Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   2012-2013 Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Party Pictures and Discussion (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/2012-2013-dear-jane-stickle-2d-cyber-party-pictures-discussion-t175669.html)

Geri B 05-09-2012 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Jeanine (Post 5205089)
Welcome Geri B
We are not purists here. Do whatever color scheme you like, make them a little larger, smaller, whatever pleases you.

Well, thanks for the welcome....I am on my way to buying the software and when it comes in and I install it, I will be back here....you all will probably be finished and I will be just beginning, but I will have all of your comments from this board to help me along....thanks...bye for now

Jeanine 05-09-2012 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Geri B (Post 5205235)
Well, thanks for the welcome....I am on my way to buying the software and when it comes in and I install it, I will be back here....you all will probably be finished and I will be just beginning, but I will have all of your comments from this board to help me along....thanks...bye for now

I got sidetracked by life so I only have 2 weeks done. So you have a chance of bypassing me.

Anael 05-10-2012 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by Geri B (Post 5205074)
I just purchased the book Dear Jane and I am guessing this is the board for devotees..........please PM me and direct me on how to reach you on a regular basis.........I would like to order the DJ software to make creating these blocks a bit easier and I would also like to make them a bit bigger as I am really not a miniaturist......am I breaking a cardinal rule by doing this??????Any advise would be greatly appreciated...thanks all

Welcome Geri B! I am making 9" Dear Jane blocks for another quilt so no rules :D

Geri B 05-10-2012 05:12 AM

I did three simpler of the DJs on my eq at 6"finished, and printed out templates/foundation pieces...will give it a whirl today sometime. Also went to my local Office Max to have the book spiral bound-I like to do that to my quilting books...so much easier to "work with". Well, bad experience.. it was 7:30pm, store totally empty except employees...girl at counter gave me eyes in the headlites when I made my request, checked with her co-worker(?), came back and said pick up tomorrow about the same time.....way too busy to do now....no papers, no copy machines running....dah...so I just picked up my book and said I would find another place to get it done while I wait....he(co-worker) said, yah, I'm way too busy...and I said well, you better get hussling honey!!!!!! So today my chore is to find another place to spiral bind my book. But, I did complain on Office Max website last nite......

GV09 05-10-2012 06:32 AM

Hello, Geri B!
Welcome!
I only get 20 blocks, I'm in the "lane" slow and only I am in week 6.
So hope that you go long very soon!
A strong hug!

Fraew 05-10-2012 10:24 AM

Welcome Geri! Simple binding task...awful experience! Don't they realize you have exciting work to do? :)

Good luck finding another place and puleeeease share your pics when you can.

CindyA 05-11-2012 02:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]334494[/ATTACH]

B-7 World Series

Geri B 05-11-2012 05:18 AM

Question: Page 151 bottom triangle pic and diagram don't seem to match at all!!!!!! Does anyone have an answer to this? Are there anymore of these mistakes? I have been "studying" these pics/diagrams all morning and am trying to see the quickest/easiest way to do each one-if there is such a thing. Looking at some of these blocks, I wonder how in the world she constructed hers. Some look like she just sewed one piece of fabric to another hunk of fabric, then cut into some design and then sewed it to another piece........oh, well we will never know.......yesterday I did do 3 blocks (6 1/2") and there too wondered how she manages some of these in such a small space???? Don't you wonder what she was thinking when she did this quilt. I think as I do this-I may shelf it before it is finished-I am going to keep a journal of how I have done each of these...just for my own reference...certainly not for duplication...this is a one time "do".......

hex nut 05-11-2012 06:47 AM

6 Attachment(s)
Nice block Cindy! It has great circlular motion in both fabrics and the design.

Here are a few more blocks I've done... (a12 b5 and b6)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]334537[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]334538[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]334540[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]334541[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]334542[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]334543[/ATTACH]

Jeanine 05-11-2012 10:15 AM

Hex nut. I really like that green and black. Looks like stained glass to me. Pops out at you.