Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/%5Bdear%5D-jane-stickle-cyber-block-party-jan-2010-thru-may-jun-2011-a-t28063.html)

luvmortherest 12-02-2009 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by kluedesigns
sorry for not being here much today. i've been locked in a room sorting all the dear jane christmas swap blocks.

your forgiven and i am jelous :twisted:

kosmos 12-02-2009 07:41 PM

sorry for not being here much today. i've been locked in a room sorting all the dear jane christmas swap blocks.

Don't over due we can wait. Take care of your knee.

kluedesigns 12-02-2009 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by kosmos

Don't over due we can wait. Take care of your knee.

LOL

its my eyes that are going. i had to take a break because they keep watering up, the blocks are just so beautiful.

i'm one of those people who cries from looking at beautiful art.

BlueChicken 12-02-2009 07:58 PM

its my eyes that are going. i had to take a break because they keep watering up, the blocks are just so beautiful.

Tell the truth, you're crying because you can't find an excuse to hang onto all those blocks! ;-)

kluedesigns 12-02-2009 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by BlueChicken

Tell the truth, you're crying because you can't find an excuse to hang onto all those blocks! ;-)

its just terrible to have to give them up but they're going to good homes.

its like giving away puppies or kitties :lol:

BlueChicken 12-02-2009 08:06 PM

its like giving away puppies or kitties :lol:

I have trouble giving those up too! LOL

MoodyKim 12-03-2009 07:02 AM

[quote=Janstar]There are around 25 yds of the muslin on a bolt.

Janstar Thank you, 20 - 25 yards of background is what I was thinking I would get. I don't want to run short and I know PP takes more!

:)

MoodyKim 12-03-2009 07:11 AM

Klue I like the dark DJ Quilts, I am having trouble finding blue. LQS has black, white or cream. When I told her I was making a DJ and wanted blue, she said that you can't do that it has to be white or cream. :) I am still LOL because it is my quilt and I will make it for me the way I want it :!:

Sheree from Chicago 12-03-2009 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by MoodyKim
Klue I like the dark DJ Quilts, I am having trouble finding blue. LQS has black, white or cream. When I told her I was making a DJ and wanted blue, she said that you can't do that it has to be white or cream. :) I am still LOL because it is my quilt and I will make it for me the way I want it :!:

Does my mom work at your LQS?

Tiffany 12-03-2009 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by Janstar
There are around 25 yds of the muslin on a bolt. That's more than we'll need but it is good to have on hand for backing other quilts. Plus it's all in the same dye lot which can be very important. Regular fabric has about 15 yds to a bolt. Prices vary place to place but mine is $2.99 a yard. Quilter's lament: 'You can always use it for something!'

If you are buying fabric from Joann's, there is only about 7-8 yards per bolt. I have bought a few bolts from them and there never is more than that on there.

Originally Posted by MoodyKim

Oh, people like that drive me crazy! We had a teacher come in and teach a class & 99% of the people thought she was horrible because she insisted everyone use her color way. Just think of how boring it would be if we all used the same patterns and the same colors. Bleh!