quilt yet. Can I still start this although I am only about a year behind? In other words will this infor be up for a while still?

I'm sure I will be just loaded with questions as time goes by.

Thanks.
    Crafty and Blinky, I doubt if any of us DJers will be going anywhere for a good while, the original schedule isn't due to come to an end until early summer if my memory serves, and there is a lot of info within this thread for anyone wanting to read it, so I would hope it doesn't get 'wiped' or anything, though with a new owner, we will have to see - I was encouraged that our new admin said that things weren't going to change.

I have to say that I don't think I would have been brave enough to try making this quilt as a Newbie, so all I can advise you to do Crafty, is to try a couple of blocks and see how you get on. If you make four and don't think its for you, then at least you could make those four blocks into a cushion!

I made one block today! :lol: I am so thankful I learned to paper piece a couple of weeks ago. Sure makes some of these little blocks easier!

Blog Entries
    Blinky, I'm not brave enough to even try this quilt without paper piecing! I think you will appreciate it even more as you make more blocks. Crafty...I don't think any of us are going anywhere...so jump on it..we'll be happy to help and you can look at all the threads for each week and pick up lots of tips too.

Blog Entries
    I thought ya'll might like to see how mine is going together and how the trapunto is going...I love how it is looking so far. I hope to do the trapunto work on the other 3 borders today.

I set the center aside in a very "safe and clean" place while I am working on the borders. I didn't want it covered in cat hair...can you guess what happened???

Putting the "patina" on the center I guess
    Name:  Attachment-164108.jpe
Views: 33
Size:  77.4 KB

Trapunto
    Name:  Attachment-164109.jpe
Views: 31
Size:  40.2 KB

Using chalk to mark them
    Name:  Attachment-164110.jpe
Views: 33
Size:  40.9 KB

Well yes, Patti! Your fur baby feels like s/he is laying on your lap while you Trapunto, after all it has your scent all over it!!! :lol: Love it!!!

Blog Entries
    Patti, love your quilt inspector - she looks so comfortable, and your Trapunto design is looking great - I bet there isn't another Jane with trapunto designs in its border - yours will be unique.

looks great patti

Patti, your quilt looks wonderful with that cute topper! The trapunto really adds a new dimension.

Looks fantastic Patti! Not sure what the process is but it looks great. I finished quilting 10 blocks last night while watching AI. They go really fast! I'm pumped!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Janstar
    Looks fantastic Patti! Not sure what the process is but it looks great. I finished quilting 10 blocks last night while watching AI. They go really fast! I'm pumped!!
    Well done Jan, perhaps you will be like me, and by the time you have them all pieced, they are nearly all quilted too!

Bit miffed not been getting updates from this thread at all and I was looking for something and I thought I would have a look at this thread and there you all were. Sandpat I think your quilt is going to be fabulous and I love the trapunto effect.

Managed to get 4 rows together now and busy tidying up the batting, a lot of sewing isnīt there, however its worth it.

Elle

I hope no one falls over from shock, but I'm trying to read what ya'll have been up to. Life is still NOT normal (for those that don't know, me and my DH have split up, giving DH a whole new meaning for me!!) I haven't worked on my DJ since May 10. I'm trying to recover from a severe depression that I can't begin to explain how crippling it has been. I
    WANT to come back, but it may have to be in very small increments. I miss all of you soooo, soooo much. I hope I haven't left a sour taste in anyone's mouth...

Cheers,
    Esq

Awe Esq, Its so so good to see you here again back on the board. Ofcourse you havenīt left a sour taste, certainly not in my mouth and I know no one else will feel like that.

A big big welcome back. I am sorry to hear of your troubles and how badly it has made you feel. You get back up there girl and when you look in the mirror say, that B**st*ard isnīt going to get me down. Hope that made you smile.

I loved your blocks and hope you can get back in the swing, just try one and you just know how addictive they are, we are all here to help each other so get stuck in girl.

Elle x

welcome back eaq we have missed you verrrrrrrrrrrry much. good to see you back even if it is not everyday.

Esq...girl, it is simply great to hear from you...sorry to hear of the breakup, but am even more aware of how much it upset you. Peeking your nose in here is a great beginning...we'll count that as "getting ready to quilt again" ! It might be calming for you, and help you find your happy place again. Either way, know we care.

Blog Entries
    Esq., it's brilliant that you felt up to coming here and letting us know about your troubles, that's a huge step.

Re the breakup, I have been there, done that, and had the depression and counselling too, so I can guess at some of what you might have gone through. As suggested, if you can, try one block - it's a big step, but then you have already made the biggest one coming back to us here. Well done you!

Welcome back, esq! Have missed you, and I, too, know a bit of what you have been through. It can be the pits! But you can come back and we can cheer each other on with little gains! I have been a drop out, but want to get back. One block at a time! Sew glad that you chimed in again.

Welcome back Esq, good to hear from you...hang in there and you will grow stronger and find happiness again! Looking forward to your lovely red blocks!!! :D

Blog Entries
    Welcome back Rach! Its great to see you hanging around on the board! Take whatever size steps you need to my dear...you are always welcome here, among friends :D: I'm looking forward to seeing some of those gorgeous red blocks too!

Jan, you got 10 (TEN)!!! blocks done last night???? Your fingers must be a blur they must be going so fast! I think the most I ever did in a sitting was 5....You're my hero! :lol:

What a nice welcome! I wish you all knew how bad I've felt about not participating. I know everyone says not to beat yourself up, but it's hard when you turn into a flake! Anyway, I'm gonna take baby steps...I finished my Indian Orange Peel quilt and am making another big one. As soon as HE moves out next weekend, I'm gonna open all my Jane boxes and try to start in!

Thank you all so much!
    Love,
    Esq

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Esqmommy
    What a nice welcome! I wish you all knew how bad I've felt about not participating. I know everyone says not to beat yourself up, but it's hard when you turn into a flake! Anyway, I'm gonna take baby steps...I finished my Indian Orange Peel quilt and am making another big one. As soon as HE moves out next weekend, I'm gonna open all my Jane boxes and try to start in!

Thank you all so much!
    Love,
    Esq
    Try turning it round Rach - You didn't turn into a flake, he did it to you! Once he is gone , then you can start to heal, albeit slowly. I think I took longer to get over my marriage break up than I ever would have if he had just died.

If you have finished a quilt recently, then that was a great thing, and now you are doing another - more therapy.

As for Jane, you might feel that you are miles behind, but not necessarily, because along the way, we gained more interested quilters who are at different stages, and probably haven't got as many blocks done as you have, so fret not, as we finish our Janes, we aren't going to abandon this thread, we are here to cheer on everyone else.

Well said Lesley, couldnīt have said it better myself.

We have gained quite a few newbys who have been impressed by what we have done along the way, so its never ever too late to get going again.

Elle

Blog Entries
    Well put Lesley and Elle...now you all know me..and I just HAVE to add...Rach,did you post that beautiful O/P and where?????

There are several on the thread who would be thrilled to know that you will be working along with them, right Blinky?

i know that i will be glad that we are working together again esq

Blog Entries
    Right luv, I think jolo got a little behind too (what with all her son's problems)..so see Esq????? You have lots of company!

Page 204 of 247 FirstFirst ... 104 154 194 203 204 205 214 ... LastLast