Nancy - they look great to me!! one of the ladies of our guild says done=perfect! so there you have it
hope your move and prep goes smoothly and that you can get back to Janey ....are there two of you making 3???
I finished two triangles last night - this week's LS1 and LS11 [wk of Jan13] First, I will show you something my Mom taught me[who I miss dearly and was an absolutely amazing woman and dressmaker] ....
LS1 was not being very cooperative when I tried to attach the top section to the bottom ...the fact the middle piece was missing made it rather wobbly. My Mom taught me to smoothen things out when you layer fabrics for whatever reason you are putting them together - slanted seams in clothing, etc [she wasnt a quilter] and then, when you are happy with the way it lays, baste with long stitches [longer than normal on machine, she usually did this by hand and used two threads in her needle]. Mark the start of each fabric if the edges are not in exactly the same spot. Ease the fabrics apart and carefully clip in between the two fabrics. This leaves a line of thread on both pieces of fabric exactly where you want the seam line to be. I took a few pictures so that you can see what I mean... a good tip for anything you may do requiring exactness that can be frustrating and produce reverse-sewing!
You will also notice I added 4 pieces to LS1 - on either side of the top two print pieces. To me it looked as though Jane had done this and it was left out of the pattern and both blogs.
And here is LS11 - I found the measurements to be so very straightforward - I cut 4 print 1 1/2" squares and 8 - 1 1/2"background squares for the two squares and for either side of the top square, bottom squares, and two print bars near the top [which 1 cut 1" wide x 1 1/2" tall] - I needed a little more height for that top bar and sides and more width for the background to the sides of the lower single print square. I appliqued the top melon and bottom curvy hill on top - no reverse applique even though it is clear that Jane did use reverse on the bottom piece. I thought it was easier than to reverse right up to the seamline. [I'm just glad to have two more tris under my belt!]
Hope it's all understandable!
...still have that BRC to tackle - things keep taking longer than expected and life gets in the way as well!! Your BRC looks awesome, Cindy!! I know what you mean about being nervous to get the size right.... I added a couple inches all the way around and traced part of the outline of the piece from the book directly on the fabric wth fabric marker