Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Just Takes 2 Quilt-Along!

Hi
    I too am making this quilt but in the red and white color combo. the orange and tourquoise will be stunning as well as the scrappy.
    Lisa

Quote Originally Posted by DoriDeS View Post
    Hey I am doing this quilt ) Just finished the 3rd block today. I am doing a block a day as soon as I get the patterns. I am using scraps....I can't seem to throw anything away so my blocks are white's and creams for the back ground fabrics and I have tons of scraps for the colored parts. So far my blocks are way way pretty....can't wait to get more block patterns )
    I want to do this too. The site said get a friend and the TWO of you do this together. My bestest sister here (Dori) is doing great! I'm laggin WAY behind. But Dori is my inspiration! Love you Sista!!
    SheriR~
    2.5" stamp swap! Come join the fun.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...p-t250047.html
    From Grandma's closet quilt album: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums18788.html
    ~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

I've finished all the first blocks except for the embroidery. I'm doing mine using black & white prints and solid white.

Oh my gosh you can never have enough fabric lolol I say "GO SHOPPING" and "START SEWING" LOLOL

Quote Originally Posted by Cottage Dee View Post
    Hi Dori, Me too...I have way too many scraps, but I'm in FL until mid=March, so I'm collecting the patterns, (but, the urge is there to get started, know what I mean? Might have to buy a little fabric to get started.....) ah, well..... isn't that the way it goes? But what we've been given so far makes me think this will be a great quilt!
    There's only one true happiness in life ... to love and be loved )

You know that you are the bestest sister ever for getting me started on yet another project lolololol HELLOOOOOO Sista!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SheriR View Post
    I want to do this too. The site said get a friend and the TWO of you do this together. My bestest sister here (Dori) is doing great! I'm laggin WAY behind. But Dori is my inspiration! Love you Sista!!

tutt you scared me!!! "WHAT EMBROIDERY????" Whew went back and looked at my instructions and it says Just Takes 2 does not include any embroidery......I hope I am doing this right lololol

Quote Originally Posted by tutt View Post
    I've finished all the first blocks except for the embroidery. I'm doing mine using black & white prints and solid white.

Finished size says 72 x 90 inches )

Quote Originally Posted by Cottage Dee View Post
    BTW, does anyone know the finished size of JT2?

I do have pictures I just don't know how to post pictures lolol

Quote Originally Posted by brookemarie19 View Post
    I am going to be using the kona cream muslin as it was pretty thick and just the right price (as I am supposed to be using stash this year and had to sneak it by lol) For my color, I am using black as I know I have at least 3 yards of black and hope I have more hiding around here somewhere...
    I love the idea of it being done in scraps! Dori, do you have any pics? I would love to see it!

Ok here are my "Just Takes 2" blocks 1 - 2 - 3 )
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Well shoot! I really didn't plan to do this quilt........however I did print the the pattern from the 1st instalement, .......but after seeing the scrappy blocks (scrappy is my favorite!) I may just have to go get to work!! What ever is a gal supposed to do! I have so many projects started, needing to be finished and then I start another? I'm 75 years old. I hope I live long enough to finish at least a few more! But its soooo much fun "starting" a new project!!

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast