Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 >

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Old 09-12-2010, 05:41 AM
Power Poster

That sounds really cute Elle. You'll be back on Jane before you know it.!

Lesley..I do know what you mean! I don't know how much I can actually speed up due to other things that I HAVE to do...but last night I got another 2 ready for applique...and finished 1 more..so yup, I'm on a roll!
Old 09-12-2010, 05:48 AM

Ok now that I can get back to the Baby here I come hope to finish with the lot of you now that I can sew on it instead of the other quilt that I did coming between me and my Baby. lol
Old 09-12-2010, 06:09 AM
Power Poster

jolo...I'm in awe of you keeping up like you have while working/finishing that barn quilt...its lovely and a whole lot of work! Congrats on both, but we'll be happy to see your progress here too! You are amazing, woman!
Old 09-12-2010, 07:55 AM
Power Poster

Welcome back Jolo. Patti, go, girl go! You won't be able to put those last few down, if you are anything like me.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:46 AM

Dear Friends!

Just peeking in to see what's happening. I haven't done anything on BJ as I am presenting a paper piecing workshop to our quilt guild this coming Saturday.

They are all a bit timid when it comes to PPFing and Mariner's Compasses scare the daylights out of them. Well, they are going to make a simplified Mariner's Compass (only 16 points)!!!! I showed them the class sample on Thursday evening at our regular monthly meeting & no one backed out - so far! Am also demonstrating a 1/4" wide inset border. They all seem to think it's hard, too - it isn't! You just have to sew and press one seam backwards. Perfect results every time!Does anyone know how to put a photo in one of these "Quick Reply" messages?

Back to workshop planning. Only 26 more triangles to go.☺
Old 09-12-2010, 12:05 PM

Kathy, You canīt put a photo in the quick reply box you have to go to reply in your box thats the only way to post a photo.

Good luck with your Tutorial hope it all goes well. Lets see some photos so take your camera.

Elle
Old 09-12-2010, 01:01 PM
Power Poster

Kathy..Elle is right if you are trying to load pictures the regular way. I haven't tried adding the html for hotlinking images in the quick reply. I know all the smiley faces and other things work. I would suppose that you would just type [img]..insert your image code, then [/img]...you can try it, then we'll know!

Editted to say..yep, it would work as you can see above. The red x is because I didn' insert an image hotlink. You would type in img with brackets around each side, before your image...then type in img with the brackets again, but with the slash in front of the img
Old 09-12-2010, 01:13 PM

Elle,

Thanks for the info. You'd think being married to a PhD in Computer Science, I'd be smarter than I am when it comes to computers, but for 40 years, I've let him be the expert! ☺

I'll have my camera, but it might be better if I take the shots at home. All of us who are doing our Baby Janes wouldn't have an even tiny bit of trouble doing a Mariner's Compass - the pieces would be giant-sized compared to what we're working with now.

I'm taking a break and cutting out the corners. I have one row of triangles to cut out, iron to freezer paper and draw around and then the last of the triangles are ready to piece - by hand. I am planning on doing Sylvia's Bridal Sampler after this one, and will probably hand piece & applique it, too. I am really enjoying the hand work for a change. So many projects we do are completed so quickly; finish one, then on to another. I just hope it won't take me another 13 years to complete.

I am going to do it in batiks. I ordered some from Connecting Threads after seeing them up close & personal at quilt guild Thursday evening. The quality is top notch and they have that wonderful, silky batik hand to them. I was worried that because they are so very inexpensive that they would not be like the other batiks, but I was thrilled. Will have to get them a little at a time, but since I'm still working on my Baby, it will be a while before I'm ready to work on a new project.

Have a wonderful coming week.

Kathy
Old 09-12-2010, 01:40 PM
Power Poster

I'm glad to hear you say that about the batiks Kathy. I thought (like you) that the quality wouldn't be what I would be happy with. I'm thinking about the Sylvia too...that one might be fun after I get lots of these projects that are waiting for me.
Old 09-12-2010, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
I'm glad to hear you say that about the batiks Kathy. I thought (like you) that the quality wouldn't be what I would be happy with. I'm thinking about the Sylvia too...that one might be fun after I get lots of these projects that are waiting for me.
Interesting to hear what you are planning to do Kathy, I will have to google that one I donīt think Ihave seen a picture of it.

You too Sandpat. I have another 3 that I canīt make my mind up on which to do first. Decisions, decisions.