Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 01-06-2013, 10:35 AM

Anael--don't worry one bit about your BBs "matching"! The point of these blocks are for them to help us remember our time "on the trail"....they will be a fun sampler quilt.

QE--I will just have to wait and see what my Janome dealer gets in. She is having a sale on her 7700s, that makes them only a couple hundred more than a used one, so we'll see if they are still on sale when I have enough money saved for the bigger machine....it really might be a better idea in the long run to go bigger. What kind of table did you get with your machine?
Old 01-06-2013, 10:58 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Anael View Post
I was working on my BB blocks today and was wondering if they will match what you all made. Fabric choices are hard to make when you have no idea so I hope I made the right ones!

Holiday to S16 land will have to wait as I have to save some money both for the holiday and the S16 Spain would be nice, I could drive down there, will take a few days but hey, it's a holiday
Hey ... now there's a holiday plan to make!
Or ... you could order it online and have it sent to you?
(Granny59 ordered her last machine from UK and shipped to Switzerland!! )

As for fabrics ... I'm grateful for whatever arrives, and that'll be part of the fun of the swap ... to figure out how to put them all together!

hhmmmmmm .... maybe we'll all be putting OKSGlad to work with her magic computer and EQ!!!
Old 01-06-2013, 11:21 AM
Power Poster

CarrieM ... if it's only a $200 I'd sure be going for it. I thought I had all the space in the world when I jumped to the 6600. Silly me! Once I got using it, I thought, oh my another 2" would be so much nicer. Granted, one of the enticements of the Bernina is that it's even bigger than the 7700! Check what warranty you get with the used vs. new ... and maybe you'd sooner have a new one? Yes, more $ ... but this could be your forever machine, so worth it in the end

I went off searching for a table pic and here's the best I could find ...
http://nanaimo.kijiji.ca/c-ViewAdLar...AdId=445015241
This is the 6600 table ... nothing fancy but it's heavy and solid.
What I was disappointed in, was the lack of storage. One teeny-tiny drawer.
It has a hole for the knee lift bar to go thru. Also, a hole to reach into your machine to drop the feed dogs.
Since then I've seen other fancier tables with storage, but honestly, they were no where near as solid and stable.
I've dealt with the storage issue and have created a circle of drawers around me with other furniture I have and am quite happy with it.

I believe the 7700 has virtually the same table. Likewise the new 8200 and 8900.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:43 AM

QuiltE, I could order it online but that would mean I don't have the possibility to test it before buying. What if I don't like it after all? I can't send it back! And I know no one who has a S16.
I wrote HandiQuilter customer service twice but never received an answer, so much for service
Old 01-06-2013, 11:56 AM
Power Poster

True!
And if you buy it online .... you wouldn't be able to have that holiday!
Old 01-06-2013, 12:36 PM

True also But I can go on a holiday without buying a S16
Old 01-06-2013, 12:59 PM

Regarding the sewing table - check out this link to Bonnie Hunter's site. She buys a Sewing Mate Plexiglass Table that is adjustable for any machine.

http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2012/...e-in-mail.html

They are fully adjustable! However it is not a cabinet like the one above.

Last edited by JeanieG; 01-06-2013 at 01:02 PM.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:48 PM

Anael, I bought my Sweet16 on line. I checked with a local dealer and all they had was used in the store for demo--didn't trust it and it cost just $500 less than new. It cost less for me to have it shipped from California than to buy one here in Pennsylvania due to taxes and shipping added here. I never used one before mine showed up at my door. All it does is FMQ. There are no feed dogs, no pressure foot (has a hopping/darning foot). If you can FMQ (which I suck at) you can work a Sweet16. There's no maintenance-just a drop of oil in bobbin case.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:53 PM

Thanks Jan! I can FMQ but I'm still no good at it, at least that's what I think. I have to have a piggy bank and start saving. Last year I showed the picture to my dealer and he told me he could do the maintenance if I ever would buy one.
I'm off to bed now, it's 11.52 pm here! CU all tomorrow
Old 01-06-2013, 03:27 PM
Power Poster

psssssssst .... practice practice practice!

.............says she who needs a LOT of practice practice practice ... but I'm all fo anything that's going to make that EASIER!! So good for you JanRN for jumping into it with trust, faith and ...... gusto!