Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 >

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Old 05-24-2011, 06:11 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quiltykitty
Originally Posted by Lacelady

wouldn't it be better if the photo pages were just photos?? I know the temptation is to comment on everything [me too
:cry: :oops:
That was my suggestion with the Gallery - so Kathy set up a separate thread for comments on the Gallery, but some people still ignore that. I'm not sure if a moderator could move them - I thought it would be lovely to have just one thread for pics only, but perhaps you and I are the only ones.
May I give a reason it is being ignored? Some of us have extremely slow computers that take forever to move. To look at a pic and then have to go somewhere else to comment about said pic takes too much time. And by then we've forgotten whose block or what we wanted to comment about. Sometimes it takes so long for me to even get a comment posted that I don't try. (Part slow computer, part ISP, ? part slowness of board) I've looked at all the blocks but rarely post a comment. I'm one of those who do not like to flip back and forth. Too confusing for this elder person.[/quote]

Alright! perfect time for me to say again: I have ADHD! and I'm not kidding. I don't ignore...I can't remember!
Dh says I would be lost in a round room...well, of course! duh! :roll:
Sorry, it's not working out the intended way,
but I just can't keep it all straight, so i "talk" right where I am:oops:
Old 05-24-2011, 06:11 PM

Well, here it is after 9 pm and that cake didn't get baked. Neither did I get any more blocks cut out. Too busy keeping up with the weather. Those in Oklahoma just missed my sister, sister-in-law, and two cousins. Then as if that wasn't enough, one tried to form 15 miles from me! I was talking with DD and the radar showed all activity had passed by us and moving east. But, then storms started popping up right over us and 30 miles to the west. Here we go again. Maybe that cake will get baked tomorrow.
Old 05-24-2011, 06:19 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sandpat
Its virtually impossible for there to be a thread on this QB without comments on it. I tried to do that for the Finished IRR2 quilts...that thread isn't overloaded with comments...however..it took me asking the mods to be rude and remove a few things. That doesn't seem right either.

I think that most of the commenting goes on this thread for the AOTH. We do get a little chatty on the separate block threads, but I think that when everyone gets started, each weeks thread will be the most active. At least I hope so...all 36 block threads, + this one, + the gallery + the gallery discussion thread are just tooo much!

But...I can't wait for the group to start!! I can't wait to see what you ALL decide on for your backgrounds!!
I think your right about all of the above, Patti.
If I even understand the original intent...we are supposed to look at a block # fill in the blank - and then come here? or to photo discussion,...or somewhere, and then compliment that person, and they have to go find the comments on their block over yonder on that other thread?
Sorry, y'all, but I get dizzy just trying to think about it.
I know I commented when a thread was started, but that is the way my brain is: I learn...and then I re-learn!
It's up there...I'm not dumb...uh-uh...but I can't access it when it needs to be.
If I have to quilt straight, post straight, talk straight...yada, yada, yada...I might as well call it a done deal...mousie, no can do.
But, I won't do that...cuz nobody wants anybody to do that...just sayin'.... :cry: PLLLLEEEEEEAAASE :cry: , don't expect all that from me....pulling my furry head bald in angst!
Old 05-24-2011, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by Mousie
Originally Posted by Cre8tvlwyr
:) :lol: :roll: :twisted: :P okey doke.... do you know how long it takes to read 147 of these pages because you're afraid you'll miss something?? ...

wouldn't it be better if the photo pages were just photos?? I know the temptation is to comment on everything [me too] :cry: :oops:
you took classes and had tons of training on when to speak and when to hold your tongue, lol...some of us: JUST CAN'T DO IT! lol :lol: :lol: :lol:
maybe for a million fabric bucks...not sure :roll:
I took classes?? haha hehe --actually in my classes no one ever shut up so - I guess they didnt work for any of us :oops:[I assume the comment on my "lawyerness"] ...I can honestly say I dont miss never practicing [I went back to school when my kids were in college & passed the bar the same month my daughter developed this horrific autoimmune disease &mom had a heart attack shortly after]. I actually took medicare secondary payer denials up on appeal & wanted to see changes in health care reform...
you see - Mousie - I ramble too much... :) and I do agree that it is all too tempting not to comment on a great block or quilt so I guess it just wont ever work

on a totally different note - got my first CT pkg today - love the batiks!! not to sure about Mirage fabric though - the coal and indigo came and waiting for the iris .... but I think I'll have to go to LQS cuz I'm not sure about the quality of this Mirage?? anyone used it before? it is so thin compared to others... do I have to drag myself to shop :shock: :-D :thumbup: ;) :roll:
Old 05-25-2011, 12:21 AM

I just receive the following note from Butterflyspain - Elle, I thought perhaps this group of ladies may be interested to read....

"Well I am ın Turkey stıll and may be for some tıme. they have closed the aırspace over Germany and I have to fly over that to get to England and then to Spaın. I have put a message on Lesleyşs page but no one ıs around at the momentç Tell them I am fıne. but ıf thıs ash cloud from the Icelandıc fall out does not clear I may be ın turkey for some tımeç

I am so glad you got the book safelyç Sorry for the mıstakes Turkısh keyboards are very dıfferent.

Take care and I wıll be ın touch through Lesleyşs page from the aırport ıf I get stranded.

Hugs Elle xx"

Cheers, Donna
Old 05-25-2011, 02:33 AM

My book is on its way from Amazon. I have not done any hand applique but I am going to try. Black will be my background and bright colors for the hearts.I plan to make a wall hanging and will enlarge the patterns to make the 10 inch block. The pictures of blocks already completed are just beautiful. :-D
Old 05-25-2011, 03:43 AM

Hi, Lizzy!

I already had you on "the list," but glad you have nailed down your plans for your blocks. We get this show on the road in just a few days - 11, to be exact!!! We'll have a blast once everyone gets working.
Old 05-25-2011, 03:54 AM

Originally Posted by d.rickman
I just receive the following note from Butterflyspain - Elle, I thought perhaps this group of ladies may be interested to read....

"Well I am ın Turkey stıll and may be for some tıme. they have closed the aırspace over Germany and I have to fly over that to get to England and then to Spaın. I have put a message on Lesleyşs page but no one ıs around at the momentç Tell them I am fıne. but ıf thıs ash cloud from the Icelandıc fall out does not clear I may be ın turkey for some tımeç

I am so glad you got the book safelyç Sorry for the mıstakes Turkısh keyboards are very dıfferent.

Take care and I wıll be ın touch through Lesleyşs page from the aırport ıf I get stranded.

Hugs Elle xx"

Cheers, Donna
Thanks Donna r sharing.

Elle, hope you are enjoying Turkey.
Old 05-25-2011, 03:55 AM

Originally Posted by Mousie
Originally Posted by sandpat
Its virtually impossible for there to be a thread on this QB without comments on it. I tried to do that for the Finished IRR2 quilts...that thread isn't overloaded with comments...however..it took me asking the mods to be rude and remove a few things. That doesn't seem right either.

I think that most of the commenting goes on this thread for the AOTH. We do get a little chatty on the separate block threads, but I think that when everyone gets started, each weeks thread will be the most active. At least I hope so...all 36 block threads, + this one, + the gallery + the gallery discussion thread are just tooo much!

But...I can't wait for the group to start!! I can't wait to see what you ALL decide on for your backgrounds!!
I think your right about all of the above, Patti.
If I even understand the original intent...we are supposed to look at a block # fill in the blank - and then come here? or to photo discussion,...or somewhere, and then compliment that person, and they have to go find the comments on their block over yonder on that other thread?
Sorry, y'all, but I get dizzy just trying to think about it.
I know I commented when a thread was started, but that is the way my brain is: I learn...and then I re-learn!
It's up there...I'm not dumb...uh-uh...but I can't access it when it needs to be.
If I have to quilt straight, post straight, talk straight...yada, yada, yada...I might as well call it a done deal...mousie, no can do.
But, I won't do that...cuz nobody wants anybody to do that...just sayin'.... :cry: PLLLLEEEEEEAAASE :cry: , don't expect all that from me....pulling my furry head bald in angst!
Oh poor Mousie..., you know I wasn't even aware of that rule so I am sure I have been an offender too. :oops:
Old 05-25-2011, 05:33 AM
Power Poster

Ya'll...there is NO rule!! Don't worry about breaking anything!!

Now, lets get back to the fun!

Welcome Lizzy!

Cre8...I haven't used the Mirage, don't know what it feels like, so I can't really help you there. I did buy a stack of their batiks. I think they will work fine and I'm using them for some of the pieces (they actually work better for some of the scrolls because they are thinner), but I wouldn't use any of them for the background or borders. JMHO.