Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 01-10-2014, 03:08 PM

QuiltE were you reading my mind I was going to suggest we all fess up and write down a list of our ufo's that we have (I'm a list kind of girl) and pick one and work on it to completion. With a cheer square we are sure to accomplish a lot. Oh and I don't mean the BOM's we are currently working on, I mean blocks, tops and PHD's in the deep dark recesses of our cupboards

GrannyQ it is lovely to hear from you, you and your DH are in my prayers, please keep us up to date.

I posted my Scrappy Stars to the longarmer on Thursday, she rang me yesterday (Friday) to discuss design and thread and has just rang me 8.30am Saturday to say it is finished yay. Will pick it up next Friday when I am in town then next weekend the binding will go on and I will have my first finish for 2014. Yesterday I cut block 10 for Out of the Darkness and managed to sew a 5 inch square together which had 26 pieces in it, there are a gazillion pieces in this block so that is what I will be doing today, and listening to the wonderful sound of rain...
Old 01-10-2014, 04:03 PM

The surgeons office closed today because of bad weather and never bothered to call me...I now have to wait until Tuesday to see him...Grrrrrr....

It seems to me that quite a few of us are in a state of mind where we need some recharging and the best solution to that is to take a break from any group effort right now and work on things that we need/want to do..we can have a sort of show & tell of what's doing in our sewing room...

I'm working for the next three days being I can't leave to go south...I don't remember if I mentioned that...
Old 01-10-2014, 07:18 PM

There are sections A,B,C and D for this Out of the Darkness block.

This is section A, it as taken me hooouuurrrrssss to make
Attached Thumbnails dscf0785.jpg  
Old 01-10-2014, 07:26 PM

First I want ta say how much ya'll mean ta me. I come here several times a day & read what Ya'll are doin'. & the last place I come is here. I know I don't post ta each o' ya like I used ta but know that I'm goin' through all o' your lives w/ya. HUGGS! If we do nothin' tagether I'll still come & catch up w/ya'll. I do like the idea o' listin' what we are doin' & git 'em done tagether.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:27 PM

Oh Mirabelle - you have many of my beloved "fusions" in this quilt. I just love how they are playing out. QuiltE will be in heaven too!!!

OK Mirabelle - I'll make a list of what I have to work on! I'll have three more to add to the list before too long! (MB, Spike Blocks, Celtic Solstice Quilt)

Last edited by JeanieG; 01-10-2014 at 07:31 PM.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:50 PM

I love the no stress or pressure or time dead line times. Yes, I have my lists too, its not changed that much. Irish Mist, two versions, 50 Stars, which I love doing one a week, ON and OFF Sylvia Wedding Sampler, and Dear Jane, two versions will be a big challenge to work on. Mix in finishing the MB and SYEs and 10 to 15 other projects in the quilting room.

Mirabelle, I love your block you are doing so well on; bit envious of your talent, but so happy you have found a challenge to do.

For shame, Honchey, they should have called you that the appointment was changed. But maybe you will have fun at work and see something great you can tell all of us about. At least, the weather has improved.
Old 01-10-2014, 09:11 PM
Power Poster

GrannyQ ... it is so good to hear from you and I wish you continued good progress. Here's hoping that your DH can tolerate this next round of chemo better than the last one. My thoughts, wishes and prayers will continue to be with the two of you for progress. It's good to see you feeling up to doing some sewing. I hope it helps to bring you peace, amidst all that you are both dealing with.

MiraB ... Gee that was fast turnaround on your quilt. Amazing, indeed! Was this the same LA'er who did your PC. I'll be looking forward to seeing what she did with this one, for you! Heck, I thought you were the mindreader!!!! ooooooooooooh my OOYD is absolutely beautiful. I remember you showing us some of it before, but I had totally forgotten. Looks like it might be all Fusions? The colours are beautiful.

JeanieG ... I see you were here and beat me to spying the Fusions delight!

Honchey ... oh dear, how annoying that the appointment was cancelled and your departure delayed. Good for you for taking those shifts ... some FART and fun $$ for you!

Worked on that latest backing ..... and then shifted gears to play with DJ!
Old 01-10-2014, 09:38 PM

Not all fusions I have added in some batiks for the variations in colour, just finished section B and have started on section C and made a mistake already, now where is my seam ripper
Old 01-10-2014, 09:50 PM

DS has just left I am going to blame him for distracting me

Here are sections A and B all joined I am halfway there on this block
Attached Thumbnails dscf0786.jpg  
Old 01-10-2014, 10:52 PM

Mirabelle, it's going to be stunning but oh boy what a lot of work!!! Did you cut everything before you started or do you cut the pieces for each block? According to Pam Bono's book you should cut everything before starting and that's what holding me back.

Honchey, that's really annoying going there only to find out they're closed I had it the other way round; cancelled an appointment I had and the company never bothered to tell the mechanic. He had to drive about 150 km on icy roads to get here and I had to tell him I cancelled it. He was not pleased.