Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

Honchey 05-29-2015 05:39 AM

Carrie, Cute backing fabric..Huge Tulips!, ..When you start and stop with the stitching ho did you finish the stitch so it won't open..I'm curious how you did it..I know there are a couple of ways...H.

oksewglad 05-29-2015 05:57 AM

Yes definitely perfect backing for this quilt, Carrie.:thumbup:

Emily got her trial dress finished and the real one cut out. She was so much more confident the second time around...now to get this one sewn....

Found the blocks not the key...and rain for this afternoon...did bookwork last night and took mail into town afterwards...have some sewing to do while Em is at a dentist appointment this morning. Have a good one.....

Honchey 05-29-2015 06:24 AM

OK, The key will show up when you least expect it... :)

carriem 05-29-2015 06:52 AM

Honchey--I have a button that is a circle with a dot in it that does a "tie off" for me...I think it is called a "locking stitch"? Then I have a built in thread cutter. It was a pain to go back and trim the little bit of threads on the front and back. but gave me the look I was going for. :)

QuiltingNinaSue 05-29-2015 07:08 AM

Carrie, great look on the large tulip quilt...love that bright 'pop' to it. Makes one feel 'cheerful' and 'happy' looking at
it.

Six gallon bags of Rhubarb in the freezer. All dishes are done. We got a slow start this morning, but we are moving right along, headed for mine favorite place...yep, the QR. but need to help dh move my little refrigerator out to the fruit for the eggs over the summer...don't need all that candy to munch on in my bedroom...so out it and the table goes today. With pile things on my bed for the day and find a home for it by evening. Dh has a back log of 16 dozen eggs now...need to make that trip to K., but cannot until next week...and not on Monday. He will have to get chicken feed today or tomorrow...that is half way there.

Everyone have a good day...hope you find your key, OK.

Honchey 05-29-2015 08:08 AM

Carrie, does the tie off leave a bump or does it do a back & forth stitch...The Vikings leave a bump and the Pfaffs leave a flat back and forth stitch..they both leave about 3/4" thread after cutting..

carriem 05-29-2015 09:05 AM

I use a Janome. It does a back and forth...doesn't leave a noticeable bump. Same 3/4" thread...

dublb 05-29-2015 04:00 PM

Hey guy's. I have been real busy the last few days so I just came here & lurked.
DH & I have been lookin' at houses ta consider downsizin'. When we moved here we could afford it as long as DH was workin'. Sigh, even though oil prices are down the prices o' housin' here in Midland are still sky high. We are gonna go ta Brady & see what it would cost ta git it ready for us ta live there.
Things ta consider;
*Finishing out the inclosed carport so that I can have a sewin' room.
*Replace almost all o' the windows.
*Build a shop for DH.
*Replace all o' the floorin'.
*Paint the whole inside.
*Build a chain link fence so that we can have a yard for the dogs.
*Build a wooden fence around an area for a private "patio."
*Finish the deck w/lattice panels so that it will be safer for kids.

If all o' these things run about the same as a down payment for a house here it would be worth the move.

JeanieG 05-29-2015 04:39 PM

Oh gosh Bev, it seems like you just moved into this house. You also maybe have to consider being near your relatives. I don't envy you juggling all those items. So much work to move. So sorry you have this dilemma!

dublb 05-29-2015 05:27 PM

Your right Jeanie. We have only been in this house for 2 years. It will make me cry when I have ta leave it. I will also miss my family. Most o' 'em are very supportive. After the crappy houses we looked at this past week this really seems ta be the best option. We will save at a minimum o' $2,000 a month, maybe more.