Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

dublb 11-04-2014 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Honchey (Post 6956516)
QNS, tomorrow's the big day, I'm praying for you!!

Ditto!!!!!!!

QuiltingNinaSue 11-04-2014 05:27 PM

Thanks, I believe in prayer. I just want on the other side of the surgery NOW.....And praying for you dh, too, Honchey.

JeanieG 11-04-2014 06:19 PM

Good luck tomorrow QNS! My prayers will be with you too, and God Willing you will be seeing great out of that eye soon!

QuiltingNinaSue 11-05-2014 10:16 AM

Yes, I can SEE. Much better now. But he did not remove the nose piece sore on the left side; thought it looked cancerous and will remove it in a couple of weeks in his office in Des Moines and do the biopsy of it then.

Honchey 11-05-2014 10:20 AM

So glad that your surgery went well..Just make sure you follow the DR's instructions!!!!

janRN 11-05-2014 02:36 PM

Yay for you QNS! Isn't it amazing that here you are just a few hours post-op and your vision is already clearer? I'm so glad everything went well and your recovery continues. Prayers do get answered.

QuiltingNinaSue 11-05-2014 03:15 PM

The eye is swollen and sore, because the cataract was so large. And I still have more surgery coming up in two weeks to remove the 'spot' on the left side of my nose. Not home free yet. I see the regular eye doctor tomorrow, and wait to hear from the surgeon on Friday. So no quilting....yet. Yes, the drops are going in as per instructions, and pasting the shield over the eye at night. And hoping....

JeanieG 11-05-2014 05:08 PM

Well at least that one is over QNS! Glad you have better vision despite the discomfort. We will continue to pray for the"spot", hoping it will be ok too.

dublb 11-05-2014 05:15 PM

It sounds great that ya can see! I'll be prayin' for the rest ta come out alright.

oksewglad 11-05-2014 07:11 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I've been sneaking peeks now and again. Amidst all the comings and goings I caught a flu bug (chills, low fever, and body aches) and have been under the weather the last couple of days. Didn't know I could sleep all afternoon and still sleep the night through. Guess the body knows what to do when you're not feeling the best. Better tonight and hopefully better tomorrow. Good thing I voted early on Tuesday.
QNS, I have been thinking of you and am so glad your eye surgery went well. Soon you'll be sewing up a storm as winter sets in. Hoping the skin spot is just that.
Jeanie, like your quilt, but yes it's got some yellow zing to it. Have you auditioned a pink yet? Is it going to soften the brightness?
Honchey--cute little angel. I have a lot of angel Christmas ornaments and angels in one of the spare rooms, but just a few churches here and there.
Yup, Carrie you are young and enjoy the comings and goings of your family. I'm sure you are realizing that as DD is fast approaching graduation and starting a life on her own that the days are precious. Glad to hear you've got some sewing done.
Last week I decided to rearrange furniture. I have 2 nice oak finished cupboards and matching bookcase downstairs. One of the cupboards I've had fabric in. Well I'm moving those pieces upstairs to our bedroom and have moved the antique oak wardrobe down in the sewing space--that means another rearranging is going on. I hope I am satisfied with it and it will be my last and and I can settle in and sew. I think I have all the fabric put away now accept for the small scraps. I've been cutting out pieces for this quilt, but using scrap fabrics of tans and various dark colors instead of the light tans and blues. Just have a few of the lights to cut and then I can put this "kit" away for winter sewing. The block is log cabin like, and can be turned this way or that for different looks. Think I will use the second lay out.
We just found out DH's cousin has has lung cancer (never a smoker) that has spread to her hip. I've found some fabric to put together a comfort quilt for her while she has treatments, so that's a priority--can I get it down by Sunday--we'll see. Night all.