Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/50-fab-paper-pieced-stars-t171784.html)

meanmom 09-25-2012 01:42 PM

Nicky I like yours with and without the sashing. I think I like it a little more with the sashing. I am still trying to decide on my sashing. I finished North Dakota and Ohio last night. Some day I will catch up. I have pictures to post and I laid all of my blocks out. I am loving it. Will try to post later. Camera and pictures are upstairs and I am in the recliner downstairs. Too lazy to walk up there right now.

PokerDiva 09-26-2012 05:47 AM

Nicky, you have another beautiful block in RI. Wish I could fabrics together the way you do.

whitepine 09-26-2012 09:12 AM

Ditto that.

nickylsf 09-27-2012 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by whitepine (Post 5542623)
Ditto that.

Ladies, you are too kind. Your blocks are just as pretty as mine. :)

PokerDiva 09-30-2012 04:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Whoo Hoo ladies. Can you see the light at the end of the tunnel? Only 10 more to go. I kinda like the way this one turned out. My #40 South Carolina.....

SheriR 09-30-2012 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by PokerDiva (Post 5551342)
Whoo Hoo ladies. Can you see the light at the end of the tunnel? Only 10 more to go. I kinda like the way this one turned out. My #40 South Carolina.....

Omgosh! I have told you before I love your blocks so much. LOVE! It's stunning. I have been in awe at all the colors and shades of colors you have pulled out of your main fabric. Did I say I love ALL your stars??

I haven't sewn a star in months but I've lurked here and watched and seen each beautiful star all y'all have done. Only 10 left....sob...sob...wishing I could have kept up...

nickylsf 09-30-2012 06:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by PokerDiva (Post 5551342)

Florence, your South Carolina is great!! It is true, we are really approaching the end. I will be sad in a way. Whenever I don't feel like doing anything else, I can always work on a star... Here is mine.

whitepine 09-30-2012 07:13 AM

Both very pretty, ladies. I'll be another day or two I'm afraid. Lots of pieces on this one. PokerDiva, I too like the way your SC turned out. It really shows off your focus fabric.

PokerDiva 09-30-2012 07:14 AM

Thank you Sheri and Nicky. Sheri, never too late to join back in. I think we will be around awhile. Nicky, there is always that putting it together progress that we can all show. I have decided to use a navy sashing with purple cornerstones and using the purple as the first border. What do you think. When I get caught up with a few other things, I will put a couple rows together and post to let you see what it will look like. Nicky love your SC. It just always amazes me how different the same block can look with different fabrics.

PokerDiva 09-30-2012 07:15 AM

Thanks Sue.