Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 104 of 247 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 103 104 105 114 154 204 ... LastLast
Results 2,576 to 2,600 of 6168

Thread: [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Quote Originally Posted by brooks1392
    How do I sign up for the Dear Jane BOM
    Just jump right in! :-)

You will need to buy either the book "Dear Jane" or the software put out by EQ to be able to make the blocks.

Basically, we're working to a schedule where we do 4 or 5 blocks a week, spread over about 17 months I think it is. By working on them together we can provide help, support, swap ideas, etc. It would be a massive thing to undertake alone, I don't think I would attempt it if it wasn't for this group. :-)

You pick your own fabrics, and you keep the finished quilt, so you can make it however you like.

Nothing is compulsory, you can do some of the blocks, or all of them, or even two sets (or three! ;-) )

Blog Entries
    There are sites online that show the blocks. I am not going to buy the book or the software. Help with how to make the blocks is available. Just let Klue or me know if you need help.

Rhonda,
    what site online shows full block construction without purchase of the pattern? I would not be able to keep up with the group without the convenience of software. There is NO drafting using this method.

Blue - very cool hexagon. That would be one of those quilts that would take me years to make.

Those hexagons look really beautiful, something I really admire but could never aspire to doing. the colours are beautiful.

Elle

Quote Originally Posted by BlueChicken

:thumbup: New Zealand, Canada, Netherlands, Japan, Britain, Spain, Australia, Ireland, America. :thumbup:

How seriously cool is that!
    Very Seriously Cool! I love it!

That is really amazing, is England in there, Izy is going to join us, she is getting a computer soon and will be joining her. Meanwhile I have been sending her material etc.

Sorry, just spotted Britain. Great

Quote Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
    Sorry, just spotted Britain. Great
    Is England the correct term? Or Britain? My geography really sucks, sorry.

I think it's Great Britain. But I not sure.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sewsewquilter
    I think it's Great Britain. But I not sure.
    LOL, I tend to use UK because it's shorter to type, but if asked, I always say I am English, rather than British. I had neighbours when I was younger, who had moved from Scotland to our town, and they would never say they were British, they always said they were Scots, so that is when I became English!

Hey y'all, I just wanted to drop in and say what an inspiration you have become to me. I've been lurking on this board since the end of the year and after reading EVERY post in the all the Dear Jane threads I have to get involved. I want so much to make a DJ and realize that without having a group of friends, chances are it will never happen.

It will take me a few weeks to get my stuff together and get caught up, but hopefully I can get there before Valentine's day!

Ginabelle, We look forward to your posts, your fabric choices, completed blocks and friendship. WELCOME ABOARD!!

Yea, another one joins the bunch! Glad to see you here..be sure to let us know if you learn any tips and tricks along the way.

welcome aboard ginabelle

Oh that is great welcome Ginabelle. You are gonna love this we are having the time of our lives here. Looking forward to seeing your version. Yipee come on in!!!!!!! :thumbup: :D
    Cher

Hooray! Welcome Ginabelle! Glad to have you aboard. This will be a blast!

Oooh, I'm so excited! I just ordered my DJ software and rulers. I'll be off to Hancock Fabrics tomorrow to get fabric. I'm not sure what just yet, kinda leaning towards batiks with bleached muslin, maybe. Or maybe bright mods with black. Or maybe CW with unbleached muslin. Oh boy, I think I'm in trouble :lol:

And thanks everyone for the warm welcome!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ginabelle
    Oooh, I'm so excited! I just ordered my DJ software and rulers. I'll be off to Hancock Fabrics tomorrow to get fabric. I'm not sure what just yet, kinda leaning towards batiks with bleached muslin, maybe. Or maybe bright mods with black. Or maybe CW with unbleached muslin. Oh boy, I think I'm in trouble :lol:
    decisions decisions decisions :-D

Welcome Ginabelle! We will all have a great time and end up with a wonderful quilt!!

So happy you have heard from Kelly! Hope the tests for her DH go well! Was gone all day so am getting caught up!

Welcome to the asylum ginabelle!! LOL :-)

I totally agree... I think the only way to tackle a project this big is to do it with a bunch of like minded crazy women. ;-)

As I was going through the different swaps yesterday I noticed a new member who has done 189 Jane Stickle blocks. It's in her signature. So I PMed her and ask if she would post pics of what she has done. I also invited her to join us if she wished. She said she would post this weekend in Pictures. So be watching for 'mistiliz' and her creation. She's been working on it around two years.

Janstar, thanks for the heads up on mistiliz. We'll be watching!

I pulled off 2 blocks today from week 4, I think. Will post pix after I finish the other 2 for the group. My background fabric is a mess or my iron needs to be replaced. I'm noticing some discoloration and hope it doesn't become a major problem. The last thing I want to do is re-do a bunch of beginner blocks at the end because the fabric was not up to par.

Wow, can't wait to see what she's done. If she posts, be sure to put a link in this thread so no one misses it!! I hope she offers to help us out!!! She sounds like she has some experience!!

Page 104 of 247 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 103 104 105 114 154 204 ... LastLast