Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/50-fab-paper-pieced-stars-t171784.html)

Janet My 01-20-2012 10:15 PM

Arkansas

1 Attachment(s)
OK, here is my Arkansas....

Reminds me of the Alaska block... same amount of pieces.

OK, Now I need to go to bed to start on California tomorrow.

janey39quilts 01-21-2012 05:33 AM

Love the way the center is a spiral. Love your colors. I am in the process on this block and vow I will have it up tomorrow. Am enjoying this so much and especially everyone's beautiful work. Thanks, Janet My

meanmom 01-21-2012 06:00 AM

I have had to put my stars aside for a week or 2. I am working on a Hoopsisters Goosetracks wall hanging. The last class was supposed to be last night but was cancelled because of an ice storm. I need to finish the border and assemble it so it doesn't become another UFO. I have been cutting out more stars while my embroidery machine runs. I cut out Georgia last night. I will be ready to sew California when I am able to get back to wok on it. The stars are addicting. I can hardly wait to see what the next one will look like when it is finished. Since it is icy here I guess I might have to sew all day.

tomilu 01-21-2012 06:12 AM

Great blocks, girls! I still have to do my Arkansas. This will be a busy day!!!

Jan in FL 01-21-2012 06:20 AM

I finally get to join! Alabama star better late than never!

1 Attachment(s)
I had to finish up a mystery quilt that was tough tough tough for me (a beginner). This is my first attempt at PP and I am loving it! Thanks for the support - I have learned a lot from following this thread so I was much more successful when I began. I think I will put the black and brown in every star and change up the other colors some. Hope I can catch up slowly over the next few weeks.

tomilu 01-21-2012 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by Jan in FL (Post 4895519)
I had to finish up a mystery quilt that was tough tough tough for me (a beginner). This is my first attempt at PP and I am loving it! Thanks for the support - I have learned a lot from following this thread so I was much more successful when I began. I think I will put the black and brown in every star and change up the other colors some. Hope I can catch up slowly over the next few weeks.

You did a lovely job. Love your colors!!!

PokerDiva 01-21-2012 06:34 AM

Geez Louise, I can't beleive all the beautiful blocks I am seeing. All the people who have never pp before and the experienced people, you can't tell the difference. Excellent job everyone.

Janet My 01-21-2012 06:35 AM

Love your colors Jan.... Everyone has done such a great job with the colors. No matter if you are behind... I have all I can do to get one done a week. Working full time keeps me pretty busy and I'd much rather be working on these blocks. I've got them down to a science now and have an assembly line process. They seem to be going faster for me. I'll be going away in March for a week, so I will be behind for sure then. (That is if I can stay caught up till then)

Janet My 01-21-2012 06:40 AM

PokerDiva.... I think you have created a bunch of PP'ing monsters.... I really like doing PP. Before I started, I was very intimidated by them. Now I think I may be doing all my quilts this way. Thanks for the incentive push. I like doing new things and learning all the different ways of quilting. Next hurdle for me will be applique... that scares me to death. I can't hand sew to save my life.

sue z q 01-21-2012 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by tomilu (Post 4889143)
You have to order a CD with the printable blocks. Otherwise what you are doing is good. Have a blessed day!

Where can you buy the CD with the printable blocks? I've searched the internet and can't find it.