Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/50-fab-paper-pieced-stars-t171784.html)

iwillquilt 02-04-2012 05:56 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Here is my California from last week. I thought I was getting that special piece fussy cut to match. But when it is all together it is not so much. But I am still in a learning process. Next time I hope to match it better. And my Conneticut from this week because I goofed. And all six that I have completed together. The photos look very yellow on the two singles. Due to the rain outside this early morning and the lighting in my sewing room. But you get the idea. Looking forward to seeing what everyone has done with thier blocks this week!

PokerDiva 02-04-2012 06:22 AM

WOW, very nice iwillquilt. Going to be a beautiful quilt.

SheriR 02-04-2012 06:27 AM

January Blocks

3 Attachment(s)
I finely finished the January blocks. I'm not sure I like sticking with my collection of Moda prints. I feel like they're starting to look alike. I suppose, since I started this project specifically to use this collection, I better finish them all with it. First you will see Arizona, next Arkansas, last all four January blocks.

iwillquilt 02-04-2012 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by SheriR (Post 4941328)
I finely finished the January blocks. I'm not sure I like sticking with my collection of Moda prints. I feel like they're starting to look alike. I suppose, since I started this project specifically to use this collection, I better finish them all with it. First you will see Arizona, next Arkansas, last all four January blocks.

I think they are lovely SheriR. When you are done and sash them and border them they will all come together to make a fabulous quilt.

paintmejudy 02-04-2012 07:33 AM

i agree -- they will look great -- i like the cohesive look.

Momma_K 02-04-2012 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by SheriR (Post 4941328)

I love your blocks!! Very unique...keep up with the collection, you'll be glad you did!

whitepine 02-04-2012 08:20 AM

Sheri, I agree with all of the above. They are such pretty colors. I know what you mean though because I too was thinking that I might get tired of my colors before the year is out. That's the advantage of scrappy...there's always another scrap. But I'm sticking with my colors and taking on the challenge of finding new ways to put the same colors together. We can always change out minds later. :)

tomilu 02-04-2012 08:25 AM

Very pretty blocks, girls. I really need to get going on my next one. Been very busy with QOVs.

moonwork42029 02-04-2012 11:11 AM

They all are looking great! Still haven't worked on my Colorado but that's ok...

paintmejudy 02-04-2012 05:39 PM

Ok, ladies, I will be taking a break from blocks for a few weeks. I have decided to make a lap quilt instead of a big quilt, so have marked off the 24 blocks I want to do, and the next couple weeks are not being used. But I will be checking in to see all your beauties, can't wait to see how all these collections are coming along.