Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 103 of 247 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 102 103 104 113 153 203 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 6168

Thread: [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

That is awesome Blue!! Can't wait to see that one complete! You probably can't either! LOL That's great evening sewing! Thanks for the look!!

Blue, that is just gorgeous!!! I did something similar for my MIL, except I did it with triangles instead of hexagons. I love how bright your batiks are. Yum!

I love it.... the colours are toning down somewhat, there's browns and greys and all sorts coming in now, so it won't all be that bright. LOL But I do love the batiks and the colour shifts.

Oh yes, that is really pretty. How long have you been working on it? All hand pieced?

So I take it octagons are even more challenging than hexagons?

Blue, that is just gorgeous! I love the color shift. I have a traditional GFG, that I found and now you have inspired me to work on it when I have sitting downtime.

I am always glad when quilting forum is my last email before I sign off so I know I won't be so far behind when I come back.
    Over night there was three and half pages.
    As I thought back to even before Cyber started, one of the first advise that was given to some one wanting to join was they needed book and (or) software. I had my from another DJ I worked on and swaps, but there was many, many, who was excited when their came. Brenda cannot help but know this too and would appreciate the business. Lets not be to hard on her.

I was just purusing the web...checked out Sharon Schamber's site. She's got a section of free stuff. Here is the link:

http://www.sharonschamber.com/free%2...ee%20Stuff.htm

She has a technique for circles that I think will come in extremely handy for our blocks. check her out and see what you think. She's an amazing quilter...

Quote Originally Posted by Esqmommy
    I was just purusing the web...checked out Sharon Schamber's site. She's got a section of free stuff. Here is the link:

http://www.sharonschamber.com/free%2...ee%20Stuff.htm

She has a technique for circles that I think will come in extremely handy for our blocks. check her out and see what you think. She's an amazing quilter...

She is amazing. I've learned so much from her free tutoritals. I wanted to join her website, but it is a bit expensive.

I know. She had a special for a while, but I still didn't join. Imagine what you get that's not free. One of these days..I'll pony up the dough and let ya'll know if it's worth it. I want a light for my sewing table and a chair on wheels first...also a suitcase on wheels, and the money to go to a DJ Retreat in June with Brenda...

Blog Entries
    Just to let everyone know that I have heard from Klue - she said to tell everyone that she is not staying away because she is upset. Her DH needed tests and has to have a medical procedure soon. She is in conversations with admin about the issues and is awaiting an outcome from that.

I am hoping that she will be back amongst us soon.

Blog Entries
    Me too Lacelady. Klue adds a lot, especially with this quilt topic.

Esq, did you say there was a DJ retreat in June? Do you have any details?

Quote Originally Posted by Quilter7x

It's in Session 5 - check it out!

http://www.emptyspoolsseminars.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Lacelady
    Just to let everyone know that I have heard from Klue - she said to tell everyone that she is not staying away because she is upset. Her DH needed tests and has to have a medical procedure soon. She is in conversations with admin about the issues and is awaiting an outcome from that.

I am hoping that she will be back amongst us soon.
    I'm so glad you have heard from KLue...that's good to hear. Hopefully she'll be back leading us all in no time!

Blog Entries

Do you plan on going? It's clear across the country from me, but sure looks like a very educational event.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueChicken
    Quote Originally Posted by sonwest
    Quote Originally Posted by kluedesigns

Klue... I really like that setting, it just goes to show even one single block can be amazing. I feel like my head is going to explode with all these ideas. I really like the ones set on point too, if I do end up doing a few of a different colourway I might look at setting them on point.
    well then this is going to burst your brain.

these are the jane blocks (and others) done in diamonds instead of squares (like squares are so easy).

http://lindafranz.com/index.php?sectionId=66
    these are beautiful! I have a kit to do the Jane Austen diamond quilt, but have been sidetracked by so many other projects! I might wait for retirement in 30 years or so!
    You could always send it down here for a holiday, I'd promise to take REAL good care of it! LOL ;-)
    Ha ha ha!

Klue... I really like that setting, it just goes to show even one single block can be amazing. I feel like my head is going to explode with all these ideas. I really like the ones set on point too, if I do end up doing a few of a different colourway I might look at setting them on point.
    well then this is going to burst your brain.

these are the jane blocks (and others) done in diamonds instead of squares (like squares are so easy).

http://lindafranz.com/index.php?sectionId=66
    these are beautiful! I have a kit to do the Jane Austen diamond quilt, but have been sidetracked by so many other projects! I might wait for retirement in 30 years or so!
    thats a stunning quilt, do you have the kit to make it is warm color reproduction fabrics or is it in blue & white.

i seen them in both colorways.
    My kit is blue and white, but mostly reproduction fabrics. It is beautiful, but I've had so many other projects that it has been sidetracked a little.

Do you plan on going? It's clear across the country from me, but sure looks like a very educational event.
    I have no money right now so at present,the answer is no. But, that could change...you never know! I want to go...

Here we are.... 30 something women from around the world. We've never met and chances are high most of us never will. New Zealand, Canada, Netherlands, Japan, Britain, America... and probably some I've missed, is there anyone from Australia? How impressive is that list!

We all started this journey at the beginning of the year, our goal is to make the same quilt that Jane Stickle made in 1863. 169 blocks.... 52 triangles... and 4 kites. She can't have done it in one year, surely it took longer!

We're not out to defraud, we're not out to start a war.... we just want to quilt, we just want to sew together, and learn, and laugh, and no doubt sometimes cry.

Admin doesn't want to shut us down, they just want to protect their site. If someone mentions the dreaded copyright word (I'm too scared to even type it! ;-) it's not an offence punishable by death! The post will be deleted, that's all. No hanging, no whipping, no court date.

We can still post photos of how a block went together, the tricky parts, how we got around it, etc. And if we step over the line, admin will no doubt let us know, and we'll adjust ourselves, and carry on.

So lets get back to what we're here for.... being part of the biggest and bestest online group to ever make a Jane Stickle quilt. :-)
    I'm from Australia!

Blog Entries
    Here we are.... 30 something women from around the world. We've never met and chances are high most of us never will. New Zealand, Canada, Netherlands, Japan, Britain, America... and probably some I've missed, is there anyone from Australia? How impressive is that list!

We all started this journey at the beginning of the year, our goal is to make the same quilt that Jane Stickle made in 1863. 169 blocks.... 52 triangles... and 4 kites. She can't have done it in one year, surely it took longer!

We're not out to defraud, we're not out to start a war.... we just want to quilt, we just want to sew together, and learn, and laugh, and no doubt sometimes cry.

Admin doesn't want to shut us down, they just want to protect their site. If someone mentions the dreaded copyright word (I'm too scared to even type it! ;-) it's not an offence punishable by death! The post will be deleted, that's all. No hanging, no whipping, no court date.

We can still post photos of how a block went together, the tricky parts, how we got around it, etc. And if we step over the line, admin will no doubt let us know, and we'll adjust ourselves, and carry on.

So lets get back to what we're here for.... being part of the biggest and bestest online group to ever make a Jane Stickle quilt. :-)
    I'm from Australia!
    I'm in Ireland

I'm from Australia!
    Yayyyyyyyyy!!!

So our list is..... in no paticular order (I put America last cause you guys are the most obvious and you're the biggest ;-) )

:thumbup: New Zealand, Canada, Netherlands, Japan, Britain, Spain, Australia, Ireland, America. :thumbup:

How seriously cool is that!

Quote Originally Posted by Lacelady

I'm in Ireland
    Doh! Sorry! I knew that one too.... I still remember the pictures you posted of where you live, the stone church particularly. :-)

Have I missed anyone else? If anyone lives somewhere else, and is doing the Jane Stickle quilt but not posting, just flick me a Private Message so I can add your country to the list. I'm going to put this in my journal. :-)

Oh yes, that is really pretty. How long have you been working on it? All hand pieced?

So I take it octagons are even more challenging than hexagons?
    I started this just over a year or so ago I think. I had a quilt teacher who scoffed when I mention I was thinking of doing it, she reckoned it would take far too long. Every now and then I run into her and she asks if I'm still working on it. :-)

I would think octagons would be pretty much the same, just more sides.

Shemjo, you'll have to take a picture and show us. :-)

I've started Week 4's thread.... for pictures and questions and hints. :-)

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-34651-1.htm#740226

How do I sign up for the Dear Jane BOM

Feel free to join us! All you need is the book and/or software to get you started.

Page 103 of 247 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 102 103 104 113 153 203 ... LastLast