Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

oksewglad 11-08-2014 08:07 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Oh ouch, Honchey!! Sounds like Jan knows how you felt. Sometimes hate mine on carpet, but there is a positive to it!
Bev's bouncing all over again with her projects...good for you:thumbup:

This morning helped clean church--many hands light work--got flannel for backing of cousins quilt and finished this up for SIL's mother's BD--now to get it off in the mail. She celebrates her 80 BD so a Dutch flag with 80 different fabrics. Thought the Iowa fabric perfect for the backing.

QuiltingNinaSue 11-09-2014 11:38 AM

Ok, another small quilt sewn with l o v e. Lovely. Love the "Iowa" fabric on the back.

Honchey, I can see why you fell in love with the 'angel' craft..very crafty.

Dublb, you do stay very busy. Nice that you help the family and teach quilting to all those who want to learn.

Everyone have a lovely weekend with family.

JeanieG 11-09-2014 05:00 PM

You may not hear from me for awhile! We are heading out for our Nov. RV Camping trip tomorrow, then on to Phoenix to visit my son and the grandkids. No WIFI at the campground, and limited in Phoenix. We will be gone a couple of weeks. Will check in when I can!

dublb 11-09-2014 07:33 PM

We will miss ya Jeanie.

Honchey 11-10-2014 06:03 PM

We arrived safe & sound but very tired..unpacked most of the car..the rest will wait until tomorrow...

Jeanie , have a wonderful time...
Bev, You certainly have been busy..Take it easy every once in awhile..

QNS,, hope you're on the mend but please don't overdue..
Jan & Oksewglad, you two take it easy too.I'm too tired to type anymore...Ha Ha, count the 2"s....

dublb 11-10-2014 06:33 PM

Hey ya'll I tried ta take it easy taday but DH's truck broke down just 2 blocks from the house. I wasn't even dressed yet so I hurried & put my cloths on. DH walked back & grabed the tow strap. Any way I ended up towin' him & his truck home. Once I was home I did several things around here. Since DH retired we asked our housekeeper ta do half o' what she was doin'. She'll do half the house th'sweek & the other half next week. She has taken up a second job & was kinda relieved ta not come as much. This meant that I have ta do more o' it myself. So I got busy th'smornin' doin' stuff. I also actually cooked. I got the casserole ready at about 2:00 & put it in the fridge. Once 4:30 rolled around I popped it inta the oven. I went & picked DGN up at 3:00 as usual.

carriem 11-10-2014 07:07 PM

Hi :) Everyone is busy as usual!

I got a little quilting in today....now have 3 of 7 rows quilted. I should have time to get at least 1 more done tomorrow, maybe 2. I am getting low on thread though so hope it holds out until my order gets here!! I know I don't have enough to finish the quilt. If only I had pieced with a different color....oh well. School is going well (better than expected) with all 3 kids home. I worked at the quilt shop Saturday...doing that just once a month now. I was good and just bought some backing. It was fun to see lots of new fabrics!

I check in when I can...sorry I don't post as much as I used to....

QuiltingNinaSue 11-10-2014 07:27 PM

I post too much Carrie; it makes others think that I should get a life and not dwell here as much as I do....LOL!

Yes, Honchey, I am doing the drops as the Dr said; I am very thankful that I have had excellent doctors trying their best to improve my sight. It's not perfect, but better than what it was. I am going back to visit the couple that has over 700 quilt tops in their home and making more as that is all she can do now.... with our neighbor. We will be delivering the picture album and the nice comments QB members made on her quilts to cheer her up a bit. Wish An honest dealer could be found to sell her tops in the Northeastern USA...New York, perhaps, or wherever the market is that they sell well there. Glad to here your arrived safe in NC.

Today, the neighbor and I visited a quilter in Pollock that does a Queen sized quilt for $50.00, with her furnishing the batting and doing the binding. She is booked through Christmas. Then we visited the LA quilter across the street and she can do a quilt or two for Christmas for each of us, so that was good news. We came back to talk about quilting and quilting patterns until after dark. We were talking so much, we failed to notice darkness falling outside. Not much done in the quilting room today.

dublb 11-10-2014 07:35 PM

Sue, I love all the postin' that ya do. I don't think anyone wants ya ta slow down' on your posts! We all love hearin' from ya! Carrie, post when ya can. We'll be here. :)

QuiltingNinaSue 11-11-2014 05:45 PM

So is the PC swap going on now, the dates seem to indicate a swap...cannot join, just curious.

Did not get home until after dark and dh was upset at me, called and said "git home' which was hard to do when I left with another neighbor, and she was driving me back home. But we made it home by 6:30 PM. Discovered an extra cat in the garage....think it left again. Tomorrow is a new day. Good night all....and Happy Thanksgiving Day!!