Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 21 of 71 FirstFirst ... 11 20 21 22 31 ... LastLast

Thread: Orca Bay Mystery Quilt-Along

Just wanted to say hello to everyone..... I am also plugging away at this mystery quilt, and I am having a blast! I completed step two but haven't quite finished step one yet.

Unfortunately, I developed a severe case of shoulder bursitis from all the cutting :0( Had a cortisone injection this morning, but I don't think I'll get much accomplished this week. I hope that next week will be better!
    I am a homeschool mom to four little ladies, a prayerful wonderer and marveller, a spirit-filled dancer, a meek and mighty warrior, and a friend to many small creatures. Nice to meet you!

Blog Entries
    Wholeheart Mom, so glad you are joining us. Be sure to take care of yourself, there is a lot of cutting on step 3 also.
    Sadiemae

I know there are many different ways to make almost any piece for this quilt but just thought I would suggest one that works for me. I cut a bunch of 3.5 inch squares for the first step and had a bunch left over. If you sew around the outside using a .25 inch seam allowance you can then cut them diagonally and come out with four HST. Goes really quick and uses up all the left overs.

Blog Entries
    I have all my qst sewn but only about 70 ironed and trimmed. I figure I can work on that part as I go along. Part 2, I have 30 finished and squared up and the rest are started. I just saw 350 hst triangles for part 3!! Oh my goodness! well, a little bit at a time and I will get there lol

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by debbiewi View Post
    I have all my qst sewn but only about 70 ironed and trimmed. I figure I can work on that part as I go along. Part 2, I have 30 finished and squared up and the rest are started. I just saw 350 hst triangles for part 3!! Oh my goodness! well, a little bit at a time and I will get there lol
    I think after doing 600 hst last year for the RRCB mystery, 350 should be a breeze. And some people on the yahoo group did 2 of the RRCB mystery last year, that was 1200 hst.
    Sadiemae

I just can't picture what this step is supposed to look like. Do we take the current little blocks from step one and do something to them? Or make more? I'm so visually lost on this step. Can someone please post a photo of the goal we're aiming for?
    Absolutely nothing accomplished.
    The perfect day for a panda...

Quote Originally Posted by SaraSewing View Post
    I just can't picture what this step is supposed to look like. Do we take the current little blocks from step one and do something to them? Or make more? I'm so visually lost on this step. Can someone please post a photo of the goal we're aiming for?
    This is entirely new step. Bonnie does this! She just keeps adding steps and you really have no clue where they are going until the last few clues. The blocks you did in step one were quarter square triangles (QST) sewn together to make blocks (4 sections). This new step is half square triangles (HST) sewn together (2 sections). See the picture on the very top of her instructions under Orca Bay, Part 3. That is what they look like. Just 2 triangles sewn together to make a square. Hope that helps you!

Quote Originally Posted by JeanieG View Post
    This is entirely new step. Bonnie does this! She just keeps adding steps and you really have no clue where they are going until the last few clues. The blocks you did in step one were quarter square triangles (QST) sewn together to make blocks (4 sections). This new step is half square triangles (HST) sewn together (2 sections). See the picture on the very top of her instructions under Orca Bay, Part 3. That is what they look like. Just 2 triangles sewn together to make a square.
    Thank you. Once you put it in plain language, it's simple. Those initials confuse me, and she put the photo at the beginning, not the end. So I was just not tracking. Thanks for helping me to see what was in front of my face.
    Absolutely nothing accomplished.
    The perfect day for a panda...

Here is the link for part 3. http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2011/...ay-part-3.html

Still working on part 1. But I have collected the fabrics for part 2.

Sweet Caroline

I am home, woo hoo! I already took a quick look at what I have and don't have enough of any colors to complete this quilt, good news I have a good reason to go fabric shopping so this project must wait a while, I am printing the clues and will start it as I get caught up here with the madness I have going on The good thing about starting late is that I can cheat from all of you

Candi
    "Kindness is the oil that smooths the frictions in life"
    My etsy Store:
    www.itssewyoudear.etsy.com

Page 21 of 71 FirstFirst ... 11 20 21 22 31 ... LastLast