Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The FWS Quilt-Along  Update Page >

The FWS Quilt-Along Update Page

The FWS Quilt-Along Update Page

Old 01-16-2012, 09:53 AM
Power Poster

Hey there, JanRN ... keep remembering, I don't have a life!!! .... no husband, no kids, no parents, no hired hands, no farm ... leaves me with a lot of time on my hands! Now if I had all those others, well ... you get the picture!

First of all, remember I had not sewn all week. And second, that r of those blocks were done before I started this weekend. So that means I only did 7

The crazy thoughts are waning with reality and sensability. I'm somewhat getting to the point where I want to get it done!! Last night, I truly could not see the trees for the forest of blocks ... and had no clue what fabrics/colours I had and which I needed to add into the whole lot. I fear that if I extend that project, I may come to hate it and you know what happens at that point ... UFO'itis!

Last night I also started to fear that my green was not right for the sashing. I think I'd better stop talking and listening to myself. hhmmmmmm?? a sure symptom of the "not a life"!!
Old 01-16-2012, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
Alas! I crossed the 100 marker .... and have just posted blocks #91 thru 100 for those interested.

Yesterday was to be Pony Club day, though I never got there. I did some cooking, baking and laundry and then went back to FWS instead. Now I'm starting to think about setting PC aside til I get all the FWS done, being that I'm so close to the end. Last night I was choosing fabrics for the next blocks and felt like I was going cross eyed. While I have all the blocks on my design wall, I just couldn't "see" what fabrics/colours, I'd used too much or too little. Or what I needed to get in there to make it all blend together. arrggggghhhhhhh!!!!!!!

And then ... am I crazy? I'm starting to think of doing a "few" more blocks, so my FWS can be square! NUTS?
Take a photo of your design wall and print it, also put it on your desktop so you can look at it in a different situation. This really helped me when I was moving those FWS blocks around, and around, and around!! LOL
Old 01-16-2012, 12:13 PM
Power Poster

I think I'd better stop talking and listening to myself. hhmmmmmm?? a sure symptom of the "not a life"!!
Oh, what's my excuse? Kids, cows, and chaos!!!
Taking a break from tax prep--happy dance W2's and Fed Deposits balance!! Going to check some pics and then back to the salt mine!
Old 01-16-2012, 12:31 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
I think I'd better stop talking and listening to myself. hhmmmmmm?? a sure symptom of the "not a life"!!
Oh, what's my excuse? Kids, cows, and chaos!!!
Taking a break from tax prep--happy dance W2's and Fed Deposits balance!! Going to check some pics and then back to the salt mine!
You HAVE a LIFE!!!
And don't forget to add in there ... all your volunteerism!

Thankfully DH was NOT included in that list ... a good sign!!
Yes, amidst all that number crunching, you definitely need a "study break" once in awhile. NO not just need, you DESERVE it! I used to say, I was coming out for air!!!
Old 01-30-2012, 08:18 PM
Power Poster

Now that I have the blocks all made, I thought I'd show you what they look like on my design wall.
They're pretty tight, not spaced for the sashings.
I haven't done any arranging ... they're all in numerical order so far.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]307730[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails fws1-113c.jpg  

Last edited by QuiltE; 01-30-2012 at 08:21 PM.
Old 01-30-2012, 08:53 PM

Now that I have the blocks all made, I thought I'd show you what they look like on my design wall.

Quilt E, they look fabulous! I see you have a Maple Leaf right in the center!
Old 01-30-2012, 10:51 PM

Those look so great together. Isn't it just a relief to finally say you have them all done! Not that you did not enjoy making every one of them. LOL Now onward to Pony Club! I'm looking forward to seeing your blocks!
Old 01-31-2012, 01:14 AM

Quilt E, I love your blocks! Beautiful colours and such accurate work. Have fun piecing them together.
Granny
Old 01-31-2012, 07:49 AM
Power Poster

Wow is just an understatement and it's not finished yet! Nicky noticed the maple leaf front and center. I had to look for our 4-H block! When final placement you should put it close to the center as well. You have a nice balance of colors as well as values as we look at it today.
Old 01-31-2012, 08:51 AM

I'm in awe!! What beautiful blocks. You really have a nice balance of colors--this is going to be a fantastic quilt!! I can't believe you did it so fast and so well. You are a rock star, QE!!