Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 08-28-2013, 05:39 PM

GardenGal, the CD arrived. Its an older format, or something, 'cause its not loading automatic or with a wizard...dd will try to help tomorrow. Unless it goes directly into the embroidery program...language is exp. for the Deco.

Tomorrow is another day.
Old 08-29-2013, 12:46 AM

Great blocks DD! I just read a postman here in the Netherlands didn't deliver part of the mail for 3 years ! ! ! Kept it all in his house. At least it's still there!

Here is some more eye candy. I'm not so pleased with this as you can imagine. I have no idea how to get rid of them, I don't want to kill them to be honest. So I just might let them eat
[ATTACH=CONFIG]432849[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 29.08.2013-712-x-495-.jpg  
Old 08-29-2013, 04:30 AM

QNS...here is an address with the machines they design for and SW they use. It might help your DD. I know that the designed work on Janome. http://srvr18.ud.net/hatchedinafrica/index.html. I hope you can get it working.

Anael...you could brush them into a jar of soapy water. They are varocious feeders.

Old 08-29-2013, 04:54 AM

I removed about 30 of them, some are trying to crawl back
Just came back from my bike ride. I didn't do that for a couple of days because I didn't feel too well but today was the day again
Here's a picture I took, maybe one of you will know what this is/was.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]432861[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 29.08.2013-912-x-684-.jpg  
Old 08-29-2013, 05:59 AM

DD & Mirabelle what colorful eye candy Pretty blocks!!!

Anael, the fuzzy thing is a pod of some sort that has burst open to spread it's seeds...we have milk weed in the field next door and looks similar to that...The catipillar? starts out as a moth and is now eating your plants...put on some rubber gloves and pick them off...you don't feel them so much that way.... My sister gave me some basil & parsley stems..I put them in water on the counter and couldn't figure out what all the black stuff was that was on the counter underneath the plants....I took a good look in the foilage and there were all these tiny beautiful black & bright yellow things...they were so pretty...I put the herbs on the back steps outside and let them eat away...There will be nothing left of the plant if you don't remove them..put them in a bucket of water and let nature do the rest...

I finally realized why I can't seem to get anything done..DH distracts me all day long...

Last edited by Honchey; 08-29-2013 at 06:12 AM.
Old 08-29-2013, 06:11 AM
Power Poster

Anael--looks like a thistle plant! It's been hot hot hot here. DIL and I are going to neighbors and picking some sweet corn later. Guess I have a full day ahead of me.
Old 08-29-2013, 06:11 AM

Thanks Honchey. I did remove most of them already. I had a look on the internet and I read the kale will grow back once they're done. I will remove more if I have to.

I thought that fuzzy thing might have been (or I should say still is) a thistle.
Old 08-29-2013, 09:03 AM

Yes, it does look like thistle...the shape is different from milk weed pods...they are prickly aren't they???

Lookee, Lookee what I found in the mail today!!!!!

A perfectly pretty MB star from Dublb...she sent it Priority mail!!! I guess she wanted to make sure it got here!!!!
I should have taken a photo of the back...all the little intersections have be pressed open to make little checkerboards...How cute!!! the corners have been mitred also...such detail!!! I love it!
Attached Thumbnails 001.jpg  
Old 08-29-2013, 09:14 AM

Isn't it a beauty? I love the way it's floating
Old 08-29-2013, 10:11 AM

Honchey, beautiful star that Dublb made for you.

OK, do I need canning salt when I can de-boned chicken? We did not have any roosters, now we have too many, so tomorrow we start with five young roosters, de-bone the meat, and pack it into quart sized jars and process for 90 minutes at ten pounds. Morton salt I had on hand developed worms in it; never hear of it before, so dh went out on internet and discovered Morton had closed their main plant and subleased the salt process out to other places. Every one is finding the larvae and worms in the salt now. After the Spring Roosters are finished, then we start on the year old hens that are not laying eggs. I always leave the salt out when I can do so; no salt in any of the sweet corn; no sugar in any of the fruit. It can be added later, but its hard to take out of the canned or cooked food.