Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 12-22-2015, 11:00 AM

I just sat in my chair all day yesterday & hand quilted. I woke th'smornin' feeling just wonderful! I do have a li'le cough but nothing that'd slow me down. Went out w/DH th'smornin' before the stores got busy & picked up our last 4 presents.I am not gonna take any chances for the rest of the day so I'm just gonna sit in the chair the rest of the day.
Old 12-22-2015, 12:04 PM

Sounds like a good idea, Dublb.

I had plans to go out, but DH did not feel good, he can hardly move with pain in his hips. Nothing that important, so will rest at home. We did have heavy fog this morning, but it has 'burned off' later in the morning.
Old 12-22-2015, 06:11 PM

Friends of ours just left--on their trike. Who ever heard of riding a motorcycle in Pennsylvania on December 22??? It was 62* today and supposed to be 70* Wednesday & Thursday. I'm so happy!! I think I've mentioned how much I hate snow LOL.

I'm achey & sore--I cleaned all day. Not used to all the bending and twisting to polish furniture. Damn--I'll have to do it again next Christmas!
Old 12-22-2015, 06:32 PM
Power Poster

Damp weather brings on the arthritic pain, QNS....don't ask me how I know...
Glad to hear you're breathing better, Bev

Worked solo today and tomorrow...slow, everyone is getting ready for Christmas, but sewed an a small quilt by Pam Buda in reds....using 1.25" cuts in a checkerboard block. Here's link to the pattern
http://siterepository.s3.amazonaws.c...red_lo_res.jpg

Cheered the Cyclones onto a win tonight..a close one...

Wishing you all A Merry Christmas...May Peace find you in all you do...G
Old 12-22-2015, 06:34 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by janrn View Post
friends of ours just left--on their trike. Who ever heard of riding a motorcycle in pennsylvania on december 22??? It was 62* today and supposed to be 70* wednesday & thursday. I'm so happy!! I think i've mentioned how much i hate snow lol.

I'm achey & sore--i cleaned all day. Not used to all the bending and twisting to polish furniture. Damn--i'll have to do it again next christmas!

:d:d:d.......
Old 12-22-2015, 08:47 PM

I like the starburst one. What tiny pieces those must be! I'd like to make a red/white quilt someday. On my to-do list.
Old 12-23-2015, 05:43 AM

Me too, givio. Only a Queen sized, not a mini. Two colored quilts. One red and white; one blue and white or cream; and one green and cream. Simple traditional patterns.

Meanwhile there are four or five Stack n Whack queen sized quilts to be cut out in the QR. Patterns are copied and put with each tote of fabrics. Next will be cutting out all the fabric and storing the 'kit' for each one. Lessons coming up on the 13th of January ata LQS to see how Quilter 6+5 does her wonderful job of Stack n Whack. Looking forward to those classes.
Old 12-23-2015, 06:12 AM

Just wanted to say "Merry Christmas" to all. I check in when I can, but not on the boards much or in my craft room. My current project is quilting/filling a weighted quilt. They are something used to help sooth special needs kids, especially those with autism. Some on my homeschool group were asking about them, so I thought I would make one to see what it is like/how much work they are....maybe have a "lender" quilt so they can try it out before investing as the beads they're filled with are a little pricy. Just 2 blocks left (of those I am making) on my 50 Fabulous Star blocks and then I will be assembling two quilts from those (alternating blocks are done/ready). Going to tour a long arm dealer/factory (Nolting) on Tuesday with a friend. Once DD's braces are paid off, I can see one of those in my future!
Old 12-23-2015, 02:24 PM

Wonderful news Carrie! Enjoy it for me, too! I have heard they are wonderful Long Arm machines.
Old 12-25-2015, 05:34 AM

Merry Christmas. It's a beautiful morning here, sunny and warm (no snow-yay!). Hope everyone enjoys their day with family and friends. It's just MrJan and I today so I imagine I'll get to watch him take a few Christmas naps and maybe take one myself.

I wish you peace & joy for the coming year.